Page 3 of 21 1234513 ...
    Addict
    06-17-2009, 11:09 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat View Post
    I don't post much.I've had this stock since 2004,and it has always been the same any good news does nothing for this stock.
    When the company can show a quarterly result with positive cash flow and sub growth, the SP will react positively. Or, if after app release, it hits huge download numbers and sub growth prior to the next quarterly numbers. Until then, it will react unexpectedly, like the run up to .62 and the subsequent drop to the .30s. All of that movement was not based on hard news of any kind. The iPhone app release will be positive news (as long as the damn thing works and is not a klunker). But, I doubt the formal announcement will do much for SP right now, other than keeping it more green than red for a while. But that's good at any rate.
    What I'd love to see would be some unique Chinese programming so China can get SXM via internet and iPhone! Now you're talking gizillions of subs!

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 11:16 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    When the company can show a quarterly result with positive cash flow and sub growth, the SP will react positively. Or, if after app release, it hits huge download numbers and sub growth prior to the next quarterly numbers. Until then, it will react unexpectedly, like the run up to .62 and the subsequent drop to the .30s. All of that movement was not based on hard news of any kind. The iPhone app release will be positive news (as long as the damn thing works and is not a klunker). But, I doubt the formal announcement will do much for SP right now, other than keeping it more green than red for a while. But that's good at any rate.
    What I'd love to see would be some unique Chinese programming so China can get SXM via internet and iPhone! Now you're talking gizillions of subs!
    Yes. This INSTANTLY makes SiriusXM a global content provider. Why doesnt that get any press? Tyler....... I smell an article in this post....

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 11:24 AM #23
    This is to a question to why John doesnt post on another site.

Heres my response, I think its accurate. Since John wouldnt answer it for him, id take a stab.

"John chooses personal agendas vs. educating investors. So he refuses to post here, as he is a selfish prick. If I wore tampons like John does, I wouldnt be posting anywhere, based on his philosophy"

Selfish prick? A bit hard...
    Naaa, very very accurate. John, you there?

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 11:30 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    This is to a question to why John doesnt post on another site.

Heres my response, I think its accurate. Since John wouldnt answer it for him, id take a stab.

"John chooses personal agendas vs. educating investors. So he refuses to post here, as he is a selfish prick. If I wore tampons like John does, I wouldnt be posting anywhere, based on his philosophy"

Selfish prick? A bit hard...
    Naaa, very very accurate. John, you there?
    Damn DOGGG!! I think you just gave 888's a new mission in life and also a third reason he doesn't post there...But John does post there in disguise,HE's

READY: Chairman CEO...... JK JOHN!!!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it,UNA..

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 11:32 AM #25

Yes that is what i'm hoping for,but we will see if it really works like that.

Addict
    06-17-2009, 11:51 AM #26
    I'm HOPING that SXM announces more than the iPhone app. I hope they include big news about licensing deals which will enable sports to be included in internet streamed content. I think Mel mentioned 'new internet programming', so let's hope it is a BIG deal.

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 12:00 PM #27
    I'm HOPING that SXM announces more than the iPhone app. I hope they include big news about licensing deals which will enable sports to be included in internet streamed content. I think Mel mentioned 'new internet programming', so let's hope it is a BIG deal.
    It won't be sports,they have their own internet feeds,sorry to say..
    But MLB and NFL radio could be on there..

Guru
    06-17-2009, 12:07 PM #28
    watch out guys, relmor is on his period today. those hormones are raging.

Addict
    06-17-2009, 12:07 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    It won't be sports,they have their own internet feeds,sorry to say..
    But MLB and NFL radio could be on there..
    Right....but perhaps if SXM gives them a cut. More convenient for iPhone user to have one app that they can use to get a lot of premium content. And, MLB wouldn't have to develop or support an app of their own on iPhone. Do they already have an iPhone app for MLB, NFL, etc? If not, SXM could be one app for all! Just give the aforementioned a cut.

Guru
    06-17-2009, 12:11 PM #30
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ms-rescue.aspx

i think rick could of done way better than this, cmon rick we need at least 1 "journalist" pumping sirius.

Page 3 of 21 1234513 ...