Page 3 of 8 12345 ...
    01-13-2014, 11:48 PM #21
    We better have one helluva good Q4 earnings report.

I hope that 'they' don't have this 'rigged' to the extent that even a stellar E/R won't drive up the SP

01-14-2014, 09:10 AM #22
    This is how a real CEO and board with balls answer an inadequate offer:

CHTR) (TWC) : Time Warner Cable (TWC) said today that its Board of Directors has unanimously rejected a third grossly inadequate proposal from Charter Communications (CHTR) to acquire TWC. The proposal was described only generally in a letter received today from Charter as being in the "low $130s." Based on an interview with Charter CEO, Tom Rutledge, Bloomberg reported that the offer was for $132.50, consisting of $83.00 in cash and $49.50 in Charter stock. Charter had previously offered cash and stock nominally valued at ~$114 in June and ~$127 in October.

Co's Commentary: "Charter's latest proposal is a non-starter. First and foremost, it substantially undervalues TWC and would represent an EBITDA multiple of approximately 7X, well below past transactions in the cable sector. Indeed, our high-quality assets, unique scale, synergy potential, growth opportunities and strong financial position should command a premium valuation compared to precedent transactions, not the discount offered by Charter. Not only is the nominal valuation far too low, but because a significant portion of the purchase price would be in Charter stock, the actual value delivered to TWC shareholders could be substantially lower given the valuation, operational, and significant balance sheet risks embedded in Charter's stock."

01-14-2014, 09:25 AM #23
    Here ya go, some names from our past:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

01-14-2014, 10:00 AM #24
    Barclays Downgrades Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) to Equalweight
    Street Insider - 7:40 AM ET
    Barclays downgraded Sirius XM Radio from Overweight to Equalweight with a price target of $4.00. For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Sirius XM Radio click here. Shares of Sirius XM Radio closed at $3.70 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $2.95-$4.18.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

01-14-2014, 10:10 AM #25
    And $4 is a bad thing?

01-14-2014, 10:26 AM #26
    At this point, $4 looks like a good price target considering the offer.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    01-14-2014, 12:39 PM #27
    I've not seen discussion on what folks here plan to do if and when a settlement with Liberty is completed. Would we be best advised to take our settlement offer, cash out, and look for someplace to invest the proceeds, or would we likely be better off to ride the LMCA train with our new shares there, in hopes the returns would be acceptable and competitive?............ Personally, after riding this dog for several years through all the turmoil and indecision, I think I might be ready to take my dry powder and look for new ground to plow.

I mentioned yesterday a new company in the Bakken Oil fields which seems poised to show some rapid and healthy growth. CNTO
    has risen from 15 cents two months ago to $2.54 this morning before taking a bit of a breather and relaxation down to $2.30's. It is days like this that make me wish SIRI would cash me in at $4 and let me dump a pile of powder into something like CNTO.

PS. PHOT has been a profitable play of late.

Addict
    01-14-2014, 04:14 PM #28
    Yawnnnnn!!! zzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Head Honcho
    01-14-2014, 04:40 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by I_know_nothing View Post
    OT question: Anyone invest in or watch LULU? I've been looking for a good entry after their recall problems last year and I'm thinking today may be it. It's down quite a bit and has been for some time ( -16% right now, lowest it's been in a LONG time). My wife and all her friends LOVE their clothes and the recall hasn't stopped them from buying from there. I'm trying to look at this from a "peter lynch" standpoint.... I know people love their product and will continue to buy. Is this the end of their issues and things go up from here or are there bigger underlying issues that I should be worried about? Any thoughts are welcome.
    I can't tell you anything about the stock but, i can tell you that my wife got some first time LULU outfits for Xmas and that stuff is WTF-expensive. I checked out the website to see what its all about and the low end mens sweatpants were $85! WTF do $85 per pair sweatpants feel like? For $85 it better feel like my legs are having sex.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    01-14-2014, 04:43 PM #30
    Had a sell order on PHOT for .32 and it didn't fill. I've been trading stock for 15 years and that had never happened to me until recently and now its happened twice in a month or so. Does that stuff happen often to you guys? Is it just because I trade a little more frequently? Maybe I'm getting better at guessing tops and bottoms... who knows.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 3 of 8 12345 ...