Page 2 of 9 1234 ...
    Mentor
    11-24-2008, 03:14 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    For me it needs to reach 10 cents so I can start buying, it does not mean it will....
    Well, we found one thing that we agree on - Just because you "need" it to go to 10 cents doesn't mean that it will. I can agree with that....

Before you stated that "it" (SIRI stock) "needs" to go to 10 cents and stated that it went to .09 in AH as your reasoning, but now you say that it is YOU that "needs" it to go to 10 cents.

Let me remind people that just because a single trade in the wild west of AH crossed at .09, it means absolutely NOTHING.

Let me also remind people that just because Siriusowner "needs" it to got to 10 cents, doesn't mean that it will. Siriusowner's "needs" have absolutely NOTHING to do with the share price.....

Enthusiast
    11-24-2008, 03:42 PM #12
    gwbush and team have pushed 7.4 trillion into all areas of the economy, trying to salvage the american system, way of life and dream..

I also think its more likely to reach 0.10 prior to reaching even .20 boy I never expected to see these prices.

half of all banks may be heading for failure currently. based on a report i read today..

Addict
    11-24-2008, 03:51 PM #13
    Let me also remind people that just because Siriusowner "needs" it to got to 10 cents, doesn't mean that it will. Siriusowner's "needs" have absolutely NOTHING to do with the share price.....[/QUOTE]

My needs or your wishes are irrelevant... People need to be doing their own research and not base their stock pickings based on your, my or even an analyst recommendation.

However, so far I have been right in regards the price direction. If Sirius Hope had bought around .30 like he wanted to, he would have lost 50% of his investment so far. If all the other guys that wanted to load up @ .25 had done so, they would be loosing money... Even the ones that wanted to buy @.20 would be loosing money.

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 04:10 PM #14
    so far I have been right in regards the price direction.
    Past performance is not indicative of future performance. I would like to remind people that Siriusowner being right or wrong in the past or the future has nothing to do with where the share price is now or where it will go in the future....

Addict
    11-24-2008, 04:59 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Past performance is not indicative of future performance. I would like to remind people that Siriusowner being right or wrong in the past or the future has nothing to do with where the share price is now or where it will go in the future....
    The beauty of this is that I do not have to convince you or anybody of my point of view. And as I have been saying, everyone is an adult and responsible for his own decisions no matter how dumb they may get.

Plus the fact remains that this stock is a loser and the numbers speak for themselves.

Enthusiast
    11-24-2008, 05:04 PM #16

Today's Close Was Different!!!!!!!

For the 1st time since I can remember, the last trade at the close was UP BIG.

Right at the close two trades went by, both at $.16 for 1,818,500 shares.

It had been trading at around $.148
    Last edited by Keysmark; 11-24-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-24-2008, 05:10 PM #17
    WTF AFTER HR TRADE AT .21? WHAT WAS THAT!!

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 05:17 PM #18
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...-xm-radio.aspx

Can Apple Save Sirius XM Radio?
    By Rick Aristotle Munarriz November 24

High on the wish list of Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) subscribers -- and no doubt battered shareholders -- is an iPhone app. With its fast-growing wireless subscriber base, Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) revolutionary smartphone is a natural platform.

With shares closing at an all-time low of $0.14 last week and Sirius XM slashing subscriber targets in recent weeks, an iPhone tie-in would be just the ticket in generating buzz for Sirius XM's scarred investors as well as a great customer retention tool.

I'm not building the hype to tease you. At least one company is working on an iTunes App that will let iPhone owners -- and Wi-Fi-tethered iPod touch jockeys -- stream their active satellite radio subscriptions through their portable devices. Surprisingly, that company isn't Sirius XM.

Don't be a Playr hater
    StarPlayr is no stranger to riding Sirius XM's coattails. The company already offers a more advanced streaming alternative for PC and Mac users over the in-house Sirius XM solution.

There is no firm release date for StarPlayr's iPhone application, but the developer's product list has appetizing screenshots with cool features including album artwork, song lyrics, and the monetization gems of ad serving and the ability to purchase the current track through iTunes.

Why is a third party developer beating Sirius XM to the punch? It's a fair question. Maybe the radio giant doesn't want to devote too many of its resources toward developing platforms beyond its receivers. XM and Sirius have been providing Web streaming of its networks for a few years now. Access is included at no additional cost to existing subscribers, though the company also sells stand-alone streaming plans. Sirius XM has never bragged about its Web-only subscriber counts during its conference calls, so it's safe to assume that it's a limited audience. There is too much competition in cyberspace, with the pervasiveness of free Internet radio making it difficult to justify aggressively marketing a premium Web product.

It's a near-sighted approach. Sirius XM should take a page out of the Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) playbook. Seriously.

Nothing but Netflix
    Netflix launched a PC-based streaming service in January of 2007. It isn't a profit center. Netflix doesn't charge members for access. There is no advertising on the streams. If anything, it's actually a loss leader, since Netflix still has to foot the bandwidth tab and pay participating studios their royalties.

So what's in it for Netflix? Member loyalty, as measured by the company's low churn rate, is solid. The on-demand streams at no additional cost also help Netflix stand apart from its media-serving rivals.

Like Netflix, Sirius XM also leans on a Web streaming service to keep customers close and happy. However, Netflix has been raising the stakes this year by reaching out to Blu-ray player makers, set-top box manufacturers, and even Xbox 360 and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) owners. Making it more convenient for subscribers to consume celluloid on their own terms is the biggest secret to Netflix's success.

In short, SiriusXM should be all over this, even if StarPlayr has to do the grunt work.

So much to gain and even more to lose
    The iPhone is huge. Market research firm Nielsen pegs the active iPhone user base at 3.6 million as of October, and growing. That may seem like a small audience for a platform like satrad with 18.9 million current subscribers, but let's dig a little deeper into the iPhone audience.

Nielsen estimates that 98% of iPhone users take advantage of the smartphone's Web connectivity and that 70% consume music through their phones. Millions of influential iPhone users are streaming music on their devices. Some of the top apps include:

Pandora's music discovery streams.
    CBS' (NYSE: CBS) Last.fm Web radio.
    Time Warner's (NYSE: TWX) AOL Music.
    Sirius XM can't afford to ignore this audience. Even with a superior product, it's hard to compete against free apps pitching free music.

There is Internet buzz building over StarPlayr's iPhone client hitting Apple's store later this week. Whether or not a Thanksgiving release is accurate, Sirius XM needs to make sure that it's actively finding a way to reach this growing audience.

Oh, and let it do it the right way. Sirius XM has offered streamlined programming plans through conventional handsets and even Research In Motion's (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerry earlier this year. The flaw in all of these seldom-discussed deals is that wireless phone users may have no problem buying costly ringtones but music subscriptions have historically been a harder sell.

Sirius XM needs to approach the iPhone as a way to retain its existing subscribers, just like Netflix with its home-theater digital delivery invasion. The market also wouldn't mind if Sirius XM was paddling new revenue streams like online advertising and digital media sales.

With the stock at $0.14 a share and the company only looking to add 200,000 net new subs this quarter, it's worth a shot. What does it have to lose that it hasn't lost already?

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 05:27 PM #19
    ....the fact remains that this stock is a loser and the numbers speak for themselves.
    Are you still saying that "this stock is a loser"? That would be incorrect. Well, you are correct in that "the numbers speak for themselves." SIRI is up over 14% today. SIRI is not a loser today.

Just because a stock has been a loser in the past, doesn't mean it will be a loser now or in the future.

Past performance is not indicative of future performance and you "needing" it to go to 10 cents didn't make it go there today....
    Last edited by Demian; 11-24-2008 at 05:30 PM.

11-24-2008, 05:34 PM #20
    I just need it to get to $.30 cents so i can get the hell out.

Page 2 of 9 1234 ...