0 0%
  • This is a lousy idea

3 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12
    Banned
    04-03-2009, 09:38 AM #1

SiriusBuzz Survey - Reader Blog Category

I got this brainstorm this morning. We have excellent, emotional and intelligent people posting on the threads. Some have brought up the issue of writing articles themselves. As a precursor, I thought we may be able to create a new category in the forums of Reader Blogs.

The subcategory could be sorted by individual, any individual, who would like to write daily, weekly or sporadically about any given Sirius XM related topic.

I'm just wondering what you guys think? There are so many intelligent posters here that I think it would expand everyone's involvement with the stock, the company and siriusbuzz.
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 04-03-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Enthusiast
    04-03-2009, 09:56 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I got this brainstorm this morning. We have excellent, emotional and intelligent people posting on the threads. Some have brought up the issue of writing articles themselves. As a precursor, I thought we may be able to create a new category in the forums of Reader Blogs.

The subcategory could be sorted by individual, any individual, who would like to write daily, weekly or sporadically about any given Sirius XM related topic.

I'm just wondering what you guys think? There are so many intelligent posters here that I think it would expand everyone's involvement with the stock, the company and siriusbuzz.

do you moderate? or function as the editor? Or is it chaotic like the forums? good idea in theory

Banned
    04-03-2009, 10:00 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo2424 View Post
    do you moderate? or function as the editor? Or is it chaotic like the forums? good idea in theory
    I'm thinking it would be less chaotic because each individual "blogger" would in a sense have their own thread. We wouldn't need to edit or moderate. If someone is abusive or off topic they tend to be edited anyway. That would continue.

04-03-2009, 10:00 AM #4
    I think it's a great idea. It would give a proper forum for people to expand on the thoughts they have. The discussion page is great but you are somewhat limited in both the space and, the given time frame before your post looks out of place.

Mentor
    04-03-2009, 10:17 AM #5
    I have no problem with other opinions,as long as it doesn't get like Yahoo boards,of which i have never partaken except by link,it is bad...
    but I think it is worth trying..

Enthusiast
    04-03-2009, 10:47 AM #6
    The more information the better. Statistical and specific financial information cited in the blogs should give source. This form of blogging has the potential to make anyone interested into a more rounded investor. I believe background history (not necessarily name) captured within the blog will lead to credibility outside our tight circle!!

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-03-2009, 01:01 PM #7
    I think this is a GREAT idea.... and if Relmor/Demian/John (and others) don't start doing some writing... I'm going to ask killer to sick the blue dog on them.... it would be great to have a consolidated place to find their wisdom on the long level SP days.... when we need a jolt of reality/facts/advice from them.

Mentor
    04-03-2009, 01:03 PM #8
    I think this is an excellent idea! The blogger section could be a completely seperate section, free from editing or censorship unless requested by the blogger him or herself. It would definately allow other ideas to be expressed in a meaningful way instead of just in a daily SIRI thread or something.

It could also lead to people getting their blog posted on the main page if it is a good quality post or being linked to from a main page post.

Banned
    04-03-2009, 01:12 PM #9
    AS you know newman, I sent you, Charles and Tyler an email this morning regarding this. Still waiting for them to weigh in.

Guru
    04-03-2009, 01:52 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    I think this is a GREAT idea.... and if Relmor/Demian/John (and others) don't start doing some writing... I'm going to ask killer to sick the blue dog on them.... it would be great to have a consolidated place to find their wisdom on the long level SP days.... when we need a jolt of reality/facts/advice from them.

I dont know you can always just press on their name and go right to the "all threads started by (name here)" Here is an example:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/search.php?searchid=130335

I just think the site works well, it is well designed and I am not one to give Charles credit for to much. So when I say I think he did a good job with the site then I mean it.
    Last edited by john; 04-03-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12