Guru
    09-24-2009, 01:23 PM #1

The democrats senators must think we are dumb.

Boy did you just here the latest. The republicans tried to get amendment in the healthcare bill the senate is working on, that the whole bill be put on the internet 72 hours before they vote on it. It was voted down by all but one of the democrats. Instead they said they would just put up a short cliffnote version of the bill. They really think we are that dumb, they dont think we would question why the full bill would not be put up. Like maybe there is something in it they dont want us to see. Remember what happen to the house bill when people read what was in it.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-24-2009, 03:12 PM #2
    Good point John.

When President Obama was elected, he called for more openess.

It doesn't seem like Congress is going along with that.

Imagine that, the legislative branch not doing what the executive branch wants. Just seems like politics as usual to me.

Guru
    09-24-2009, 04:44 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Good point John.

When President Obama was elected, he called for more openess.

It doesn't seem like Congress is going along with that.

Imagine that, the legislative branch not doing what the executive branch wants. Just seems like politics as usual to me.

It pisses me off, They know full well what they are doing by not releasing the full bill. As a matter of fact I dont know what pisses me off more that or they all think we are idiots and dont know exactly what they are doing.