Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    Guru
    07-13-2009, 11:12 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Rosie could be worth 200k subs or so,she is that popular among women...
    and talk about PR,she'll be in the MSM alot..

P.S. Otone thanks for the info,Charles is slow on any other story other than Slackdora related...

Which is fine,not his expertise area,just keep us up to date on APP download list,and as was posted,how about a little in depth reporting on Categories SXM is ranked in?

You really have to get to the main page more often.

bassmaster says:
    July 12, 2009 at 2:38 pm
    relmor2003 says:
    July 11, 2009 at 10:52 pm
    So to imply you should rate them as compared to where Pandora is, is a bad guide. I think its impressive to be anywhere near a free app that popular(musicwise). Where would SiriusXM rate as a sports app? Talk radio app? How about a live concert app? Since its all of those, they could be on many lists. They are on a music app, but its only one part of there service. Talk radio, concerts, personalities, comedy shows, and news, etc…

if you would search the app store or itunes, you would find that siriusxm is the #1 app (paid or free) on talk radio category. it is 3rd on comedy (1st in free) and somewhere around 25th (paid and free) in the news category.3rd in personalities(free app is 1st).. i think this is all related to how siriusxm app is tagged tho. i didnt find the app under the concerts category. but all you have to do is type a keyword in search and if sirius or apple has tagged that word , then the sirius app will appear in that ranking.

bassmaster says:
    July 12, 2009 at 2:45 pm
    oh and btw. under radio - it is 2nd (1st free), ahead of pandora radio which is 4th overall.

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 11:13 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes John. Looks like they will all be in place to help Q3. cant wait to see the impact. Now, will these subs be counted when they sign up past the 3 months? Or will they get a sub upon agreement of the 3 month trial? As these deals are not tied to new car radios(other than GM, as they own the radio for life, and probably why they wont go into a used car deal exclusively with GM, to avoid that nightmare in paying GM forever for a certain radio.)
    now all we need to do is convert you to a true long, then all will be right in the world

Enthusiast
    07-13-2009, 11:14 AM #23
    P.S. Otone thanks for the info,Charles is slow on any other story other than Slackdora related...

Which is fine,not his expertise area,just keep us up to date on APP download list,and as was posted,how about a little in depth reporting on Categories SXM is ranked in?
    Irish, I think if he is going to post an article with "concerns", he should back it up with an update if new information is released. http://siriusbuzz.com/new-daily-morn...-sirius-xm.php

concerns: "Now that she is “exclusively” on Sirius XM, does this mean her fans will no longer be able to see and hear her via the infamous Roise blog, where she has been known for her outspoken written and video rants over the years? At the time of this writing there was curiously no mention of her move to Sirius XM… I expected to see a maniacal video blog at the very least to let her fans know where they could catch her next, maybe it is coming soon."

Just a really negative overtone here. Charles is all into researching twitter updates from people pissed off about Sirius in one way or another.. I just did some "easy research" on her "infamous" blog. Definitely NOT my expertise area :-) How about providing some updates to the articles he has written if there has been some kind of change over what he reported?

Maybe not a full blown update on the main site, but how about something half way positive in the forums here. Too much to ask?

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 11:25 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You really have to get to the main page more often.

bassmaster says:
    July 12, 2009 at 2:38 pm
    relmor2003 says:
    July 11, 2009 at 10:52 pm
    So to imply you should rate them as compared to where Pandora is, is a bad guide. I think its impressive to be anywhere near a free app that popular(musicwise). Where would SiriusXM rate as a sports app? Talk radio app? How about a live concert app? Since its all of those, they could be on many lists. They are on a music app, but its only one part of there service. Talk radio, concerts, personalities, comedy shows, and news, etc…

if you would search the app store or itunes, you would find that siriusxm is the #1 app (paid or free) on talk radio category. it is 3rd on comedy (1st in free) and somewhere around 25th (paid and free) in the news category.3rd in personalities(free app is 1st).. i think this is all related to how siriusxm app is tagged tho. i didnt find the app under the concerts category. but all you have to do is type a keyword in search and if sirius or apple has tagged that word , then the sirius app will appear in that ranking.

bassmaster says:
    July 12, 2009 at 2:45 pm
    oh and btw. under radio - it is 2nd (1st free), ahead of pandora radio which is 4th overall.
    Yes John ,was away not DEAD!!! saw that and referred to it in saying posted earlier,but was talking to charles about why He didn't report thast,it is his area of expertise...

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 11:29 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Irish, I think if he is going to post an article with "concerns", he should back it up with an update if new information is released. http://siriusbuzz.com/new-daily-morn...-sirius-xm.php

concerns: "Now that she is “exclusively” on Sirius XM, does this mean her fans will no longer be able to see and hear her via the infamous Roise blog, where she has been known for her outspoken written and video rants over the years? At the time of this writing there was curiously no mention of her move to Sirius XM… I expected to see a maniacal video blog at the very least to let her fans know where they could catch her next, maybe it is coming soon."

Just a really negative overtone here. Charles is all into researching twitter updates from people pissed off about Sirius in one way or another.. I just did some "easy research" on her "infamous" blog. Definitely NOT my expertise area :-) How about providing some updates to the articles he has written if there has been some kind of change over what he reported?

Maybe not a full blown update on the main site, but how about something half way positive in the forums here. Too much to ask?
    Now that is good journalistic reporting with links and facts to back it up,guess he wrote it and just moved on after getting in his shots,,seeing as how the Rosie blog addresses it the next day after article blasting it..

Guru
    07-13-2009, 11:30 AM #26
    Yes John ,was away not DEAD!!! saw that and referred to it in saying posted earlier,but was talking to charles about why He didn't report thast,it is his area of expertise...

Fair enough, but I thought you wanted to know how to get the information for yourself and "bassmaster" made it simple enough to do this with his information.

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 11:33 AM #27
    Fair enough, but I thought you wanted to know how to get the information for yourself and "bassmaster" made it simple enough to do this with his information.
    Yes,agree,Bass did a great job explaining how to get the info,was pretty easy i thought...

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 11:40 AM #28
    Just a really negative overtone here.
    If anything the overtone was playful and I was painting a picture of how it was weird. It is weird IMHO. She was of the first and still one of the only that rants on a video blog and no mention of her new deal seemed strange... you guys really disagree? There was an update about a lost bird... she talks about anything and everything no matter how insignificant.

I am sorry you took it as negative.

Charles is all into researching twitter updates from people pissed off about Sirius in one way or another.
    Not true, my article had 4 positives and 4 negatives. I search twitter and other SE's for any and all information.

You guys sure do reach and I am not sure why. I am long and more committed to this stock than most. Either I am failing to make my tone known or you guys just see anything negative and put on blinders to the positive, I am not sure. I welcome you all to give me a call anytime or listen to the radio show to hear how I feel and where I am coming from. Why you think Sirius XM negatives are simply my negatives is lost on me. Its not all rainbows and sunshine with this company and that is NOT my fault. Its just reality. I dont expect them to be perfect, there is going to be bad news from time to time.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 11:44 AM #29
    Now that is good journalistic reporting with links and facts to back it up,guess he wrote it and just moved on after getting in his shots,,seeing as how the Rosie blog addresses it the next day after article blasting it..
    The next day she wrote about a lost bird. Not Sirius XM. There was no mention of her new contract. I still dont think there has been but I havent had time to read her whole blog. I know a full week after there was still no mention.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 11:46 AM #30
    Well, it is hard to say because we dont have the details. I will take a stab at it though and say because it helps SIRIXM more then Mercedes Bends that they will not be paying for much if any of the 3 months. So that means they will not count them in the sub numbers until after the trial is over. SIRI never counted any sub unless they got payment for it.
    Darn, so it might barely help Q3 on that take. Q4 would be the first full quarter to see how it helped. But regardless, a new revenue stream is a new revenue stream. Not going to hurt, thats for sure. If there take rate on new cars is 45%, maybe on used they can get 40%(decreased due to the consumer buying used, may indicate less discresionary money he has to spend). And is the free trial with every sale, or just those who request it. I would think to leave the salesman out of the loop, it would be with every sale that had a radio in it, standard. Just as a given. Now how many of there cars do they sell, have sat. radio in them? If its under 3 years old, we can take penetration rates from that brand from 1 or 2 years ago, and come up with a reasonable estimate.

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...