Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    06-21-2009, 08:01 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by m4svt View Post
    so far, majority of the people downloading it hate the app, and wont become subscribers. plus you have some people who complain about the extra 2.99 mo. meanwhile majority of the iphone users pay close to $100 month for their service...

i hope on monday stern addresses why he's not on the iphone. maybe by then the app will be the #1 free app overall.
    http://www.thestreet.com/_aol/video/...=1#27023485001

http://finance.aol.com/quotes/sirius...o-inc/siri/nas

Comments (4) Alert Email Print ShareBy Carla Mozee, MarketWatch
    LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Sirius XM Radio Inc. saw its stock surge Friday evening while E-Trade Financial Corp. topped volume leaders following day-session declines, which were prompted by the pricing of a public share offering.

Sirius shares /quotes/comstock/15*!siri/quotes/nls/siri (SIRI 0.34, +0.00, +0.70%) rose 13% to 38 cents a share after Apple Inc. launched its new iPhone 3GS earlier in the day. Sirius' new application for use on the iPhone and iPod touch is the most downloaded free-music application and the second most-heavily downloaded free app on iTunes, according to Apple

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/e-t...?siteid=aolRss

So I dont know where you getting your info from....maybe you need to get back to yahoo............

06-21-2009, 09:35 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Sirius shares /quotes/comstock/15*!siri/quotes/nls/siri (SIRI 0.34, +0.00, +0.70%) rose 13% to 38 cents a share after Apple Inc. launched its new iPhone 3GS earlier in the day. Sirius' new application for use on the iPhone and iPod touch is the most downloaded free-music application and the second most-heavily downloaded free app on iTunes, according to Apple

So I dont know where you getting your info from....maybe you need to get back to yahoo............
    Look at Itunes reviews. The app reviews mean a lot to the people who make them. This app may have had a lot of downloads, but doesn't mean people will buy the premium upgrade. Seems like 90% of them won't according to the reviews. So far they have a 2 stars which is not good if your in the app business.

Imo, they should have charged 10 bucks for the app with all channels available and gave Howard, MLB, and NASCAR a percentage on the backside.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 10:22 PM #13
    the problem with that is there are tons of siri haters, and angry howard fans. they make the most noise, but they do not represent every1, once again if we can get 8 million downloads and only get 5 percent of those to jump on thats 400,000 subs right there. i guarantee howard will come over too, sooner than later i bet.

06-21-2009, 11:15 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    the problem with that is there are tons of siri haters, and angry howard fans. they make the most noise, but they do not represent every1, once again if we can get 8 million downloads and only get 5 percent of those to jump on thats 400,000 subs right there. i guarantee howard will come over too, sooner than later i bet.
    Why would you want 5% when they could have had 60-70%. Fact of the matter is, is that they didn't do their homework. They made it a free app, which was their first mistake. They pretty much baited users into purchasing a premium subscription without the most popular channels. That in turn failed and so did stock prices.

The hype around this app has been lingering since Apple shot down the uSirius app. Sirius was banking on the obvious which was to make their own app and charge current subscribers a premium. Stock prices were to rise and many new subscribers were to join. None of which has happen. Apple states that this app is one of the most popular downloads. What they won't tell you is that it is quickly deleted after downloading.

They could have made a killing on this if they only charged a flat fee in the first place. If I were a stock holder I would have been very upset that this new endeavor didn't pan out.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 11:59 PM #15
    you dont really know what u are talking about. so i will leave it at that.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-22-2009, 12:05 AM #16
    Tripp,

Maybe you should "Try Acid" and then everything he is saying will become clear to you.

Enthusiast
    06-22-2009, 02:38 AM #17
    wow out of almost 20,000 ratings, close to 14,000 are 1 out of 5 stars. around 3,000 give it 5 out of 5 stars... majority of complaints are b/c of lack of stern.

Page 2 of 2 12