Guru
    02-28-2009, 03:16 PM #71
    good ole buffet giving us a nice update, good read

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2008ltr.pdf

Guru
    02-28-2009, 03:36 PM #72
    http://www.c-spanarchives.org/librar...art=&clipStop=

whitehouse fiscal responsibility summit

very interesting as obama did something bush never di hes letting the repubs inside the think tank, anyway just watch that video, i prefer to watch things live and get the info myself rather than have everything reported tome second hand, thats why i love cspan, fox msnbc all them always spin things.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 03:53 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    good ole buffet giving us a nice update, good read

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2008ltr.pdf
    Tripps, that is a really good read....thanks for sharing it. I am going to re-read it later today or this evening. Hope you are having a great day!

Guru
    02-28-2009, 04:10 PM #74

heres like part 2 of the summit

he takes questions from repubs and dems

Guru
    02-28-2009, 04:15 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post

whitehouse fiscal responsibility summit

very interesting as obama did something bush never di hes letting the repubs inside the think tank, anyway just watch that video, i prefer to watch things live and get the info myself rather than have everything reported tome second hand, thats why i love cspan, fox msnbc all them always spin things.
    I love CSPAN also....I watch it a lot. I like the political happenings without somebody telling me what they just said and then make my own determinations. I watched parts of that summit live in between doing other things.

As you all ready know, I am very independent about stock opinions, primarily because I am a contrarian / momentum investor. When the big guys are screaming "Sell", that is when I tune in, look and see if it is a good buy for me. I know that you are the same way. I am too small to follow institutional buying methods and timing. We all are here.

I screw up though. I still have that damn 30 shares of AIB hanging in the air at 2.77? LOL It will just have to sit there for a while. One weekend between buying that and waiting for Monday to buy another 70 shares got lost in the wind when AIB started dropping like a rock and didn't quit. Then AIB was Nationalized with the country's pension fund and it has been teetering ever since. As you well know, it used to parallel the U.S. markets quite closely. Until this market takes off some I expect nothing out of it and like Newman says, they usually take a couple of months to catch back up with us. So....nothing to worry about there.

I have a couple of hundred shares of ABK still sitting there at 1.34 and now it is down to .61. That is another just leave it there for a while. Mortgage and business insurers aren't getting much of a hand at this time. The government wants to re-work those toxic assets but haven't decided how to handle it yet, so ABK is in limbo......I am not worried about that one either.

Other than that everything is just swell. I haven't lost anything on those, but will just have to wait for a while until I can touch them again.

All in all, things are pretty good considering the shape of our Market at the time.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 04:47 PM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Hey Billy, keep one eye on the BDI when you play DRYS, see if you can pick up the correlation between the two.
    I am going to get further into the Baltic Drys Index.....It is pretty wild to look at, especially when you get into the detailed aspects of it. I am in a learning curve with it. Maybe tonight I will re-approach it. Having to go to bed every night sure puts a dent into things....haha

Guru
    02-28-2009, 05:06 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I love CSPAN also....I watch it a lot. I like the political happenings without somebody telling me what they just said and then make my own determinations. I watched parts of that summit live in between doing other things.

As you all ready know, I am very independent about stock opinions, primarily because I am a contrarian / momentum investor. When the big guys are screaming "Sell", that is when I tune in, look and see if it is a good buy for me. I know that you are the same way. I am too small to follow institutional buying methods and timing. We all are here.

I screw up though. I still have that damn 30 shares of AIB hanging in the air at 2.77? LOL It will just have to sit there for a while. One weekend between buying that and waiting for Monday to buy another 70 shares got lost in the wind when AIB started dropping like a rock and didn't quit. Then AIB was Nationalized with the country's pension fund and it has been teetering ever since. As you well know, it used to parallel the U.S. markets quite closely. Until this market takes off some I expect nothing out of it and like Newman says, they usually take a couple of months to catch back up with us. So....nothing to worry about there.

I have a couple of hundred shares of ABK still sitting there at 1.34 and now it is down to .61. That is another just leave it there for a while. Mortgage and business insurers aren't getting much of a hand at this time. The government wants to re-work those toxic assets but haven't decided how to handle it yet, so ABK is in limbo......I am not worried about that one either.

Other than that everything is just swell. I haven't lost anything on those, but will just have to wait for a while until I can touch them again.

All in all, things are pretty good considering the shape of our Market at the time.
    yea i got lucky and sold off everything, aib at 3.19 for a loss bac for a slight gain at 6 soemthing and a few other things for very small losses, at the time i was hating selling cause i figured they would go up, but i weanted to go all in with siri as i felt it was the best risk/reward stock out there, i know lots of people who will disagree, but anyway selling was a god send cause im actually up right now as oppossed to down where i would be if i held, i figure diversification can be just as bad as good, how many good picks can u actually get. anyway i will probaly reinvest in lvlt and bac,once i get some funds clear. i want to make sure i get them at their actual lows, i think aib and lvlt are there, 2-4 for bac will work out. You will be alright bill but if u want to get soem gains your going to have to take a longer term aproach with aib, bac might not take so long. When bac hit 2 somethin o man i wish i had money to buy then, lvlt too cause i think thats popping right now.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 05:24 PM #78

(C)

What do you think they are ACTUALLY going to do with Citigroup? I kind of get the feeling that they are floating the company while they break it down into smaller chunks. It is too big to fund for a while and dismantle.

The stock took a bath in dilution last week. Last I looked, it traded about 1 billion 800 million shares in one day. I know the government took preferred stock and converted it into common.

I am just curious if there is anything to reap out of this? Any ideas, other than a tax write-off? (I currently don't own any).

Guru
    02-28-2009, 06:38 PM #79
    I really dunno man i would just watch it close and if this feels like a bottom and its starting to show strength jump in. Bac is something you can do that with, it seems easy to spot its up trends and down trends. I did not think citi would be this low in the first place, is it gonna act like bac did when it hit the 2 dollar range and pop up like a rocket and the fizzle back down or is it going to act like aib, i dunno man its a gamble.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 07:04 PM #80

Page 8 of 10 ... 678910