1 The Trooper Iron Maiden 6
    1 Holy Diver Dio 6
    1 She Sells Sanctuary Cult 6
    1 Highway To Hell AC/DC 6
    1 Dude (Looks Like A Lady) Aerosmith 6
    1 War Pigs Black Sabbath 6
    1 Distant Early Warning Rush 6

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm was a XM loyalist, so my views are probably different than some of you Sirius guys.

What do you like?

What do you dislike?

05-12-2009, 07:57 AM #2
    WOW, looking at that reminded me of the term death by powerpoint. Same songs over and over again? Thats what is wrong with the programming department. There is more music out there and its just not being played. Do a search of Sirius playlist and you will find out that on dog star radio you can research a certain date and find out what songs are played daily. Look back in 08 and see how versatile the playlist were at BUZZSAW and you will see what I am talking about.
    Autograph?? Cheap Trick??? Hard and Heavy?? I think NOT!!
    There is more to Rainbow than the song they play, Remember there were 3 singers in that band.
    The fact is that The Boneyard is a reminder that repetative playlists are still alive even in the commercial free world of Sirius/XM.
    Metallica,Judas Priest,Van Halen all grouped to gether 3 times and 1 Iron Maiden song....Looks like I will be emailing playlists to the programers and seeing if they are looking for some real directors.
    BRING BACK THE SAW!!!

05-12-2009, 10:31 AM #3
    Its just another example of poor programming. The song repitition on Boneyard is painfully obvious when you listen everyday.

These song don't even belong on Boneyard period. They are all too soft, too cheesy or just plain bad!

1 Turbo Lover Judas Priest 6 - 80's crap
    1 Turn Up The Radio Autograph 6 - more 80's crap
    1 Ain't That A Shame Cheap Trick 6 - pop crap
    1 Time Stand Still Rush 6 - too soft, Rush has much better to offer
    1 Dulcimer Stomp/The Other Side Aerosmith 6 - 90's pop Aerosmith, no thanks
    1 California Man Cheap Trick 6 - pop crap
    1 Rag Doll Aerosmith 6 - Doesn't belong here, 90's Aerosmith is pop not classic hard rock
    1 I Can't Drive 55 Sammy Hagar 6 - overplayed FM radio pop crap
    1 Dude (Looks Like A Lady) Aerosmith 6 - cheesy 90's pop Aerosmith again

How can Boneyard call itself a classic hard rock channel when I see that they play more Def Leppard than Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath! In fact Def Leppard is the 8th most played artist on Boneyard. Def Leppard had 2 hard rock albums and then sold out to spew out pure cheese rock.

I see Van Halen is the most played band on Boneyard, I'm sorry but I just don't think of them as the epitome of classic hard and heavy rock. Some of their stuff sounds dated and cheesy to me. Maybe from years and years of hearing them overplayed on FM radio.

I see Metallica way up on the list also. Didn't they just have a complete Metallica take over of Liquid Metal? Why overplay Metalica on Boneyard?

Just my opinion, everyone might not agree.
    Last edited by wblongliverock; 05-12-2009 at 11:09 AM.

05-12-2009, 01:23 PM #4
    Well, we agree more than I thought!

1. Song repetition! That's a huge problem, that a deep playlist would take care of.

2. Band repetition! Same 12 bands over and over again!

3. Boneyard should be the heavier brother of Hairnation. I think bands like Cheap Trick, Night Ranger, and Autograph could easily fit side by side with Warrant, Bon Jovi, Trixter, Slaughter, and Winger on Hairnation.

05-12-2009, 01:31 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wblongliverock View Post
    How can Boneyard call itself a classic hard rock channel when I see that they play more Def Leppard than Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath! In fact Def Leppard is the 8th most played artist on Boneyard. Def Leppard had 2 hard rock albums and then sold out to spew out pure cheese rock.
    I think the first 3 Def Leppard should be on The BONEYARD and the rest on Hairnation. Different songs on each service.

I see Van Halen is the most played band on Boneyard, I'm sorry but I just don't think of them as the epitome of classic hard and heavy rock. Some of their stuff sounds dated and cheesy to me. Maybe from years and years of hearing them overplayed on FM radio.
    I disagree with you here. Van Halen is one of the biggest American bands in the Hard Rock history.

I see Metallica way up on the list also. Didn't they just have a complete Metallica take over of Liquid Metal? Why overplay Metalica on Boneyard? Just my opinion, everyone might not agree.
    Metallica is so huge that I can see them being played on the Boneyard and Liquid Metal. The more Melodic songs/Hard Rock tunes on the Boneyard and the all out heavy thrash stuff on Liquid Metal. Different songs on each service.

05-12-2009, 03:45 PM #6
    I'll meet you halfway with Def Leppard and give you 3 albums, I don't mind the first 2 albums but Pyromania gets on my nerves. Move the cheesy stuff to Hair nation.

I agree with your assessment of VH but, too many of the songs get played over and over. Where are the song from Fair Warning? An album that is probably VH's best hard rock effort. I personally don't think the "pop" VH songs on Boneyard deserve to be played more than any other classic hard or heavy rock bands material. Take a look at the VH song selection for a given day on DogStar and you tell me if they are classic hard and heavy rock.

As far as Metallica, I love old Metallica but Boneyard only plays 6 songs over and over. If I hear Stone Cold Crazy one more time I'm gonna puke.

Boneyard needs less repitition and more variety.

Here's a list of songs all played today that are either played too much or don't belong on Boneyard at all:

Don’t Tell Me You Love Me – Night Ranger
    Wango Tango - Ted Nugent
    Stone Cold Crazy – Metallica
    Children of the Sun – Billy Thorpe
    Ballroom Blitz – Sweet
    Run Runaway -Slade
    Parental Guidance – Judas Priest
    Turbo Lover – Judas Priest
    Rag Doll – Aerosmith
    Dulcimer Stomp/ Other Side - Aerosmith
    I - Kiss
    Charisma - Kiss
    Magic Power – Triumph
    The Stroke – Billy Squire
    Everybody Wants You – Billy Squire
    She’s Tight – Cheap Trick
    California Man – Cheap Trick
    I Want You To Want Me – Cheap Trick
    Boom Boom Out Go The Lights – Pat Travers
    I’ll Fall In Love Again – Sammy Haggar
    I Can’t Drive 55 – Sammy Haggar
    I am (I’m Me) – Twisted Sister
    Me and the Boys – Twisted Sister
    Statutory Date - Twisted Sister
    Time Stands Still – Rush
    Nobody’s Hero - Rush
    Dance The Night Away - Van Halen
    Dancing in the Streets – Van Halen
    Panama – Van Halen
    Def Leppard – Rock of Ages
    Last edited by wblongliverock; 05-12-2009 at 04:15 PM.

05-12-2009, 09:00 PM #7
    I'll meet you halfway with Def Leppard and give you 3 albums, I don't mind the first 2 albums but Pyromania gets on my nerves. Move the cheesy stuff to Hair nation.
    I could live with that and I totally understand it. My favorite Def Leppard album is "High n Dry".

I agree with your assessment of VH but, too many of the songs get played over and over. Where are the song from Fair Warning? An album that is probably VH's best hard rock effort. I personally don't think the "pop" VH songs on Boneyard deserve to be played more than any other classic hard or heavy rock bands material. Take a look at the VH song selection for a given day on DogStar and you tell me if they are classic hard and heavy rock.
    "Fair Warning" is my favorite VH album. The only VH song that I wouldn't considered being Classic Hard Rock is their cover of "Dancing in the streets."

As far as Metallica, I love old Metallica but Boneyard only plays 6 songs over and over. If I hear Stone Cold Crazy one more time I'm gonna puke. Boneyard needs less repitition and more variety.
    Agreed! More variety for every band. The old Lee Abrams XM motto was "We play don't just play the we play the careers of artists."

Here's a list of songs all played today that are either played too much or don't belong on Boneyard at all:

Don’t Tell Me You Love Me – Night Ranger
    Wango Tango - Ted Nugent
    Stone Cold Crazy – Metallica
    Children of the Sun – Billy Thorpe
    Ballroom Blitz – Sweet
    Run Runaway -Slade
    Parental Guidance – Judas Priest
    Turbo Lover – Judas Priest
    Rag Doll – Aerosmith
    Dulcimer Stomp/ Other Side - Aerosmith
    I - Kiss
    Charisma - Kiss
    Magic Power – Triumph
    The Stroke – Billy Squire
    Everybody Wants You – Billy Squire
    She’s Tight – Cheap Trick
    California Man – Cheap Trick
    I Want You To Want Me – Cheap Trick
    Boom Boom Out Go The Lights – Pat Travers
    I’ll Fall In Love Again – Sammy Hagar
    I Can’t Drive 55 – Sammy Hagar
    I am (I’m Me) – Twisted Sister
    Me and the Boys – Twisted Sister
    Statutory Date - Twisted Sister
    Time Stands Still – Rush
    Nobody’s Hero - Rush
    Dance The Night Away - Van Halen
    Dancing in the Streets – Van Halen
    Panama – Van Halen
    Def Leppard – Rock of Ages

The only songs I could see moving would be the Twisted Sister songs to Hairnation. I've made a case on other boards for broadening Hairnation to include Melodic Hard Rock and 70's Glam, which would include Billy Squier, Triumph, Night Ranger, Cheap Trick, Sweet, and Slade. The rest of the artists belong on the Boneyard and have always been on the channel with the exception of Billy Thorpe. That was a Sirius XM add on.