Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Guru
    05-11-2011, 09:03 PM #11
    SRK, you are a well welcome site here!!!

One can argue that it may not be greed, but "superbia" (pride). Howard wants to be credited for the merger. He wants validation of his value (aside from the 100's of millions, and a wife 15 years his age) which may indeed be "avaritia" (greed). But according to Wikipedia, suberbia is the most serious of the 7 deadly sins because it is the source of all others................

Read for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

Regardless, as a Howard fan for many years, this law suit bums me out. He has enough. He should relish in what he does have, and not what he doesn't. That's one fans opinion.

Mentor
    05-11-2011, 10:51 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by siriuslylong View Post
    srk, you are a well welcome site here!!!

One can argue that it may not be greed, but "superbia" (pride). Howard wants to be credited for the merger. He wants validation of his value (aside from the 100's of millions, and a wife 15 years his age) which may indeed be "avaritia" (greed). But according to wikipedia, suberbia is the most serious of the 7 deadly sins because it is the source of all others................

Read for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/seven_deadly_sins

regardless, as a howard fan for many years, this law suit bums me out. He has enough. He should relish in what he does have, and not what he doesn't. That's one fans opinion.
    "pride goeth before the fall"

Mentor
    05-11-2011, 11:21 PM #13

$968,000

Hey . . it just occurred to me . . . my old friend johnnyirishxm came within an ass-hair of cracking $1,000,000 today!

I betcha that rat-bastard was out on the golf course when we hit $2.42

Why here's Irish and his foursome now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCKjZMJ5Q4

Enthusiast
    05-12-2011, 03:29 PM #14
    SRK, my Dad actually cracked 1 million yesterday. He's the bastard the brought me into this hell back a year before the merger. He listened to his spidey sense when it told him to get all the way out at 2.40...before the merger...The same merger he was sure was going to double the stock price. He stayed out until they were clear of bankruptcy and bought in... 425K shares! at around .40c. His broker has been going absolutely nuts since the stock was at .80c. When it got to 1.20, the area manager actually called my Dad. His broker called again the other night (and had been drinking) asking him to take some off. LOL I think he's thinking about getting out, but at dinner the other night he was all cocky and all saying he thinks it'll hit 3.00 soon. I told him to put his money where his mouth is and hold until then. We'll see. I've come out pretty good on this investment, but I took a much more stressful path.

Mentor
    05-12-2011, 06:26 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    SRK, my Dad actually cracked 1 million yesterday. He's the bastard the brought me into this hell back a year before the merger. He listened to his spidey sense when it told him to get all the way out at 2.40...before the merger...The same merger he was sure was going to double the stock price. He stayed out until they were clear of bankruptcy and bought in... 425K shares! at around .40c. His broker has been going absolutely nuts since the stock was at .80c. When it got to 1.20, the area manager actually called my Dad. His broker called again the other night (and had been drinking) asking him to take some off. LOL I think he's thinking about getting out, but at dinner the other night he was all cocky and all saying he thinks it'll hit 3.00 soon. I told him to put his money where his mouth is and hold until then. We'll see. I've come out pretty good on this investment, but I took a much more stressful path.
    Great-great story!!

Now here's what I would do if I were your Dad. TONIGHT, and I do mean TONIGHT, I would go online and open an etrade account (or any online broker of his choice, except I don't trust ScottTrade because the CEO is oblivious) and place an online request (very-very easy to do) to transfer the money to his new etrade account (there are some pretty generous incentives for a lump-sum investment of that size).

The broker does not deserve your Dad's business; called him at $0.80 (Strike 1), called him at $1.20 (Strike 2) and called him at $2.35 (Strike 3). . . the scorecard looks like this:

"K K K"

The brokers have been dissing this stock since 2005!!! Dad's spidey-sense has served him well thus far but with soaring fcf & share buybacks coming in 2012, expiring price caps, declining capex, improving oem channel, satrad 2.0 and the potential for Liberty to add to their position, I wouldn't be taking anything off the table just yet!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-13-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Mentor
    05-13-2011, 11:12 AM #16

The Return of the Shakiest Analyst in the West

it has oft been said:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Matt Harrigan removes all doubt:

Wunderlich Securities Increases PT on Sirius XM Radio to $2, Maintains Hold (SIRI)

By Emily Austin
    Benzinga Staff Writer
    May 13, 2011 9:53 AM

Wunderlich Securities reiterated its Hold rating on Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI). Wunderlich decided to leave its rating unchanged, even though it increased its price target on Sirius from $1.65 to $2.

In a research report published today, Wunderlich states, "We are increasing our price target on Hold-rated Sirius XM (SIRI) to $2.00 from $1.65 while leaving intact ample five-year forecast assumptions. We had lowered our Sirius XM PT on 3.23.11 largely through a revision in assumed LT growth rate to 1% from 3%; we are now pushing the assumption back to this threshold and assuming a beta of only 1.15. We continue to emphasize long-term normalization of U.S. vehicle sales and conversion rates rather than Howard Stern litigation or auto sales aberrations off Japanese output and parts supply chain noise.
    The stock's 19% appreciation since a not-that-inspiring Q1 report has to be partially attributable to momentum investors and short-covering."

In today's trading, Sirius added 0.44% to its value and is currently trading at $2.29.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rati...#ixzz1MFFAR3Rf

Classic backpedal . . . anyone who tries to defend THIS is not worthy of your "clicks."

Matt Harrigan (pictured below), hard at work at the palatial offices of Wunderlich Securities.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    05-13-2011, 12:05 PM #17
    Brian Shactman of CNBC just did a positive piece on Sirius XM as that oaf Bill Griffith ("XM Sirius, Sirius XM . . . whatever it's called") looked on . . . here's the video link:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000021854

As we all know, the automotive sector is on the road to recovery. ford, gm, chrysler all showing growth tendencies here and there. a numb of the suppliers on the industry are going along for the ride as well. siri sirius/xm is one of them. cnbc's brian shactman is tuning in to sirius's growth strategy right now. good one, bill. when you look at it year over year, the stock is up about 115%. and in just the last month, it's up 24%. and don't let the share price fool you. this company generates a lot of cash and has a $9 billion market cap. a lot of these gains have to do with the bounceback in the -- sirius satellite radios are involved in 60% of the cars in u.s. if you look at the sales pace for autos, it's about 2 million more than last year. that's a lot more cars and a lot more satellite customers forking over 13 bucks every month. take april for example, all three major american automakers showed double-digit car gains. sirius added 118% jump on a year-over-year basis. could be better in the current quarter. i spoke with jim goss. he says there are other bullish signals beyond the auto recovery. he told me sirius has done most of its capex. cash flow should get better leading to stock buybacks and further support the stock. if you don't like this play but you like the auto recovery, check out peb boys, autozone, ol o'reil o'reilly. my favorite factoid this morning, i heard the sale of wrenches is up 7% year over year right now. the wrench indicator -- not as sexy as the skirt indicator. we'll take a break and then we'll discuss which other
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-13-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-13-2011, 01:42 PM #18
    This one phrase "forking over 13 bucks every month" or something like it, that every talking head, analyst, pandora blogger likes to use just kills me. I mean really? 13 bucks a month. 13 bucks How to put that into perspective...The coffee analogies don't seem to work.. how about 1 mai tai (with a tip) at a downtown Waikiki beach bar? It's freaking stupidly cheap. The way they use the phrase is like Sirius is getting over on these idiots "forking over 13 buckaronies" for some simple radio content you can get anywhere else, easily, and for free....or a lot cheaper.

My Dad picked up a brand new Ford F150, maxed out with the Ford Sync system. The Sirius integration is really nice. He was reading up on some of this "new fangled" technology and pointed out the little hole on the front of the radio that you could plug your phone into :-) He also read about this thing called Pandora but didn't understand how you could "stream" to the radio. I took about 5 minutes to get my phone hooked in to his system and showed him how to stream songs off my phone over bluetooth (The sync system is pretty easy to use) and he was like "ok...that's pretty neat, but I like my Sirius"... Old fart, doesn't he realize how much he is missing?

I also got his voice command working on the Sync. Pretty smooth. All he has to do is push a button on the steering wheel and speak a few words to make a phone call...His reaction time ain't what it used to be, so anything to keep him focused on the road is good technology.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-19-2011, 11:29 AM #19
    Wow very quiet in here. That makes me sad.... Julie, SRK where did you guys go???

05-19-2011, 07:28 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Wow very quiet in here. That makes me sad.... Julie, SRK where did you guys go???
    We're here Andy, posting in various threads. Check out SRK's STOP TRADING thread. I'm sure you will find his daily birthday greetings 'inspiring' so to speak.
    You'll find me having fun in the HORNY thread. Also posting in music threads where I have become proficient (well, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration) at inserting links.

Please join in, Canadian! Not polite to just read and leave, eh.

Julie

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...