Page 24 of 37 ... 14222324252634 ...
    Mentor
    08-13-2009, 09:51 PM #231
    Good show Tyler,saw we had a visitor from another site advertising their show.

08-13-2009, 10:18 PM #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S50Fan View Post
    No, I meant the gaps 'below' where SIRI is trading at the present. The gaps above don't mean anything until the gaps below have been filled. That's the way it's always been with SIRI. Sure, it might go up and fill your .545 gap but then it'll most likely come down and fill the gap at .45-.46 too.

S50,

Looks like there is another penny gap forming today. Do you still think the trend of all lower gaps will remain or is it time for SIRI to break the rule and forget the one further in the past? I know, loaded question.

The .46 gap can be filled with approx a 12% retracement from .53 We all know that type of swing is not unusual for SXM.

History tends to repeat, just with different consequences.
    Yep, that's why I'll never say that this stock won't fill it's gaps ever again, because I've seen it do too much wild gap filling the last few years. It might even go to .75 for all we know and then poof, trickle down over a few weeks for some unknown reason and fill the .45-.46er before the next big move up, hard to say. I mean hell, we saw it hit .63 and then retrace back to the .30's not that long ago.

I still remember the days of people laughing like hell on forums when SIRI was in the $6's and $7's and someone would say that it was eventually going to go back under $2.50 a share or more. Ya, the ones that thought it couldn't go that low anymore laughed all the way to $2.50 and then probably cried all the way to .052 and almost a BK didn't they lol, amazing.

Mentor
    08-13-2009, 10:33 PM #233
    No one mentioned the best news of the day. They got 9.75% on those bonds. Thats 5.25% savings a year on 250 million. Rated caa2. Now we know why they are doing it. Moodys upgrade gives them a better rate. 37.5 million in interest a year. John you can go stick your math on assumptions. Should have waited to hear the rate before you opened your big mouth. LOL
    Kidding of course. Just had to get an insult in there. Minus fees, they will save around 11 million a year on this deal. Thats right to there bottom line baby. 8 million in fees on this loan. received 249 million of 257 million. They will save money on this loan as well.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 08-13-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Addict
    08-14-2009, 12:49 AM #234
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Right. Your 100000 fake shares. If you bought at .40 and sold at .55, thats 15000 dollars. So you dont like money then. Looks like your bearish attitude has cost you thousands. No wonder your bitter.
    I consider $15,000 dollars pocket change. Yeah, I probably lost that much so far this year, but not with SIRI and I have made profits probably 100 times that amount so far....

Bitter ? Why ? I am not the one who bought thousands of shares at $9.00 just to see them plunge to 5 cents. I am not the one attached to this loser and I am definetely not the one waiting for this issue to go back above $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, etc... How long have you been waiting ?

So, why do I post here ? You can find the answer within this post.

Addict
    08-14-2009, 12:55 AM #235
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Dear SXMinvest,

Please refer to the post above #228 for the explanation of my trading
    adventure.

Thanks for your good thoughts,

Julie
    Oh I thought you got back in this a.m. early. One thing I learned - even if you don't cut off as much as you would like after selling, any buy back in for less is a success, so if you can get it as .54, you made up 3 cents. Not what you wanted, but still positive and better than if you just stayed without your original sell.

08-14-2009, 01:01 AM #236
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Oh I thought you got back in this a.m. early. One thing I learned - even if you don't cut off as much as you would like after selling, any buy back in for less is a success, so if you can get it as .54, you made up 3 cents. Not what you wanted, but still positive and better than if you just stayed without your original sell.

Thanks, I think I'm learning a lesson here. I put in a buy for
    .54 and will be really, really happy with my extra 200 or so shares!

I am learning to lower my expectations. A fortune is not made
    in one trade, lol

Julie

Addict
    08-14-2009, 01:09 AM #237
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    he's gone , how convenient
    I had post on the market trading thread... but I am not a penny stock trader.

I trade biotech, oil and gas, indexes and ETF's. Sometimes I trade international like CX, TV, ACAD, etc... SIRI was the exception. I had posted this story so many times here but here it is again:

"I read an article on the WSJ about SIRI acquiring XM, got long XM... blah, blah, blah... "

Do you know the "buy the seller, sell the buyer" strategy ?

That is how I came across SIRI, when back then it was not a penny stock (it was close but still very tradeable).

So, I bought XM shares and shorted SIRI shares. Made the $15,000.00 USD Relmor mentions above (well, more but I am not going to use real amounts here, I am just using that number to be sarcastic and for the example) in one transaction in 2 days and got out BUT I also hedged with options... I sold SIRI puts to simulate being long as a hedge. Fortunately when I hedge, I only hedge 50%... so made $15K, hedged $7.5K... got assigned and that is the how I have the 3200 (I have obviously way more shares than that) worthless shares... Happy ? I realized my gains though... The losses are still unrealized.... I will use them this year for tax purposes...

See, I operate my hedge fund. I always hedge...
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 08-14-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Addict
    08-14-2009, 01:17 AM #238
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    He bothers because he's obviously a compulsive bullsh!ter. I also find it quite pathetic that someone who owns no shares of a stock spends time on a thread dedicated to discussing that stock. Maybe we should feel sorry for him since his life apparently is quite empty.
    You got it, my life is empty !!! I am... empty and a pathetic bullshtr ... snif ... snif.

BTW: I don't bother, it comes out naturally and without effort...

Addict
    08-14-2009, 01:19 AM #239
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    If you actually were trading 100k lots, you would make 1k on every penny. Sounds like you have about 10k, which makes it hard to make $ on swings of a few pennies minus brokerage charges. Not worth the stress to try and trade unless you have a bigger chunk of shares. My opinion.
    So now what ? Everyone is a mathematician or what ? I was being sarcastic for crying out loud !!! Who cares how many shares I traded or own... that was NOT the point.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 08-14-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Addict
    08-14-2009, 01:29 AM #240
    Anyway, once I reach one thousand posts I will say...

Arrivederci colleghi, sono da qui. Potete volere evit diare rispondere a c'e ne dei miei alberini nel frattempo. Voglio appena ottenere a mille alberini, quello sono esso!!!

Page 24 of 37 ... 14222324252634 ...