Page 12 of 15 ... 21011121314 ...
    01-05-2009, 09:29 AM #111
    So Im lisening to Alt Nation this morning and they play a Lily Allen song, on the display says Check Boombox Channel 39 for remixes! Im like WTF? So I check, still popk2, their messing with my head now, NOT FUNNY!

01-05-2009, 12:08 PM #112
    They are such morons, I can't stand it. They have an opportunity to blow peoples minds with a monopoly on such cutting edge technology but you turn on sat and all you hear are commercials and crap top 40.

I liked the damn Zep station but the last few days its been other stuff, not Zeppelin? I can't keep up with this stupidity. We need a dedicated "internet device" that can browse shoutcast radio streams. That would rock. There are a ton of good stations on there, something for everyone.

There was actually an awesome set on Area by DJ 007 the other day. Was a nice mix of mash-ups and breaks. Solid. Of course it was followed up by the most trancey set by Ferry Corsten I've ever heard... grrrr.
    Last edited by 611Reprazent; 01-05-2009 at 12:13 PM.

01-05-2009, 12:54 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by 611Reprazent View Post
    They are such morons, I can't stand it. They have an opportunity to blow peoples minds with a monopoly on such cutting edge technology but you turn on sat and all you hear are commercials and crap top 40.

I liked the damn Zep station but the last few days its been other stuff, not Zeppelin? I can't keep up with this stupidity. We need a dedicated "internet device" that can browse shoutcast radio streams. That would rock. There are a ton of good stations on there, something for everyone.

There was actually an awesome set on Area by DJ 007 the other day. Was a nice mix of mash-ups and breaks. Solid. Of course it was followed up by the most trancey set by Ferry Corsten I've ever heard... grrrr.
    I heard the same mix by 007, it was right after a DJ ICEY set. I thought Area had become Boombox for a a moment, but sadly no. I digress back to my statement that the idjits in charge of this thing wouldn't know good electronic music if it bit them. I am sure they think BPM/Area are just great and are wondering why we are complaining.

Ok so I don't know the policy on links, BUT this is the 007 mix in mp3 for his cd release I got from several other dubstep/glitchstep sites. Maybe it will hook a few of you up while we wait for the return of the Boom.

hxxp://vvv.mediafire.com/?dtenfjtiljg

Just replace the xxx and vvv's with the t's and w's and it will work. (sorry no live link but most forums frown on that so I'm playing it safe.)

Along those lines there are several great podcasts out there as well (marine parade, technofm, dj culture mixshow, drum n bass arena). I've subscribed to them all and its a great FREE way to wet your breakbeat whistle. Hey, if they don't want to capitalize on an emerging market then they can just miss the boat I guess. I can cancel when my sub is up (or maybe BEFORE soon since podcasts are working for me). Saves me the money.
    Last edited by ibivibiv; 01-05-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: adding link

01-06-2009, 12:55 AM #114

from xmfan site

So there's a thread going over at an xm site with a guy who got this reply from SiriusXM:

Looks like I got an honest non scripted answer from Jon:

Thanks, Neil.

Boombox did have fans. Unfortunately, it had a very small (but loyal) audience and because we have limited space on the network, we had to make some difficult choices and lose a few channels as a result of the merged company. Appreciate the feedback. Happy Holidays.

Jon
    oh well maybe at some point it will return.

Okay, so I would LOVE to know where they come up with the numbers to back that last statement????? The SiriusXM satellite system is a simplex communication network meaning it is one way only. How in the world do they expect to pretend to know who is listening to what and when. The closest thing they could have is online listening stats which would be a very incomplete data set at best. So, maybe our buddy Jon (VP of programming I believe) could kindly put some numbers behind his statement some day, or better yet just come clean and say it truthfully which would be:
    "We don't THINK anyone is listening to Boombox because of some random email poll we took 4 months ago so its gone, also we don't understand the electronic genre much at all so we think that Britney and Beyonce remixes on BPM are much better and we kept Area on for you drum machine no lyrics people".

01-06-2009, 02:57 AM #115
    Yeah, and BPM SUCKS. BPM is remixed pop songs (who hasn't heard the kanye west remix a billion times and now they're playing hillary duff reach out touch faith remix omg) and one or two decent tracks. I hear literally the same four songs all day on that and i've never really been into area 33/38 whatever it's called now. I figured they'd get the playlists worked out but it's been what like 2months now since they ruined things and they still haven't fixed anything!

They've given me free till I think the end of feb but I've found myself using slacker.com (electronic/new sounds channel) more and for the price, seems like sirius is just a waste....about the only time now that I can justify using satelite is for long car drives but with a price point different of like 2.99/month to 12.99 or whatever it is...it's not a hard choice. Hell, slacker.com is free if you just stream (i think you have to register after a certain point though but that's free). I think along with 2.99/month you get podcasting too (i think they also support a variety of players).

SiriusXM is making some serious blunders and to me don't seem to be a viable choice for quality content. Howard is about the only thing I'll miss at this point. They want to be the walmart of music, that's fine but they wont get my business.

01-06-2009, 10:38 AM #116
    I hate the fact that I bought the lifetime membership... the lady asked me why I am choosing Sirius toward the end of the sale and my reply was "Boombox and Stern." One down and in two years they could quite possibly both be gone.

01-06-2009, 09:48 PM #117
    is it back yet?

:P

01-07-2009, 09:48 AM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by luvium View Post
    Slacker.com!!!!
    The only problem I have with Slacker.com is they do not have a dedicated BreakBeat channel like http://www.di.fm has, but I do have their page bookmarked.

01-07-2009, 09:51 AM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
    So there's a thread going over at an xm site with a guy who got this reply from SiriusXM:

Looks like I got an honest non scripted answer from Jon:

Thanks, Neil.

Boombox did have fans. Unfortunately, it had a very small (but loyal) audience and because we have limited space on the network, we had to make some difficult choices and lose a few channels as a result of the merged company. Appreciate the feedback. Happy Holidays.

Jon
    oh well maybe at some point it will return.

Okay, so I would LOVE to know where they come up with the numbers to back that last statement????? The SiriusXM satellite system is a simplex communication network meaning it is one way only. How in the world do they expect to pretend to know who is listening to what and when. The closest thing they could have is online listening stats which would be a very incomplete data set at best. So, maybe our buddy Jon (VP of programming I believe) could kindly put some numbers behind his statement some day, or better yet just come clean and say it truthfully which would be:
    "We don't THINK anyone is listening to Boombox because of some random email poll we took 4 months ago so its gone, also we don't understand the electronic genre much at all so we think that Britney and Beyonce remixes on BPM are much better and we kept Area on for you drum machine no lyrics people".

Yeah, that first email where he said BoomBox had very "small but loyal" following and listener base, was sent to me also.

If people could hear the magic that is breakbeat, they would love it, and the station would blow up.

LOL that's funny!

I have no idea where they get stats from, it would make sense that they could somehow monitor how many people listen to a station over time, or during peak hours, to help identify which ones to phase out, and which to keep. However, I can't say I believe his statement whole heartedly, and I will continue to call, email, and complain that the station is gone, or ultimately cancel if it does not return soon like "Strobe" and "Backspin" have. Sorry, but disco more popular than BoomBox? c'mon..
    Last edited by DJ-atomics; 01-07-2009 at 09:56 AM.

01-07-2009, 09:57 AM #120
    Posting this from the other page for people to see:

I do not want to cancel, I want BOOMBOX back!

If it doesn't return, and they don't expand their electronic stations, I will probably cancel.
    It was probably THE most amazing Electronic music station I have ever heard in my life.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boombox_(Sirius) :

-----snip-----

Boombox was a Breakbeat and rock remix radio station on Sirius Satellite Radio channel 39 and DISH Network channel 6034.

Started by DJ Liquid Todd, Boombox had a format consisting of breakbeat music genres including old school breaks, nu skool breaks, drum and bass, rock remixes, bootlegs and mashups (sometimes referred to as Bastard Pop). DJs on the channel included Liquid Todd and DJ Icey. Guest DJs appeared on the channel each Friday night at 10pm EST for the "Boombox Mix Session" feature.

As of November 12th, 2008, Sirius repurposed this channel for "Pop2K," which plays mainstream/top-40 pop from the 2000's. No electro-rock [or breakbeat] alternative has been provided.

-----snip-----

It was replaced with another pop station. No love for Electronic music lovers? The only way to get this station back ( or others that people love ) is to email SiriusXM, call SiriusXM, send SiriusXM letters, communicate with the SiriusXM company and tell them what you want or what they did that you don't like. That is the ONLY way things are going to change. Their Electronic music selection is seriously lacking, there are really only 2 stations worthwhile listening to (not including Chill). Bring BoomBox back!

Want BOOMBOX back (or another station)? CALL THEM, EMAIL THEM, TELL THEM, COMPLAIN!
    Complain to SiriusXM as to what you want changed.
    Posting here isn't going to do anything in terms of making changes, its just being used to vent, SiriusXM doesn't read these forums. Contact SiriusXM to request the changes you want! Use your voice as a subscriber and complain, request BOOMBOX back, or quit the service if you want to send the strongest message and if you are no longer satisfied, like me (and others).

Here's the info I have so far:

Liquid Todd's blog:
    (about Boombox, Electronica, Breakbeat, Drum and Bass, going by the wayside due to the ignorance of Sirius/xm)
    http://www.liquidtodd.com/Liquid_Tod...illy_Name.html

PLEASE sign and mail or fax the letter at the bottom of the following WikiPedia page so we can get this important radio station back:

BOOMBOX on Wikipedia:
    (At the bottom of the paragraph there is a link to a letter for Mel, titled "Dear Mel")
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=251387622

Get the letter for Mel Karmazin (CEO/Director) HERE:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...20179&gk=hotel

Call Customer Care HERE:
    888-635-5142

Email customer care HERE:
    customercare@sirius.com
    music@sirius-radio.com

Emails for the top brass, HERE:
    - President, Operations and Sales, James E. Meyes - jmeyer@siriusradio.com
    - President, Entertainment and Sports, Scott Greenstein - sgreenstein@siriusradio.com
    - CEO/Director, Mel Karmazin directly - mkarmazin@siriusradio.com
    - Senior VP of Music Programming, Jon Zellner: - Jon.Zellner@xmradio.com

Jon Zellner
    Senior Vice President
    Music Programming
    Sirius XM Radio
    1500 Eckington Place NE
    Washington, DC 20002

Online Petition for BOOMBOX HERE:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...gn.cgi?boombox

Found this music survey site for Sirius HERE:
    http://www.siriusmusicsurvey.com

Stock price HERE:
    http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3ASIRI

I hope they bring it back, they brought back an R&B station (Backspin) and a DISCO station (Strobe) due to "POPULAR DEMAND". Maybe they'll bring back our favorite Electronic station if enough people complain!?

Proof that "Popular Demand" WORKS:

-----snip-----

Come on Guys keep it up, looks like they are adding two channels that they cut (Strobe, Backspin) on Janurary 15th.
    Lets keep filling thier mailbox and phone lines until thye give us breakbeat..I just sent other letter, I hope you will too!
    Come on!!! Check out the article:

http://marketnews.ca/news_detail.asp?nid=4361

-----snip-----

Strobe and Backspin back by popular demand:

http://investor.sirius.com/releasede...leaseID=354651

Can we do the same for Boombox?

Page 12 of 15 ... 21011121314 ...