Page 1 of 2 12
    03-28-2013, 10:55 PM #1

Lifetime Question regarding Internet/Android

I got my lifetime in December of 2008 and I have Internet with it. However, I have to pay $3.50 a month for smartphone. I'm curious if anyone who purchased in 2008 has been able to get smartphone access included in the lifetime plan

Head Honcho
    03-29-2013, 03:15 AM #2
    Not that I've heard of but, I am sure someone will come forward if they have.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-29-2013, 04:17 AM #3
    I also have lifetime subscription. Until February it included online streaming. I emailed and they said all lifetime customers would have streaming reactivated so now it's working again. If you ever had it working and included they may grandfather you in. Certainly worth a try.

03-29-2013, 02:42 PM #4

Please sign this petition for SiriusXM to allow low speed data on it's mobile apps

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...ternet-on-its/

Quote Originally Posted by Warren914 View Post
    I also have lifetime subscription. Until February it included online streaming. I emailed and they said all lifetime customers would have streaming reactivated so now it's working again. If you ever had it working and included they may grandfather you in. Certainly worth a try.

04-18-2013, 09:20 AM #5
    Lifetime Plans with free internet have never worked on OUR mobile apps.

Several companies used to make mobile apps that you could use your LTP SIR with, but our app has never allowed lifetime plan free internet access.

If you believe it was, you must have been an anomaly.

As for a petition... Please. The free internet was based on the service that we had available at that time. Our app had not been developed until 2011. If you buy a 2005 F-150, and the 2008 F-150 comes out with one touch up/down windows, should they have to put that software upgrade into your 2005 model?

Head Honcho
    04-20-2013, 04:24 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jenny View Post
    If you buy a 2005 F-150, and the 2008 F-150 comes out with one touch up/down windows, should they have to put that software upgrade into your 2005 model?
    I dont really care to argue but, that is a bad analogy.

SiriusXM customers pay to listen to content, how they listen should not matter. No one is saying the Sportster 4 should be able to do what the new Sportster 5 can do, they just want to listen to the content they paid for.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-22-2013, 04:01 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I dont really care to argue but, that is a bad analogy.

SiriusXM customers pay to listen to content, how they listen should not matter. No one is saying the Sportster 4 should be able to do what the new Sportster 5 can do, they just want to listen to the content they paid for.
    Charles, I'm sorry, but that is a perfect analogy. The infrastructure that was in place to service the free internet was miniscule compared to what the product has evolved into today and going forward as it continues to develop and mature.

You say you are paying for content - when the decision to add free internet to LTP's was made it was based upon how much exposure to usage the company would likely experience (in turn how much we would need to serve up) based on our service at that time. If we develop a new feature that would allow the usage to be exponentially increased at a later date we can't possibly just give that new layer or level of access away under a fee structure which we sold under a previous level of service commitment.

I'm sorry you don't recognize the analogy as it is. By asking for a service that you purchased to work only from a computer to now also work on your mobile devices you are asking for the SP4 to have the features of the SP5.

Head Honcho
    04-22-2013, 07:46 PM #8
    Charles, I'm sorry, but that is a perfect analogy.
    I'm sorry you feel that way -- our definition of "perfect" seems to differ. Your analogy about a new 2008 vehicle having new features a 2005 model does not is much more likened to someone saying a Sportster 4 should be able to do what the new Sportster 5 can do.

The infrastructure that was in place to service the free internet was miniscule compared to what the product has evolved into today and going forward as it continues to develop and mature.
    So what? Should the people who paid for lifetime subscriptions not expected their service to grow and evolve? There is more content now than there was when people purchased lifetime subs ages ago and SiriusXM did not charge more for those.

You say you are paying for content - when the decision to add free internet to LTP's was made it was based upon how much exposure to usage the company would likely experience (in turn how much we would need to serve up) based on our service at that time. If we develop a new feature that would allow the usage to be exponentially increased at a later date we can't possibly just give that new layer or level of access away under a fee structure which we sold under a previous level of service commitment.
    The whole idea about a lifetime subscription is to give early adopters a deals/perks while scrounging up as much money as possible early on in the growth period. Now it sounds as thought SiriusXM doesn't want to want to honor the spirit of the lifetime sub, even though they got their much needed cash injection from those early adopters. Its unfortunate.

I'm sorry you don't recognize the analogy as it is.
    I understand it, the problem is, it's not a great analogy.

By asking for a service that you purchased to work only from a computer to now also work on your mobile devices you are asking for the SP4 to have the features of the SP5.
    Again, no. In one example you're talking about a service being used in two places, in your other example you're talking about a hardware upgrade -- two very different things.

You understand why subscribers don't care about the reason, right? Personally, I understand that SiriusXM now offers something that costs the company and they don't want to eat that cost but, at the same time, you should understand the spirit of a lifetime subscription and why subscribers expect it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-27-2013, 10:24 PM #9
    It costs money to produce the app, therefore it's a paid service, it's that simple.

Head Honcho
    04-29-2013, 03:46 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    It costs money to produce the app, therefore it's a paid service, it's that simple.
    It costs 10000x more to send new satellites into space to broadcast to radios yet they don't charge lifetime subscribers for that. The cost of the app is minimal in comparison to the rest of their infrastructure.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12