Page 1 of 2 12
    Banned
    05-22-2012, 10:29 PM #1

Billing questions, Technical Issues, or Lifetime Plan Sirius OR XM questions....ask

Hey,

So I will start off by saying I work for SiriusXM in STS retention for 4 years if it hasn't been obvious enough in my responses. I have read over a few threads here and some other sites and it seems to be people are commonly angry with the fact that they need to wait an excessive amount of time to cancel, or they hate having to deal with the fees of having to do anything and everything.

I will not disclose secrets which may get me fired but I will admit a few unknowns.

1. The activation and swap fees CAN always be avoided. All it takes on our end is a simple check mark to waive the fee. The only thing is you need to explain to the rep why it should not be charged (commonly stated for broken or stolen radios) and it isn't charged. It does nto take much for us to waive this.

2. Yes it takes a while to get to the cancellation team and we get paid heavy bonuses if we keep you from not cancelling for obvious reasons. As such, we offer anything and everything we can, and some reps actually disconnect the line just so they do not have to cancel the account and have that cancellation go against them (i.e. the disconnects). The true ones do cancel knowing we save quite a few customers from cancelling and it all works out in the end.

3. Yes its true SiriusXM is testing out new towers and new frequencies for further development and the rumor is over the next 5-7 years to migrate everyone over to the XM airwaves as well as the content. Its a rumor on the floor so don't ask me to confirm it is happening for sure.

Anyone else with billing questions, or questions related to the Sirius or XM lifetime plans, of Lifetime plan offers, or cancellation questions, feel free to ask and I will response as soon as I can. Also, any technical questions are fine.

--Danny
    'Providing a helping SiriusXM 'Serious' hand'

05-27-2012, 12:22 PM #2
    I have a lifetime subscription on a Starmate R unit. Recently, as I was listening to the radio it started to update channels (nothing unusual) and then when it reached 100% it simply came up invalid channel and now shows updating channels at 0% and never changes. None of the buttons on the unit or remote work. I figured that the unit has died and purchased an identical unit on eBay.

My unit arrived the other day and I simply unplugged my old one and plugged this one in. Surprisingly, it was already working, however it doesn't receive Howard Stern or the uncensored comedy or Octane. I figured this was because the previous owner had subscribed to a family friendly package. When I contacted her and asked, she said she thought that she used to get Stern, etc. I'm willing to chalk this up to her not being 100% sure about the subscription, since she said that it was a gift for her husband. However, this unit also does not receive the traffic channels. I thought that they came as part of every package; am I correct?

Finally, I would like to avoid the lifetime subscription switch fee of $75 if possible. I've been a customer for six years and would still be using the old system if it hadn't gone belly up on me with no warning. Suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help. I look forward to your response.

06-01-2012, 11:12 PM #3
    I have a Sirius lifetime sub since 2008, the only problem is I want a new radio for my car and all the new models only work with SXV100/200 (XM Tuners). I think its absolutely crazy that Sirius is not allowing us to transfer our lifetime sub to SiriusXM, the very people that paid up during their darkest days and funded this merger that ultimately screwed the loyal customers. Is there any advice/assistance that you can give me to make this transfer? I would be very appreciative of any help that you can provide.

06-03-2012, 05:52 PM #4
    The traffic channels are apart of some plans if designated so in the subscription attached to the ESN.

Yes, you can avoid the $75 by calling and saying your previous one broke and you need to change it for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlespeak View Post
    I have a lifetime subscription on a Starmate R unit. Recently, as I was listening to the radio it started to update channels (nothing unusual) and then when it reached 100% it simply came up invalid channel and now shows updating channels at 0% and never changes. None of the buttons on the unit or remote work. I figured that the unit has died and purchased an identical unit on eBay.

My unit arrived the other day and I simply unplugged my old one and plugged this one in. Surprisingly, it was already working, however it doesn't receive Howard Stern or the uncensored comedy or Octane. I figured this was because the previous owner had subscribed to a family friendly package. When I contacted her and asked, she said she thought that she used to get Stern, etc. I'm willing to chalk this up to her not being 100% sure about the subscription, since she said that it was a gift for her husband. However, this unit also does not receive the traffic channels. I thought that they came as part of every package; am I correct?

Finally, I would like to avoid the lifetime subscription switch fee of $75 if possible. I've been a customer for six years and would still be using the old system if it hadn't gone belly up on me with no warning. Suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help. I look forward to your response.

06-03-2012, 05:53 PM #5
    Best thing I would suggest is getting a new lifetime subscription and get it setup so that you can change between carriers. It would save you the hastle going forward

Quote Originally Posted by jtmeyer89 View Post
    I have a Sirius lifetime sub since 2008, the only problem is I want a new radio for my car and all the new models only work with SXV100/200 (XM Tuners). I think its absolutely crazy that Sirius is not allowing us to transfer our lifetime sub to SiriusXM, the very people that paid up during their darkest days and funded this merger that ultimately screwed the loyal customers. Is there any advice/assistance that you can give me to make this transfer? I would be very appreciative of any help that you can provide.

08-02-2012, 06:30 PM #6
    I have been an XM subscriber for 7 years or so, lifetime on one unit, annual on two units. I've been using the internet included with my lifetime subscription on my iphone for a while until about 6 weeks ago, when the app upgraded and I got locked out of the app. A few sessions with agents included deleting and reinstalling the app, resetting my user ID, and escalating the issue - although I had to recontact customer support to find out the status of the ticket. Each agent said "I see you should have access - I do not know what is wrong." Finally today I received an email response saying that my lifetime internet does not include the iphone app - I would need to upgrade. I'm quite unhappy as I was not informed of any policy change nor do I see anything on the website that details a difference between internet subscription for the computer vs. iphone.

Please let us users know if Sirius XM has instituted a policy change.

Head Honcho
    08-03-2012, 04:47 PM #7
    That's strange, as far as I know a lifetime membership never entitled you to use the iPhone app. When you purchased the lifetime subscription, the iPhone app did not exist, therefore it was never included.

What was included was access to the internet feed via web browser. If you were able to access the iPhone app previously, it sounds like a glitch.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-07-2012, 08:35 PM #8
    I have a lifetime subscription and I bought a TTR1 thinking I could use it with my internet subscription, wrong. I now find I could use it with a 9.95 internet subscription off of my lifetime, or if I drop my free internet feed, I could have a 3.50 subscription. I then asked, if I then discontinued the 3.50 subscription, could I get my free internet subscription back, probably not.
    What is not fair is that I thought I could use the TTR1 when I bought it. No, it was not around when the free internet feed was offered, but I bought it from Sirius, and there was no mention of its limitations.

11-01-2012, 07:27 PM #9
    I purchased a lifetime subscription for the Sirius radio in my new Ford Fusion which I got last January. The subscription cost around $800 or just shy of that. Recently, I noticed on-line that it now had a subscription end date of 2015 and the account number had been changed. I called the customer service number and was advised that a mistake had been made on their end and it would be corrected back to lifetime (it had been modified to "Premium" or something like that - and I have no idea why the account number would have been changed, although it did have a trial period to start so maybe that was the reason for the changed account number). BUT, reading all the sour comments regarding inadequate service, I want to ensure that my account, in fact, gets changed back to reflect "lifetime". I know I'll own the car for a decade or more, so a good deal for me. Who can I speak to, other than someone in the Phillipines to ensure my account is fixed. I have printed out the former information showing the "lifetime" status. Thanks for any assistance. Barry

Head Honcho
    11-01-2012, 09:17 PM #10
    Their Facebook support is typically very helpful. Head over to the SiriusXM page and post your question on their wall. They typically get back to you in just a few hours during normal business hours. And yes, they are US based.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12