Page 25 of 26 ... 1523242526
    Mentor
    09-13-2009, 01:11 AM #241
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey Bass...you're my new hero man! I've been studying your posts for some time, but hit the jackpot today when you posted about your goal is a Bentley...MY FAVORITE CAR! Have you checked out the new 2011 Bentley Mulsanne?? It replaces the Arnage series and just might make you change your mind about that convertible.

Check it out.http://www.mulsanne.bentleymotors.com/

My goal is for BCLE to pay my mortgage off and BEHL to pay for my Bentley Mulsanne when it comes to America is the spring of 2011!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

ty sir. the bentley is my fave also. you have some great taste!! yeah i seen it, but i dont know if i can wait till next year to get it!!!!!

Enthusiast
    09-13-2009, 07:46 AM #242
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    spng is going to pay off 2 credit cards a college tuition and then im going to retire in hawaii, if im lucky im just going to leave my house, cars and clothes behind and just start from scratch when i get to hawaii....

is there a lamborghini dealership on the island?
    aha Romo...I know that feeling man. I'm joking all the time about winning the lottery. I've told my friends and family to keep what they want and sell off the rest cuz....I'm outta here! lol

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-13-2009, 10:07 AM #243
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    spng is going to pay off 2 credit cards a college tuition and then im going to retire in hawaii, if im lucky im just going to leave my house, cars and clothes behind and just start from scratch when i get to hawaii....

is there a lamborghini dealership on the island?
    Romo, have you been sniffing those bubbles again???

Mentor
    09-13-2009, 10:13 AM #244
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    sorry to be stirring up trouble, but its important to express feelings.

ive posted before this is my big play, im sticking with it . just have to let others aware of my observations.

ive been bothered by the death cross since i noticed it last night. i also looked at the weekly charts and IMO it is extremely bullish. the 20 sma and the 50 sma are rising. the 20 has just met the 200 and the 50 is on its way there. this is a golden cross the polar opposite of a death cross. and a bullish pennant has formed as well. since its big rise from the trip zero's in march this stock has held most of its gains. it means people believe in this and the company is for real. its tough to see which pattern wins out. the company will decide this fate.

just observations. but the reality is this : if we dont get the acquisitions done , there will be a huge sell off and loss of value for this stock. if we do get the acquisitions done it will be a huge payday for me and others here. that is a fact. i dont believe the acquisitions are baked in to the price because once that particular deal is announced the stock at its current price is wayyyyy undervalued. we're looking at a .25- .50 rise in the very least just on value, nevermind what momo can add on top of that.

dave thanx for your opinion. i realize you dont depend on certain indicators in penny stocks. i respect your view. i am still learning T/A
    and this is all part of my education and hoping to open other investors eyes to different translations.

i dont want people to think im flip flopping. im just post observations on both sides of the spectrum. this is only one point of view.i am long and still playing this one for a free bentley continental gt convertible.
    Hi Bass, you didn't stir up any trouble whatsoever! I was a bit remiss in my long ramble yesterday ... sometimes this medium doesn't convey things as well as what is in your head ... Hope I didn't come across as condescending, good grief I am pretty jumior to all this ...

just observations. but the reality is this : if we dont get the acquisitions done , there will be a huge sell off and loss of value for this stock. if we do get the acquisitions done it will be a huge payday for me and others here. that is a fact.
    Absolutely.

I know you are not flip flopping Bass and shoot, even if you were we would want to hear that as well as the reasons behind it. I think what separates us from the herd (No pun there Greg) is that we take the 'wishful' bit out of it and just try and deal with reality - Hope, to my mind is different, of course we hope ... to pay off the house and buy a Bentley or retire to the Bahama's ... I remain highly paranoid, skeptical, suspicious with these pennies, to me they are guilty until proven innocent just by their nature and for the difficulty in getting the facts that guide our decisions.

Look at miggle ... Who knows still, but they certainly haven't endeared many with their tactics, even if it is just sloppiness ... Anyways, blah, blah, blah, I am preaching to the choir here ...

Mentor
    09-13-2009, 11:06 AM #245
    Disclaimer and such - I"ve been reading one of Schwager's books, it's interviews from master traders... each one has their own style.. a common recurring theme is money management, but not always, a second and the most predominant theme is they learned their own style well, and didn't listen to others when it came to when/where to buy and sell, they learned it on their own, made their own trading plans, and stuck with them with absolute discipline until they tested enough to figure out a winnable method. In later down years, they reevaluated, and refined, or came up with new methods. I mention this, because if you are a speculative trader, you shouldn't get spooked by TA guys, and vice versa. Learn your style - are you an investor or a trader, short term or long term, .etc? Learn one first.
    Great stuff Dr. Dave - I want that book ... still in search of something specific towards the pennies, more in depth, actually even something along these same kind of lines would be ideal.

But thanks for the lesson and again. I still need to get my arms around a lot of the TA and felt like I had dismissed it earlier in the way I was conveying my thoughts. This really summarizes it well ... I think part of my observation leaked in from following so much of the chatter and TA on SIRI ... sometimes it just seemed to be an exercise in futility when the result was a return to where the price had been at the open or some ridiculous, incremental movement ... "It's going to break out" and then it just fizzles or flat-lines or more often retraces ... So maybe I became a bit jaded and it carries over, of course not really understanding it in the first place puts me in arm chair QB mode anyway.

This thread is excellent, in that we have traders/investors of all types, so you can learn a bunch, and its not about who should be trading how, and arguing about which way to do it, and rubbing it in each other's face when one of us gets it wrong. That's what I like about it anyway.
    Exactly, that's the 'cool heads' approach I meant earlier ... But, yes, that is precisely what made me come out of the lurker shadows ... it felt like stealing to sit back and rob all the various thought's, it's invaluable ...

Oh yes, yes for the pennies, PR's make the price move, but you get extra oomph from TA players that don't even follow the stock too... ie. there are guys who just look for unusual price/volume action on a universe of stocks, so they'll come in, maybe see what the PR was about, and play for one run. So there is energy from folks that don't read the PR's. I personally do not follow SIRI news, the siribuzz thread, etc. I do have a friend that fills me in on the news, but I really don't use if for trading decisions. But when I buy, it makes the price go up, and when I sell, it makes the price go down. I just look at the charts, and listen to the SIRI radio in my truck, and look around to see if people are subscribing to it. Ahh - the one thing I do do, is look for the earnings dates, and also see if the company is making money... most of the time (sometimes I don't). So in trading it's a mixed bag... one of the great traders I read about, said, at the end of the day, stock prices are 100% perception.
    That is absolutely my philosophy at bottom - "Perception" - Why does it move or not move? What makes it move or not move? It's coming up on a year now that I have been in SIRI, my first real foray into stocks outside of co. options and in hindsight it's been brilliant ... There were times when I thought I was the biggest fool in the world to pick this stock of all stocks to get my feet wet in, but it has been the perfect set of training wheels. The manipulation both legit and highly suspect, the shorting and bizarre hatred that exists that really wants it to fail. Learning how the 'big boy's, the institutional players affect the SP ... the "Stock shock" movie, the TA and addict like cult following that I became a member of ... It's all one big stew that I am still distilling and processing, I guess like you mentioned, trying to develop a style.

But transferring all this into the pennies is yet another challenge all it's own - No institutional buyers or at least that I am aware of - Again, back to learning just how this world really operates, the infrastructure, what is really going on behind the scenes - My suspicion is also even more micro just between the Pink's and the OTC, I know they get lumped together and the Pink's have tried to alter their image with their tiers, something to lend a bit more credibility. Mentioned this last week I think, have been reading a free online book about "Lloyd's Analysis" and he is adamant about staying away from the Pink Sheets but seemingly differentiates that with the OTC even with the caveat of being risky, my initial reaction was to discard it and I had to wonder how dated his material was, but it began to sink in and now has me wondering ...

Man, I'm tired, I'm just rambling.
    Dave, we could go head to head on that one ...

09-13-2009, 11:38 AM #246
    hey folks...

happy Sunday to you all

I've had a few hiccups with posting notes over the past few days - perhaps the messages were too verbose? Probably ;-)

I was trying to say thanks to Romo for his thoughts re: SPNG.

Fact is, I'm working on a limited mental bandwidth & time allotment to watch the market as I'd like to keep track of it.

I'm a bit bummed that I *was* up $2k - when I was 99% ready to pull the trigger @ $0.20. Alas, I didn't...but still got out without losing anything. And, don't exactly plan on losing any more $. I do still have roughly 11k shares that I'll let ride until (at least) the 10k.
    *I'm toying with the idea of just riding the reverse split wave, if only for the experience. If I'm invested, I'm more likely to be intent on *knowing* what's the haps with it.

Dave mentioned Mel's options with SIRI.

I'd also note that Malone's options are @ $0.35.

***I added another 1/3 to my position, in June, when this news hit the wire. This was to be an over-core position - I moved it to the core when August's pennant fizzled.

Truth be told, I kinda sorta regret (not really) not offloading in the 70s and buying back next week.

Ultimately, I made my decision and own it. I'm working on the not letting greed take over my decisions. When the day is done, my position in SIRI is large enough that there will be a few toys purchased next summer

And since a couple of folks were mentioning their list...here's mine:

* new home - paid off -

* http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/

and if we were staying in California

http://aptera.com/

Oh, and I'd like to have a little cabin on a mountain-top somewhere in, um, the mountains...

ok, have a great rest_of_your_Sunday...and to you all, also, a fantastic week!

Ramsey

Mentor
    09-13-2009, 11:46 AM #247
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Bass, saw this on the hub and thought you'd like to read it.

Posted by: Bullheader * Date: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:41:05 PM
    In reply to: None Post # of 27323*
    I also received an email this morning. I wrote to Dean 2 days ago this:
    Dean,
    I know your working hard to make these acquisitions happen. The short term PPS is taking a beating during this delay. Any chance of you issuing an update as to your time lines and current intentions.

And received this reply, this morning

The press release on that subject is being hotly debated by our attorney and the IR people right now. We are going to annouce the beginning of our buy back program next week. Dean
    Just wanted to chime in on this post! Highly unlikely that the CEO of QASP is going to put in an email anything that is useful at this time. No way IMHO that he stated that they would announce a buy back program in response to an emailer!

Please take all posts from the shrub with a giant grain of salt!

BTW- with Bill out of town...time for us to try and catch him in posts...He's got a huge lead!

Dr. Dave, Bass, LT thanks for putting out both sides of the story! That is exactly why I use this site to gain knowledge...Everyone posts their concerns/prospectives without any backlash or BS! Thanks

Mentor
    09-13-2009, 11:48 AM #248
    Shots

Not meant to be a shot at you! Just a buyer beware notice!

Have a great football sunday! Hope your residency is going well!

jeff

Mentor
    09-13-2009, 11:56 AM #249
    Since we are all dreaming!

QASP, BCLE, SPNG, BEHL, MGLG, SIRI collectively are going to pay off student loans for my self, and both daughters...Followed by a vacation home(very modest) in Southern Colorado if the daughters havn't milked me dry by then!

Remember...when you lose your dreams...you die!

Mentor
    09-13-2009, 12:40 PM #250
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Just wanted to chime in on this post! Highly unlikely that the CEO of QASP is going to put in an email anything that is useful at this time. No way IMHO that he stated that they would announce a buy back program in response to an emailer!

Please take all posts from the shrub with a giant grain of salt!

BTW- with Bill out of town...time for us to try and catch him in posts...He's got a huge lead!

Dr. Dave, Bass, LT thanks for putting out both sides of the story! That is exactly why I use this site to gain knowledge...Everyone posts their concerns/prospectives without any backlash or BS! Thanks
    Hey JS ... good stuff man. Just to clarify though ... The buyback has been on the table for QASP for sometime, I believe it is tied to the timing with closing the acquisitions.