02-05-2008, 11:49 PM #1

Cool Let's Talk Nascar 2008

Welcome NASCAR People!

Looks like last season we had a NASCAR thread but not much posting on it. I am here to tell you I will post after every race and maybe during the week too!

This season should be exciting! Daytona is the big one and get's the season rockin! I love Sirius NASCAR and I love to tune in a driver and listen in on the crew chief/spotter/driver communications! I got my HD television, my Sirius and a whole lot of time to go racin!

Check back and post with me! I love to talk NASCAR

My driver: Jamie McMurray

02-06-2008, 05:30 AM #2
    Did you ever watch Jeff Dunham the ventriloquist ?

He's Making A Left Turn !!!

LMAO !!!

02-06-2008, 07:05 AM #3
    Hello Eduardo

Wow, you really get around on this board, but that's what they are for correct? I had not heard Jeff Dunham but was able to pull up a UTube of the bit you are talking about. Very funny stuff!

Some people like Nascar and some people don't. I enjoy it totally. Race car drivers are not given the respect they should have. They are athletes in every sense of the word. To travel at speeds of almost 200 miles an hour for 400 to 500 miles requires among other things excellent hand eye coordination, and stamina! And may I add, "guts". I love that Nascar, I always will.

Keep in touch and stay on the road to recovery.

02-06-2008, 07:16 AM #4
    I know absolutely nothing about Nascar buddy . I have never been able to watch more than a lap or two and I get bored . Attention deficit disorder I guess ! LOL !

Dunham is one of my favorite entertainers . If you have the time he has a new character that he calls "Achmed The Dead Terrorist" that you should check out . Being that your nephews are bravely serving our country you will probably get an extra kick out of that skit and character .

I do agree with you about the athletic and guts part of driving race cars . It is no joke and not for the faint of heart being in anything moving that fast and trying to control it with a bunch of others right next to you doing the same. You have to have a LARGE set just to attempt it .

Take care bro,

Eduardo S Fernandez

02-06-2008, 09:17 AM #5
    Hello Eduardo

Good to hear you appreciate the guts it takes to drive around in a big circle among 43 other cars right on your backside doing 200 miles an hour. What's boring about that? Nascar isn't just cars going around in a circle. What about what it takes to get these cars competitive for a race? The crew chiefs, pit crew, and the strategy to get the win are other aspects of Nascar.

I hear that from a lot from people, "How can you watch cars going around in a circle?" I guess I don't see it that way. I see great athletes with so much power at their disposal they can barely steer their cars. I guess you have to get past the circle to appreciate the dynamics. Some people can only see things inside the box.

But Eduardo, I respect your opinion. Frankly I don't like boxing. Why, because to me it's unintelligent.

Oh, and I am not a bro either. I am a lady. Surprised?

02-06-2008, 08:24 PM #6
    Minnesota ,

To me when you get older it seems that you tend to like what you did or watched yourself in your youth more than other things . You probably can appreciate the intricacies of that particular sport more because of your own intimate knowledge of it and your fond memories you have about it .

As a youth I never got into hockey or race car driving of any kind . I was usually getting yelled at for being late because I was out on the basketball court the football field the baseball diamond or the track field . I was very fast as a youth ran the 100 yard dash in track . My hand eye coordination made me a good WR in football and a pretty good point guard in basketball . But I was never big enough to even begin to dream of having a career in those sports and I was very fast but not world class . What I was exceptional at was pitching . But I started throwing to much junk at a young age and threw my arm out at the ripe old age of 19 . So with a case full of trophies from that sport i turned the page . But those sports that I participated in are still the ones i follow . Not because I think they are the best or only sports worth watching .

But just like when you watch the race and can see in your minds eye the preparation that the driver went through and what the pit is doing in anticipation of whatever might pop up in the heat of the race . And all the other intricacies that people like me don't see when we just see a bunch of cars going around in circles . This is what makes the sport special to you . And i can well understand that . There are multitudes of people that tell me how can you watch baseball for 9 innings I get bored after one . And I say don't you know that every pitch changes the game completely depending on what happened on the last pitch it determines what the next will be it changes constantly as does the defense behind you because the kind of different pitches you throw and where you locate them in the strike zone are more likely to be hit in different spots and they need to be aware to position themselves accordingly and the managers decisions are affected with each passing pitch , out and at bat ? It is the same thing .

We in our own way know our particular favorite sports so well that the average casual fan just cannot see the depth of the entire experience like we can . I can fully appreciate your love of Nascar without loving it myself .

What I can't appreciate is you being a Cheesehead and living in MY VIKINGS home state !!! LMAO !!!

Eduardo S Fernandez

PS : Sorry about the bro there sister , that is the second time I made that mistake on this board first Lana and now you !
    Last edited by eduardo; 02-06-2008 at 08:30 PM.

02-07-2008, 06:53 AM #7
    Hello Eduardo

I am originally from Wisconsin transplanted to Minnesota. <-- What can say?

I am not a football fan really but learned early on in marriage if you can't beat em join em!

Only 3 more days till I can watch the cars go around in a circle!
    Last edited by minnesota; 02-07-2008 at 06:59 AM.

02-07-2008, 12:33 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesota View Post
    Hello EduardoGood to hear you appreciate the guts it takes to drive around in a big circle among 43 other cars right on your backside doing 200 miles an hour. What's boring about that? Nascar isn't just cars going around in a circle. What about what it takes to get these cars competitive for a race? The crew chiefs, pit crew, and the strategy to get the win are other aspects of Nascar.
    I totally agree if you are part of that team or driving the car it must be amazingly exciting BUT to a spectator it is simply 43 cars driving in a really big circle.

02-07-2008, 07:10 PM #9
    Good thing none of those "spectators" both at the track, on their Sirius radios listening and those watching it in high definition or otherwise on their TV feel that way. NASCAR would cease to exist and I believe it is the fastest growing sport in the USA? I love watching the racecars "go around in a circle", as you say, because I appreciate all it took to get them on the track and the talent it takes to drive them competitively. I love NASCAR and everything about it.

JMO