Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 11:18 PM #1

Cool Are you buying, selling or holding?

I've held my position, I would like to add but I really don't have any cash. It's been a crazy ride.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 01:29 AM #2
    I'm holding! After all we've been through, if the good news is correct, we deserve to profit from our patience.

Mentor
    02-15-2009, 01:32 AM #3
    Probably take alittle off the table to keep the wife off of my ass! Maybe 20% @.5. Overall avg is .59 if I dont pickup some more early Tuesday.

Guru
    02-15-2009, 01:45 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Probably take alittle off the table to keep the wife off of my ass! Maybe 20% @.5. Overall avg is .59 if I dont pickup some more early Tuesday.
    LMAO...first rule of trading: Never tell wife what you are doing....haha

How ya doing my friend? Hope you are having a great weekend.

Personally, for now, I am holding until I see what happens on Tuesday morning...If it gets wild and up, I will sell at a level that I am comfortable with before it pulls back, then rebuy on the next uptrend.

You don't owe me any whiskey yet, damn it!

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 02:06 AM #5
    I was going to just hold, but I think your approach is very smart. If all goes as we hope, this thing may spike a lot and then calm down before any later upswing.

Having said that, I've used your same logic in the past with stocks and then found it inpossible to time things correctly for the changes in price direction.

Again, if all goes as planned, won't it be a long-awaited relief to be given that choice?

Guru
    02-15-2009, 02:16 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    I was going to just hold, but I think your approach is very smart. If all goes as we hope, this thing may spike a lot and then calm down before any later upswing.

Having said that, I've used your same logic in the past with stocks and then found it inpossible to time things correctly for the changes in price direction.

Again, if all goes as planned, won't it be a long-awaited relief to be given that choice?
    I could be wrong, so don't hold me to it...but when people get all excited they just keep on buying and buying and buying....the chart spikes almost straight up.

If this happens, the thing to do is watch for time and sales to start slowing down. That is a sure indicator that it is peaking. That is the time to sell. Then kick back.

You may get it wrong or you may get it right, but you will make a profit and then kick back and wait.....as long as it takes...then re-buy low again.

If you are one of the guys that says I am staying in forever, no matter what and this happens, then you will hear the...I should have's......

It is a stock....they ALWAYS pull back on a run...

Keep your eye on the chart and the time and sales in your software plus indicators if you understand them.

That is my tactic and is what I will do.

My idea, personally, is to make a profit....

I don't know how the stock is going to take off on Tues or Wed....but if it takes off slow and is grinding its way up, then I will just play it as normal, but still keeping my sell eye on it.

If it spikes, I will be extra quick and ready to sell when sales start slowing down................then wait.........and re-buy at an acceptable level and pick up more shares if you want to get back in.

Hope this helps.....

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-15-2009 at 02:31 AM.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 02:22 AM #7
    At the moment I am holding. If the price goes above my average cost of 56 cents I might sell about 15% and use the money to buy more Sirius Senior Bonds.

Guru
    02-15-2009, 02:26 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    At the moment I am holding. If the price goes above my average cost of 56 cents I might sell about 15% and use the money to buy more Sirius Senior Bonds.
    15% is a good profit margin on a stock....I don't know squat about bonds...I have never got into them...good thinking IMHO

Newman can tell you if the bonds are a good idea or not...he knows that kind of thing, you might ask him before Tuesday.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 02:37 AM #9
    Billhart22-

Thanks for your advice. It sounds very sound. Of course, what is "a lot" in this case? 20%, 50%, 100% - there has been such a cloud over this stock - all at a time when this stock is a darling to so many.

I think your approach of watching the volume is a good indicator of when the momentum may be temporarily petering out, and that there may be some price lowering before any further upward runs.

I'll keep your ideas in mind on Tuesday, and will apply them if, indeed, there is a pause.

Thanks again for your sage advice! I appreciate it.

Guru
    02-15-2009, 02:52 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    Billhart22-

Thanks for your advice. It sounds very sound. Of course, what is "a lot" in this case? 20%, 50%, 100% - there has been such a cloud over this stock - all at a time when this stock is a darling to so many.

I think your approach of watching the volume is a good indicator of when the momentum may be temporarily petering out, and that there may be some price lowering before any further upward runs.

I'll keep your ideas in mind on Tuesday, and will apply them if, indeed, there is a pause.

Thanks again for your sage advice! I appreciate it.
    The truth of the matter is you just never know.....momentum in a spike is the key factor for me. It starts slowing down to a mudslide...then I get out...If you watch your chart, when the stock is slowing down and then takes a dip, then I sell. Too many times you will get a dip or go flat, then an upsurge (people trying to re-establish the momentum) and then flat for a bit and then down with small ups on the way down.

I don't want to be confusing....If it is a smooth down after the initial big run, then it is more likely to be a real selling point. If it is short and jagged then it can go back up, but you can tell when it is getting overweight...but if it is smooth and flat and then spikes and then comes down to about the same level and goes flat then bail.

That is my plan....What is a lot? That is subjective. I hope that I haven't confused the hell out of you. If I did, then just go back to my previous post and run by that if you want.

If there is a run up............and you are past your point of profit.....then keep an eye on momentum. There is risk, as you know, I can tell from your postings in here that you are a really smart guy and smarter than a lot.

That's all that I can think of for now. If you have any questions, please P.M. me along the way and I will try to help if I am available at the time.

I am a chart guy....not a finance guy, like Newman (the Oracle).

I want to see everybody win.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-15-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ...