Mentor
    07-22-2013, 12:00 AM #1

July 22nd-Run Blue Dog Run

Thought I'd get the thread started alittle early...CC coming on the 25th! Any thoughts on how the dog reacts going into CC? I'm primed for a run back into the mid-upper 3.70's...then depending on actual #'s...may see the pullback from this run!! Since they shot their wad with the Sub #'s...not sure what they may have up their sleeve! IF update on Buyback is + the dog may have another leg in it!! Decisions...decisions...

FYI- just closed on my vacation home in Pagosa Springs, Colorado...thanks Mel, Mr Malone, Bassman, Red, Denco...and the rest of the blue dog family!!! Ya'll's unselfishness with posting info and explaining charts...allowed many of the rest of us to make some money and learn a great deal!!

So thanks my friends...

JS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just sirius; 07-22-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: added initials

Addict
    07-22-2013, 10:46 AM #3
    First of all, congrats to Just Sirius. I truly envy your purchase in the Rockies. I had never heard of that particular place until you spelled it out a while back............. I then researched on the web and found it is just a short hike down the west side of the Continental Divide........ must be heavenly based on discussions in the website for Pagosa Springs........... I failed to note if there is decent trout fishing up there in those hills......... being an avid fly fisherman, I'm always attracted to potential places to fish. Again, congratulations.

Thanks to Switchflare for the pointer on 3-D printing about to take off........... Until reading that article I was wondering where to park some of my dry powder, and now the decision has been made. I placed orders for ONVO in that gap between 6.10 and 6.30 on hopes it'll continue to correct into that area. If those orders fill, then I'll just tuck them under my pillow and take a look in first quarter next year to see how truthful that article might have been. Thanks again.

And to Jackweed, sorry if I swayed your thinking to hold on to LEDS. I felt I was in so deep that I couldn't afford to jump out at the first sign of weakness. Now, I'm licking my wounds, throwing in the towel, and hoping to get out as best I can. I will voice a strong recommendation and testimony for maintaining a diversified portfolio however. In spite of taking a $10K paper loss in LEDS last week, my bottom line netted a growth of $1100. In reality as I think of it, since I had been in and out of LEDS a couple of times with profits, I really didn't lose a full $10K............. Anyway LEDS is behind me and I look forward to great returns in OVNO to supplement what already is a good gainer in DDD.

Off now to the golf course. GLTA

07-22-2013, 11:29 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    First of all, congrats to Just Sirius. I truly envy your purchase in the Rockies. I had never heard of that particular place until you spelled it out a while back............. I then researched on the web and found it is just a short hike down the west side of the Continental Divide........ must be heavenly based on discussions in the website for Pagosa Springs........... I failed to note if there is decent trout fishing up there in those hills......... being an avid fly fisherman, I'm always attracted to potential places to fish. Again, congratulations.

Thanks to Switchflare for the pointer on 3-D printing about to take off........... Until reading that article I was wondering where to park some of my dry powder, and now the decision has been made. I placed orders for ONVO in that gap between 6.10 and 6.30 on hopes it'll continue to correct into that area. If those orders fill, then I'll just tuck them under my pillow and take a look in first quarter next year to see how truthful that article might have been. Thanks again.

And to Jackweed, sorry if I swayed your thinking to hold on to LEDS. I felt I was in so deep that I couldn't afford to jump out at the first sign of weakness. Now, I'm licking my wounds, throwing in the towel, and hoping to get out as best I can. I will voice a strong recommendation and testimony for maintaining a diversified portfolio however. In spite of taking a $10K paper loss in LEDS last week, my bottom line netted a growth of $1100. In reality as I think of it, since I had been in and out of LEDS a couple of times with profits, I really didn't lose a full $10K............. Anyway LEDS is behind me and I look forward to great returns in OVNO to supplement what already is a good gainer in DDD.

Off now to the golf course. GLTA
    no worries at all on leds. i made a little of two trades and should have never bought back in so high. bought in at 1.99 and had a small window to get out but didn't. Funny i'm looking for an exit now as well. put in a 1.20 sell today. doubt it will hit and will likely lower it just to get out and stop thinking about the loss. i'll just have to look to make that loss up somewhere else. I always appreciate your insight when you talk about whatever stock. I've recently purchased your stikky stock charts book recommendation and need to start digging into it.

Looks like your ONVO target might hit!

Addict
    07-22-2013, 01:36 PM #5
    Yep, all of my ONVO buys have filled except for one at 6.28. I even convinced the wife to partake, so she picked up 3K shares at 6.30.......... sure hope my hunch is right on this one

EDIT: had every intention to get in a round of golf today, but with temperature now above 90 I opted for a short session on the driving range and hope to catch a better (cooler) day later in the week for the real stuff.

PS. Jackweed and all others who have picked up on that Sticky Stock Charts book suggestion, let me put the credit where it truly belongs, and that is in the hands of Bassman. He's the one who brought it to the table; I only followed his suggestion and was delighted at my results, so decided to give it top billing whenever possible. It's a really easy read, and quite productive more times than not if you practice what it teaches.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 07-22-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    07-22-2013, 04:14 PM #6
    I just finished another of my SIRI updates….enjoy...

http://www.trendystockcharts.com/siri/siri-7222013/

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    07-22-2013, 04:22 PM #7
    Thx switchflare……remember, there are other 3D stocks out there too other than ONVO - SSYS, DDD and XONE. Which of these companies will be the "leader"? That is the one to invest in. I think the one that can print with the widest range of materials could be the eventual winner.

Regarding ONVO, a typical retracement after a sharp run-up is 61.8%. For those looking to get in on that stock, I would wait for that pullback to $5.53 by waiting at least to see if that gap fills in the next couple of days.

ONVO 2013-07-22.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by switchflare View Post

Addict
    07-22-2013, 08:49 PM #8
    Thanks for the update Bass, Your pretty much in line with my target also, but ya know, it's times like this ya gotta be cautious, I'm not one to speak tho, I'm holding 3500 contracts overcore, Sept. $3.50's and $4's, I woulda thought they would have had a SEC filing out by now, just to show those fools what they were packing. Everyone, hold on to your trigger finger, imo.

JS, good to see ya doing good, haven't seen you in awhile, guess you've been enjoying the view
    Got me a steal on a Beamer yesterday with last months profits on the Sept $3.50 calls I sold, couldn't pass it up, $2500 2002 325ci, black, I pretty much got it for a play toy, guess I should thank Malone too. If your still holding those shares you got down there at 3.30, I know your smiling, GL

7-22-13.png

I liked the close today, I see us in the $3.70's tomorrow. GLA

Redcloud's Rules for thought when investing #743: If you never put you toes in the water, you'll never get wet, beware of crocodiles!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 07-22-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Mentor
    07-22-2013, 11:46 PM #9
    Red...I dropped them at 3.48 and 3.53!! Bought some Friday at 3.62! Gonna hold'em for a while!!

JS

Mentor
    07-23-2013, 05:49 PM #10
    What's up ALL!!

BassMan!..Tks for the update!!

RC, you too! Looks like you and BassMan are on the same page.

JS, Congrats and tks for your input as well!

CC just a day away now. Hope to see an early morning drop followed by a run.....if not then just the RUN will do.