http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suD-ztTSp98

sirius app being shown off

.44 high so far pre

06-18-2009, 08:17 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suD-ztTSp98

sirius app being shown off

.44 high so far pre

Another great link, Tripp. You are right on it as usual!
    Pretty amazing app.

Julie

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 08:20 AM #3
    Good Morning Tripp,don't listen to Howard much but this is nuts if he is not on the App due to SXM's fault..But if it is someone else's call then that's the way it is and just try and fix it..

Yesterday was good,hope today is better and last night a visited some web sites through stories about APP and read comments about it that were all Howard all the time and pissed off people...

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 08:22 AM #4
    .415 in pre with 2.3 million shares so far traded..can't believe they are getting big trades through on the relative ly cheap side still..

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 08:24 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Good Morning Tripp,don't listen to Howard much but this is nuts if he is not on the App due to SXM's fault..But if it is someone else's call then that's the way it is and just try and fix it..

Yesterday was good,hope today is better and last night a visited some web sites through stories about APP and read comments about it that were all Howard all the time and pissed off people...
    Howard on his show will explain it. Probably already has on air. Makes no sense, a good journalist would be tracking down when Howard will be on, and if its an added charge, not just settle for "breaking" news everyone can read for themselves when they download the app. Thats just rehashing a bash. Big deal hes not on it, news today is its out, and what IS on it, and what i can do, the quality, etc... No MLB? No shit!!! Hello, they have their own app!!! NASCAR, same licensing problems.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 08:31 AM #6
    i think they are saving howard for later, where they can make a big deal about howard coming to iphone and get 2 pumps for the price of 1

Addict
    06-18-2009, 08:31 AM #7
    While it sucks Howard is not available via the app, the worst part is how SXM makes no mention of it, inviting outrage and negative speculation....AGAIN! These guys are so f'n stupid. I just don't get it. Malone is probably screaming at Mel on his speakerphone right now! MORON!
    Only these jerks could turn a huge positive into a negative....they have become so adept at that, they now do it within a split second of positive news! Very efficient. JERKS!

06-18-2009, 08:39 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    While it sucks Howard is not available via the app, the worst part is how SXM makes no mention of it, inviting outrage and negative speculation....AGAIN! These guys are so f'n stupid. I just don't get it. Malone is probably screaming at Mel on his speakerphone right now! MORON!
    Only these jerks could turn a huge positive into a negative....they have become so adept at that, they now do it within a split second of positive news! Very efficient. JERKS!
    I agree completely. I don't even listen to Stern and that's the first thing I thought. The decisions they make are baffling to the rest of the world. They probably think Stern junkies will cancel thier car subscription to replace it with the Iphone app. Be confident in your programming and gain the additional revenue from people that have Iphones and just want to listen to it on that.

Addict
    06-18-2009, 08:46 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i think they are saving howard for later, where they can make a big deal about howard coming to iphone and get 2 pumps for the price of 1
    Maybe....but that's a terrible strategy if it's true. The worst thing a public company can do is create uncertainty. There's enough to go around on Wall Street as it is. It is not in the best interests of the shareholders. By releasing this app, a huge public relations positive, and not mentioning why Howard is omitted from the lineup, just creates anger and uncertainty. Consumers don't buy in an uncertain climate. Howard is the reason this company is still in business. Ignoring this fact and omitting any mention of him in this press release is about as stupid a move as I can remember in corporate PR. I do not listen to Howard. So, this is coming from someone from biz perspective only.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 08:47 AM #10
    hey underway, siri makes it clear on their iphone app page that howard will not be available.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ...