Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Guru
    08-11-2009, 09:04 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Quoting Rick Santorum on weapons of mass destruction is like quoting Sarah
    Pallin on Health care. Both wack jobs who have not a shred of credibility.

Or asking Obama how many states make up the United States.

That is why you have to read the whole article. there are numorus people that talk about it. Also if you watched FOX you would already know it was talked about with democrat senators and congress men. The issue was not weather they found the WMDs or not but weather the WMDs that where found where enough reason for the US to goto war with Iraq or not. I will repost the article because A) I think you are just trying to cover it up. and B) You must not have read it fully because it does not just have Rick Santorum QUOTING FROM the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit but others.

repost

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON--
    The United States has found 500 chemical weapons in Iraq since 2003, and more weapons of mass destruction are likely to be uncovered, two Republican lawmakers said Wednesday.

"We have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons," Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., said in a quickly called press conference late Wednesday afternoon.

Reading from a declassified portion of a report by the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit, Santorum said: "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."

• Click here to read the declassified portion of the NGIC report.

He added that the report warns about the hazards that the chemical weapons could still pose to coalition troops in Iraq.

"The purity of the agents inside the munitions depends on many factors, including the manufacturing process, potential additives and environmental storage conditions. While agents degrade over time, chemical warfare agents remain hazardous and potentially lethal," Santorum read from the document.

"This says weapons have been discovered, more weapons exist and they state that Iraq was not a WMD-free zone, that there are continuing threats from the materials that are or may still be in Iraq," said Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

The weapons are thought to be manufactured before 1991 so they would not be proof of an ongoing WMD program in the 1990s. But they do show that Saddam Hussein was lying when he said all weapons had been destroyed, and it shows that years of on-again, off-again weapons inspections did not uncover these munitions.

Hoekstra said the report, completed in April but only declassified now, shows that "there is still a lot about Iraq that we don't fully understand."

Asked why the Bush administration, if it had known about the information since April or earlier, didn't advertise it, Hoekstra conjectured that the president has been forward-looking and concentrating on the development of a secure government in Iraq.

Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."

The official said the findings did raise questions about the years of weapons inspections that had not resulted in locating the fairly sizeable stash of chemical weapons. And he noted that it may say something about Hussein's intent and desire. The report does suggest that some of the weapons were likely put on the black market and may have been used outside Iraq.

He also said that the Defense Department statement shortly after the March 2003 invasion saying that "we had all known weapons facilities secured," has proven itself to be untrue.

"It turned out the whole country was an ammo dump," he said, adding that on more than one occasion, a conventional weapons site has been uncovered and chemical weapons have been discovered mixed within them.

Hoekstra and Santorum lamented that Americans were given the impression after a 16-month search conducted by the Iraq Survey Group that the evidence of continuing research and development of weapons of mass destruction was insignificant. But the National Ground Intelligence Center took up where the ISG left off when it completed its report in November 2004, and in the process of collecting intelligence for the purpose of force protection for soldiers and sailors still on the ground in Iraq, has shown that the weapons inspections were incomplete, they and others have said.

"We know it was there, in place, it just wasn't operative when inspectors got there after the war, but we know what the inspectors found from talking with the scientists in Iraq that it could have been cranked up immediately, and that's what Saddam had planned to do if the sanctions against Iraq had halted and they were certainly headed in that direction," said Fred Barnes, editor of The Weekly Standard and a FOX News contributor.

"It is significant. Perhaps, the administration just, they think they weathered the debate over WMD being found there immediately and don't want to return to it again because things are otherwise going better for them, and then, I think, there's mindless resistance to releasing any classified documents from Iraq," Barnes said.

The release of the declassified materials comes as the Senate debates Democratic proposals to create a timetable for U.S. troops to withdraw from Iraq. The debate has had the effect of creating disunity among Democrats, a majority of whom shrunk Wednesday from an amendment proposed by Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts to have troops to be completely withdrawn from Iraq by the middle of next year.

At the same time, congressional Republicans have stayed highly united, rallying around a White House that has seen successes in the last couple weeks, first with the death of terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, then the completion of the formation of Iraq's Cabinet and then the announcement Tuesday that another key Al Qaeda in Iraq leader, "religious emir" Mansour Suleiman Mansour Khalifi al-Mashhadani, or Sheik Mansour, was also killed in a U.S. airstrike.

Santorum pointed out that during Wednesday's debate, several Senate Democrats said that no weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq, a claim, he said, that the declassified document proves is untrue.

"This is an incredibly — in my mind — significant finding. The idea that, as my colleagues have repeatedly said in this debate on the other side of the aisle, that there are no weapons of mass destruction, is in fact false," he said.

As a result of this new information, under the aegis of his chairmanship, Hoekstra said he is going to ask for more reporting by the various intelligence agencies about weapons of mass destruction.

"We are working on the declassification of the report. We are going to do a thorough search of what additional reports exist in the intelligence community. And we are going to put additional pressure on the Department of Defense and the folks in Iraq to more fully pursue a complete investigation of what existed in Iraq before the war," Hoekstra said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Intelligent people do not doubt that these weapons were found. What intelligent people doubt is that they were the weapons that the US went to war over. That was not the question that was asked in your surveys and that is why your surveys are not valid. Which is the reason this thread was started, if I recall.

Now anyone reading this knows without a doubt that there were chemical weapons (WMDs) found in Iraq. Which was the question asked. Only a twit would try and say anything else after just being give this information (information FOX viewers had already).

Once again FOX veiwers acorrding to the surveys you have given are more knowledgable about this issue then not only the other news outlets but the ones giving the surveys. Really to be honest I find it to be ironic that the ones giving the surveys are ether trying to mislead people on purpose or they are truely that dumb themselves.
    Last edited by john; 08-11-2009 at 09:47 AM.

08-11-2009, 11:47 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    This post has absolutely nothing to do with what was talked about and that was that weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq. When there was suppose to be none at the time Iraq was suposed to be a WMD free zone.

P.S. Sorry Dread I thought you where lloyd posting trying to confuse the issue as he does do when he is losing an arguement.
    Now I am confused??? LOL!! All good!!

My point on this is, the fact that we supplied Iraq with the weapons to begin with, to defeat Iran.

Guru
    08-12-2009, 08:07 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Now I am confused??? LOL!! All good!!

My point on this is, the fact that we supplied Iraq with the weapons to begin with, to defeat Iran.

dread, that is correct but I still dont see what that had to do with the other. Because I read the post wrong and saw lloyds name in the qoute and I thought he was trying to deflect the arguement in another direction.

As to your post though I would say, So we also gave the old USSR weapons and material during WWII to beat Germany.

Addict
    08-12-2009, 09:10 AM #34
    John you are quite the projector. You are constantly steering my posts into a completely different direction or picking out one small piece of it to focus on obsessively. You really need to examine your own behavoir when on the losing end of arguments.

And while we are on the subject of losing arguments.

Bush on the subject of weapons of mass destruction "not finding weapons of mass destruction in iraq was a significant disappointment." That's the President of the United States who based his invasion on that fact.
    You quote Hoekstra and Santorum. Two right wing shrills who have put there feet in their mouths often in their careers.

Guru
    08-12-2009, 10:42 AM #35
    John you are quite the projector. You are constantly steering my posts into a completely different direction or picking out one small piece of it to focus on obsessively. You really need to examine your own behavoir when on the losing end of arguments.

And while we are on the subject of losing arguments.

Bush on the subject of weapons of mass destruction "not finding weapons of mass destruction in iraq was a significant disappointment." That's the President of the United States who based his invasion on that fact.
    You quote Hoekstra and Santorum. Two right wing shrills who have put there feet in their mouths often in their careers.

Who are you trying to kid, that was totally you that does that. If you recall this thread was started because you gave terrible surveys that said 2 of the 3 answers where wrong when 2 of the answers that were given by FOX viewers were actually correct. I showed how they were correct and you tried to refute it.

You lost plan and simple.

You putting up the same crap will not change that. I will just put up the same answer AGAIN that shows what a idiot you are. If you read it the first time it explains exactly why Bush says what he says.

P.S. READ THE FIRST 6 WORDS AND THE 2ND PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY, you twit. I dont want to have to keep putting the same thing up to directly contradict your assumtion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."

The official said the findings did raise questions about the years of weapons inspections that had not resulted in locating the fairly sizeable stash of chemical weapons. And he noted that it may say something about Hussein's intent and desire. The report does suggest that some of the weapons were likely put on the black market and may have been used outside Iraq.

He also said that the Defense Department statement shortly after the March 2003 invasion saying that "we had all known weapons facilities secured," has proven itself to be untrue.

"It turned out the whole country was an ammo dump," he said, adding that on more than one occasion, a conventional weapons site has been uncovered and chemical weapons have been discovered mixed within them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You see dumbass, Bush is not going to get into a losing arguement and try to say, see there where WMDs in Iraq. Only for the people like yourself to say, Ho well so 500 old chemical shells are the reason we got into this mess. Well Syria has much more then that why dont you invade them also.

That still does not change the correct answer to the question your surveys said was wrong......Lets see if I can find it again, here it is;

2. That weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq.

The correct answer to that question is YES. Now most of the people also giving that answer also knew they where not the WMDs that we went to war over. That was not part of the question that was given though was it, and something I told you before from the begining of this thread. You should have said you are correct there john and moved on. Instead you tried to argue a point you had no clue about at first and then reallized after looking into it that "ho shit there was 500 shells with chemical warheads (WMDs) found in Iraq" (I just made a logical guessed at your answer). From that point it was, for you, to late to turn back. The problem is you look to be more and more stupid with each post you put up.

P.S. If I where you with people like Harry Ried and Polasy as your head of you party, I would not be throwing stones in that glass house.
    Last edited by john; 08-12-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Addict
    08-12-2009, 12:33 PM #36
    Of the several surveys i put up to show the ignorance of Fox viewers you pick on one and then zero in on weapons of mass destruction and try to finesse the
    obvious answer that no weapons were found. It seems clear that you refuse to admit anything ever. What about the Pew survey?

Addict
    08-12-2009, 12:39 PM #37
    Like i said you are quite a projecter. Next time it happens i will point it out
    there and them.

John silly you. You really believe Obama doesnt know how many states there are? You compare policy knowledge to slip ups. And love to quote silliness rather than significant policy knowledge. Obama would run circles around Pallin, Santorum and you when it comes to health care knowledge. .

If you gave the Pew survey to Obama and Pallin do you really think Pallin would win? You cant be that much of an ignorant putz can you?

Addict
    08-12-2009, 12:44 PM #38
    One more answer to your weapons of mass destruction distortion. You listen to way too much fox news. Distorts the brain.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...struction.html

Guru
    08-12-2009, 01:02 PM #39
    Of the several surveys i put up to show the ignorance of Fox viewers you pick on one and then zero in on weapons of mass destruction and try to finesse the
    obvious answer that no weapons were found. It seems clear that you refuse to admit anything ever. What about the Pew survey?

How big of a twit are you. The 2 surveys you gave at the beginning of this thread are using the same University of Maryland stats and questions to base their conclusions on.

I also said that there were connections between Iraq and al-Qaida and gave you an example of which. You were the idiot that put all your chips in the WMDs question. It is not my fault that you where to stupid and did not watch FOX to know the information on what WMDs where found.

I am sorry where was the pew survey I did not see it in this thread. To be honest you twit after tearing your surveys apart and showing them to be false and invalid, can you blame anyone for not taking seriously any survey you bring.

Really you got to get back to reallity.

Guru
    08-12-2009, 01:23 PM #40
    Like i said you are quite a projecter. Next time it happens i will point it out
    there and them.

John silly you. You really believe Obama doesnt know how many states there are? You compare policy knowledge to slip ups. And love to quote silliness rather than significant policy knowledge. Obama would run circles around Pallin, Santorum and you when it comes to health care knowledge. .

If you gave the Pew survey to Obama and Pallin do you really think Pallin would win? You cant be that much of an ignorant putz can you?

I dont know about that. Does Bidin know who was president in 1929 and when TV was invented?

Obama cant even run circles around a normal citizen when asked about his own bill he is promoting. Obama admited, he was not aware of that part of the bill after the guy told him the subsection of it, Dhaaaaaaaaa.

The guy is out of his league, then again what experience does he have. Lets see community organizor, "state" rep., and senator for 2 years, ho ho I am sorry he ran for president for 2 years, I dont want to forget that, even he tried to use that as part of his experience.

are you kidding me, you actually said this:

"If you gave the Pew survey to Obama and Pallin do you really think Pallin would win? You cant be that much of an ignorant putz can you"

First of all because you are blinded you have not seen really any of the goofs Obama has made thinking we have 60 states is the tip of the ice burg. As for who would win that all depends on, would Obama have a telepromtor in front of him when he takes it.

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345