Guru
    11-19-2009, 07:12 PM #1

AMA only represents 17% of all doctors and 58% of elderly dont want this gov. health

From that we can see that the AMA and the AARP is not the end all be al;l on what the people want.

It is a fact the AARP will stand to gain many new people to their insurance plans they offer. Yes thats right they have their own health insurance that just so happens to be in line to be a replacement for what the medsicare will be cut out. As for the AMA, I wonder how long they will support this debocle when they realize that the "doc fix" will not get approved and they are not going to get the 250 Billion that is not in the health care reform bill (because it would put both the house and senate bills WAY OVER the deficit neutral line where even Obama cant sign it).

Mentor
    11-19-2009, 08:09 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    From that we can see that the AMA and the AARP is not the end all be al;l on what the people want.

It is a fact the AARP will stand to gain many new people to their insurance plans they offer. Yes thats right they have their own health insurance that just so happens to be in line to be a replacement for what the medsicare will be cut out. As for the AMA, I wonder how long they will support this debocle when they realize that the "doc fix" will not get approved and they are not going to get the 250 Billion that is not in the health care reform bill (because it would put both the house and senate bills WAY OVER the deficit neutral line where even Obama cant sign it).

Your AMA representation figure is correct . . the many doctor friends that I have spoken to tell me that the vast majority of practicing physicians completely disavow the AMA as not representative of their viewpoints!