Page 2 of 7 1234 ...
    Enthusiast
    01-30-2013, 10:57 AM #11
    sly - he uses TDA also... I use Scottrade so I don't know if they would accept it or not. Either way, I'll wait until it's over.

Mentor
    01-30-2013, 10:59 AM #12
    HEY SLY,

Would like to thank you for bringing my attention to FSLR yesterday. I used this chart to determine an entry point to start a postion yesterday. So far so good.

Put my buy order in at 27.75......

FSLR.jpg

Enthusiast
    01-30-2013, 11:01 AM #13
    Sly....I picked up some FSLR yesterday at $28. I'm hoping it bounces off a long term trend line on one of Ashans charts. What are your thoughts?

01-30-2013, 11:28 AM #14
    MJNA is up another 6% already. Maybe the "chill", love the term, is due to an "imbalance" of bid/ask and its gonna run? Hope so!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    01-30-2013, 11:30 AM #15
    @ Denco & SI - I use the arithmetic scale, not the log scale. I feel that the log scale distorts the true formation of a pattern.

Addict
    01-30-2013, 11:31 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundeeez View Post
    Sly....I picked up some FSLR yesterday at $28. I'm hoping it bounces off a long term trend line on one of Ashans charts. What are your thoughts?
    Denco and Sundeez, I say "Kudos" to both of you for getting in to FSLR at a good time (IMHO).........Actually, I jumped the gun a little; should have waited for another 50 cent dip before my move. However, all the chart data notwithstanding, I think we are about to see a stimulus for that company beginning perhaps as early as this evening........... What I'm talking about is this week's PGA tournament in Phoenix with a pre-tourney telecast this evening on Golf Channel. I've heard that First Solar is a primary sponsor of that tourney which is advertised as The Waste Management Green Tournament............... I happen to be a golf fan, so my ears perked up when I heard First Solar mentioned in the same breath with that PGA event which actually is played Thursday through Sunday............Here's hoping we get a little POP in FSLR as a result.

01-30-2013, 11:36 AM #17
    Siriusly, I bought some mjna yesterday thru e-trade went thru right away.

Mentor
    01-30-2013, 11:46 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    @ Denco & SI - I use the arithmetic scale, not the log scale. I feel that the log scale distorts the true formation of a pattern.
    Thanks for the comfirmation BassMan!! I tried to replicate one of you SIRI trend lines a while back and was unable to until I changed from Log to Arithmetic.
    Last edited by denco1; 01-30-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Enthusiast
    01-30-2013, 11:46 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco and Sundeez, I say "Kudos" to both of you for getting in to FSLR at a good time (IMHO).........Actually, I jumped the gun a little; should have waited for another 50 cent dip before my move. However, all the chart data notwithstanding, I think we are about to see a stimulus for that company beginning perhaps as early as this evening........... What I'm talking about is this week's PGA tournament in Phoenix with a pre-tourney telecast this evening on Golf Channel. I've heard that First Solar is a primary sponsor of that tourney which is advertised as The Waste Management Green Tournament............... I happen to be a golf fan, so my ears perked up when I heard First Solar mentioned in the same breath with that PGA event which actually is played Thursday through Sunday............Here's hoping we get a little POP in FSLR as a result.
    We'd get along just fine, big golf fan here too. I don't know if that sponsorship will make for a pop though but hopefully your right.

I looked at it at a more technical buy. Wayyy oversold, bouncing off trend lines etc.

Denc....couldn't quite see your chart on FSLR, did you put a buy in right above the 50% fib retrace point at 27.68?

Mentor
    01-30-2013, 11:56 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundeeez View Post
    We'd get along just fine, big golf fan here too. I don't know if that sponsorship will make for a pop though but hopefully your right.

I looked at it at a more technical buy. Wayyy oversold, bouncing off trend lines etc.

Denc....couldn't quite see your chart on FSLR, did you put a buy in right above the 50% fib retrace point at 27.68?
    Yes Sundeez, thats correct. I have a 50% at 27.66. So, I put the buy in a bit abvove that. May re test it here soon....

Page 2 of 7 1234 ...