Legend
    06-01-2010, 01:31 PM #1

GOP Epic Fail on Health Reform Repeal

What else did you expect. Anyone with half a brain knew the American people werent going to want to repeal it with so many beneficial provisions. Now that all the lies and hoopla have died down lets give it a chance to work and keep improving it when need be.

http://demfromct.dailykos.com/

P.S. Sorry S&L but i had to change the topic. I came back from the mountains and was absolutely bored by your last post on the stimulus. Sounded like a bunch of talking points one has heard a zillion times. Please dont cry for John to come to the rescue; he's a wacko and we like the political thread free of outright pricks.
    Hope you had a good holiday.

Guru
    06-01-2010, 01:39 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    What else did you expect. Anyone with half a brain knew the American people werent going to want to repeal it with so many beneficial provisions. Now that all the lies and hoopla have died down lets give it a chance to work and keep improving it when need be.

http://demfromct.dailykos.com/

P.S. Sorry S&L but i had to change the topic. I came back from the mountains and was absolutely bored by your last post on the stimulus. Sounded like a bunch of talking points one has heard a zillion times. Please dont cry for John to come to the rescue; he's a wacko and we like the political thread free of outright pricks.
    Hope you had a good holiday.
    Go ahead and change away. You're not bored, you know your parties sins.

I was told today one of the company benefits I enjoy most will be taken away due to this new bill (flexible spending). That's really a downer especially if you wear glasses. Mr. Details, can you verify this to be true? Why would this be taken away. It's a great benefit.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 06-01-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: you are is not your

Legend
    06-01-2010, 01:50 PM #3
    Always thinking of the negative huh S&L? Didnt your vacation bring some
    long needed positive thinking back into your life?
    I quess we will have to check on the glasses matter. Now that i require reading glasses i NEED to know the answer. Lol.

P.S. i keep thinking back to that time when the Republicans controlled all three branches of govt for 6 years and did absolutely nothing to change the impending housing crisis (matter of fact they exacerbated it) and a whole host of other problems.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-01-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Guru
    06-01-2010, 01:59 PM #4

P.S. i keep thinking back to that time when the Republicans controlled all three branches of govt for 6 years and did absolutely nothing to change the impending housing crisis (matter of fact they exacerbated it) and a whole host of other problems.
    They were stonewalled by democrats, duh.

Now are you going answer the question on flexible spending?? Why would this great benefit be taken away from me, and what will replace it? Don't make me ask John lol.

The beauty of flexible spending is that I can buy a $500 pair of glasses in January and get reimbursed immediately (tax free). Dependant care is different.

Legend
    06-01-2010, 02:05 PM #5
    Oh come on now. 6 years of total control by Republicans of House, Senate and Presidency. i could complain about the Republicans now stonewalling Obama, but he keeps plugging away despite the hinderances. Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for eliminating regulations and getting in bed with all the big money interests and lobbyists. Not to mention their utter lack of foresight about the problems that were developing under their watch that were about to bring us the 2nd worst recession in our history, and bring the worlds financial system to its knees. The buck stops there. Funny how Obama can admit fault and Bush wasnt capable of it at all.

Legend
    06-01-2010, 02:08 PM #6
    I'll work on your question about flexible spending, but it would be awful nice if you mention some of the things in the new health care plan that might be helpiing you out a bit.

Guru
    06-01-2010, 02:12 PM #7
    I'll work on your question about flexible spending, but it would be awful nice if you mention some of the things in the new health care plan that might be helpiing you out a bit.
    This is one part of the frustration about the bill. What's in it? How do you filter through the 9000 pages and get the salient points. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you something funny.

Legend
    06-01-2010, 02:20 PM #8
    Ok wil send you a PM.
    Yeah its a big bill but there are some good articles on the main components; who they help, and when they kick in. I posted one in this thread a while back and can find it and post again.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Legend
    06-01-2010, 02:36 PM #9
    Here is a website with a lot of health care info. Not the list i posted before but.....

http://www.healthreform.gov/

Guru
    06-03-2010, 09:11 PM #10
    Well?

Got a nice check today. Flexible spending allows one to save money TAX FREE for authorized medical expenses such as OTC medicine, deductables, contact lenses (and auxillaries), birth control...... This program allows ME to make decisions. It allows me PERSONAL FREEDOM. It gives me control of what I want to do with me and my families well being. My guess is that the new legislations takes this away. The government, especially a liberal one, doesn't want me making decisions -- Nancy and her posse can do it better!!!!!