Page 1 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    11-06-2008, 11:33 PM #1

Retail

All of the dozen or more retailers that I have been in lately seem to have the same old, tired and dusty satrad display. It seems that any reply to a question about the company or service is met with a blank stare. Wouldn't it be worthwhile to at least put a small effort toward increasing retail sales, especially with car sales in the crapper? Wouldn't it be worthwhile to do anything? You can't just sit on your hands and cry about the economy.

I just saw that Tweeters a high end retailer is going to be closing at least three stores in my area.

sxminvestor

I hope that you are right but it wouldn't hurt to advertise a new and improved COMING SOON!

You can promote a product that has not yet been be released by.......

sending out Sirius XM posters to be put on the display cases explaining the merger and stating that A NEW IMPROVED SIRIUS XM Sirius XM is COMING SOON!.
    This would have cost almost nothing to do!
    Store traffic would have been seeing this for the last two months.

It would have also eliminated a lot of the blank stares by by the sales staffs.

Maybe it would have gotten the sales people interested by just wondering what the new and improved Sirius could be.
    Maybe it would have gotten them talking about what it could be with customers who in turn might have talked about it with friends and family.
    Maybe just __% of these people would become subscribers.

Doing nothing is not acceptible!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by J56D; 11-08-2008 at 01:03 AM.

Banned
    11-07-2008, 02:48 AM #2
    I know the feeling J56D. I went into the local Best Buy a few weeks back and the salesperson knew that they had radios, but couldn't sell me one if I was looking to buy. She did not know they had merged. They had no materials on new plans or pricing. The new radios were hidden away with the old ones. I pointed out to her "Ala-carte". She had no idea.

If they do not properly train salespersons, the product HAS TO sell itself. Sitting in the back of the store hidden away, it becomes more difficult.

Addict
    11-07-2008, 10:53 AM #3
    FORD offering a free 2 year subscription that is built into the selling price of the car to both lift car sales and to encourage people to try satellite radio. It is a hugw win, win that will increase sales for the manufacturer and SIRI. This is a good move. Not a quick fix, but a nice step in the right direction. Way to go Ford.

Multi paged, colored ads in todays NY Post for Sirius with coupon for free 3 months when you sign up for best of both–Its about time they did something.
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 11-07-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: double posting

Mentor
    11-07-2008, 10:55 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    FORD offering a free 2 year subscription that is built into the selling price of the car to both lift car sales and to encourage people to try satellite radio. It is a hugw win, win that will increase sales for the manufacturer and SIRI. This is a good move. Not a quick fix, but a nice step in the right direction. Way to go Ford.

Do you have a link for that news and offer?

Addict
    11-07-2008, 12:18 PM #5
    demian

no link it was on an tv ad in las vegas.

11-07-2008, 03:41 PM #6
    I wonder if that offer was at the dealership level and not at the corp level. Dealers can easily add a few hundred to the price tag in the negotiation process. There is not free, customers are paying for it either way lol. Great marketing tool. consumers love the words REBATES and FREE.

11-07-2008, 09:41 PM #7
    Ditto. I've posted before on how lousy Sirius and XM product placement is at Best Buy. Also, since SiriusXM has not done its job to market itself as a merged entity, we still see Sirius and XM products separately placed on shelves, which makes shoppers think that the companies remain competitors. The marketing people at SiriusXm should be fired, and someone that knows something about brand exposure should be hired to "get the word out" that SiriusXM is combined. It's really disappointing to say the least....

11-07-2008, 09:42 PM #8
    My ditto above is regarding J56D's driving post at the top of the thread....

Addict
    11-07-2008, 11:01 PM #9
    PMO

What retail..It's PATHETIC as best!!!

Addict
    11-07-2008, 11:27 PM #10
    How could you promote a product that has not yet been released. ?

They are just barely Nov 12th releasing the new channel lineup of the merged entity. By Thanksgiving, you will start seeing the mailers and advertisements, retail posters.

Advertising in the last 2 months would be like pissing away $ - nobody cares right now and wants to spend, but a new fresh product and holiday season coming, it makes sense to start soon.

Good move Mel.

Page 1 of 2 12