Page 5 of 15 ... 34567 ...
    Mentor
    11-11-2008, 07:15 PM #41
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/11/th...xm_fans-2.html

Gizmodo
    ENTERTAINMENT

The Complete New XM Sirius Channel Listing (Sorry XM Fans)

The spawn of the XM Sirius fusion emerges tomorrow, and Orbitcast has picked up the complete channel listing for XM subscribers that goes into effect in less than 24 hours. It's fairly grim for some diehard XM fans—a lot of rock stations have been erased (bye bye punk channel) or are being replaced by Sirius pseudo-equivalents. Hit the jump for the full list, but it might not be pretty. Makes those new la carte XM plans sound pretty good, right?
    Did your favourite channel get the axe?

Mentor
    11-11-2008, 11:39 PM #42
    I was just looking over the new channel lineup and I just realized that they are getting rid of a bunch of my other favorite channels too!!!! This sucks!!!!!!

They are getting rid of all of these channels and genres of music....

Fine Tuning - eclectic

Chrome - disco

The Rhyme - old school break beat

Beyond Jazz - modern jazz/fusion

Fungus - punk/ska/electric surf

also.......

XMX - no more Artist Confidential?

POTUS - It is remaining in name only. It will suck now that they have fired the program director and host, Scott Walterman - along with the whole rest of the hosts and staff. It's just going to be a bunch of automated news and C-SPAN feeds.

But I get all of these single artist channels......

Elvis

Bruce Springsteen

Grateful Dead

Led Zepplin

AC/DC

Even if you are a big fan of any of these artists - you wont be as big of one anymore after listening to them over and over 24/7..........

What is Sirius management thinking?

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 12:11 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I was just looking over the new channel lineup and I just realized that they are getting rid of a bunch of my other favorite channels too!!!! This sucks!!!!!!

They are getting rid of all of these channels and genres of music....

Fine Tuning - eclectic

Chrome - disco

The Rhyme - old school break beat

Beyond Jazz - modern jazz/fusion

Fungus - punk/ska/electric surf

also.......

XMX - no more Artist Confidential?

POTUS - It is remaining in name only. It will suck now that they have fired the program director and host, Scott Walterman - along with the whole rest of the hosts and staff. It's just going to be a bunch of automated news and C-SPAN feeds.

But I get all of these single artist channels......

Elvis

Bruce Springsteen

Grateful Dead

Led Zepplin

AC/DC

Even if you are a big fan of any of these artists - you wont be as big of one anymore after listening to them over and over 24/7..........

What is Sirius management thinking?
    ACDC and Zepplin will go away, Boneyard i belive is replacing ACDC and i assume Faction will replace Fungus if not that will zeplend

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 12:21 AM #44
    I hate all that action sports crap on Faction! I doubt it will be as good after they fired all those DJ's too.....

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 01:26 AM #45
    Besides all of my favorite channels that they are canceling now.....they have already canceled all of my other favorite channels too!

Here is a list of all of my other favorite XM channels that they have already canceled.....

MSNBC

Hear Music/ XM cafe

XM Music Lab

Special X (it was great fun)

On the Rocks (Lounge Music - another whole genre gone!)

XM Live (Live concerts)

ABC News & Talk

XM news (another great Scott Walterman creation)

Babble On

Discovery Radio

The Torch (another music genre gone!)

VH1 Radio

CNET radio

LUNA (latin jazz - another music genre gone!)

Goodbye diversity............

Leave it to a bunch of idiots in suits to cancel all of my favorite channels and programming ......
    Last edited by Demian; 11-12-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 01:56 AM #46
    2 out of 3 comedy channels from XM made it to the list, but it was the 3rd that was my favorite. They had some awsome specials that I liked to listen to, and download to my iphone to listen to later (since XM doesn't make a F***ing wifi enabled portable).

I hope that the quality programing gets moved to another one of the channels.

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 02:22 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    2 out of 3 comedy channels from XM made it to the list, but it was the 3rd that was my favorite. They had some awsome specials that I liked to listen to, and download to my iphone to listen to later (since XM doesn't make a F***ing wifi enabled portable).

I hope that the quality programing gets moved to another one of the channels.
    Me too Newman....and thanks for pointing that out to me. I was so focused on the music channels that I missed that. They had some good stuff on that channel. I hope that the new programming is as good....

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 03:04 AM #48
    I just found out that another one of my favorite XM channels has just been taken away now too - even though it was on the new XM channel lineup list!

Cinemagic is gone...........

My favorite XM channel, Beyond Jazz, just went off of the air for good a few minutes ago....so I tuned over to Cinemagic and found out that it is now gone too!

They are killing all of my favorite channels - one by one........

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 03:35 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I just found out that another one of my favorite XM channels has just been taken away now too - even though it was on the new XM channel lineup list!

Cinemagic is gone...........

My favorite XM channel, Beyond Jazz, just went off of the air for good a few minutes ago....so I tuned over to Cinemagic and found out that it is now gone too!

They are killing all of my favorite channels - one by one........
    Cinemagic is gone for 2 months, It will return after holidays

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 04:03 AM #50
    Oh crap!

I just found out that XM's Full BBC World Service feed is being replaced by the Sirius BBC News only feed.......

This sucks! They had a lot of good programming on that channel and it was my mom's other favorite channel that she would listen to besides POTUS.

Now Sirius management is gutting my mom's two favorite channels! Firing all of the staff and hosts at POTUS and giving her only the news feed of the BBC. Who wants to listen to news updates over and over all day long? Isn't having a news update on the top of the hour enough?

Well there you go - Sirius management screwing with my mom's two favorite channels that she listened to during her long commute back and forth to work everyday. This is turning out a lot worse than I ever imagined.....

Page 5 of 15 ... 34567 ...