Page 14 of 15 ... 412131415
    Mentor
    01-27-2009, 02:52 PM #131
    Scott Greczkowski
    On My Soapbox (rant mode on!)

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/The...t_mode_on_.php
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 01-27-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: No need for the entire article, the link will do just fine.

Mentor
    01-28-2009, 04:01 AM #132
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; Yesterday at 10:58 AM. Reason: No need for the entire article, the link will do just fine.
    That's fine if you want to erase my post Charles, but FYI I didn't post the entire article. I only quoted the part of the article that dealt with Sirius/XM and left out the part that didn't. I did this to save people time, but whatever.......it's your site.

I TRY to only post relevant information and leave out the parts that aren't. I spend a lot of time following the Sirius/XM news flow on a daily basis. I don't post everything that I find. I leave out many articles that say basically the same thing etc.. I also don't post every single article in it's entirety or even at all - many times just the link. If it's breaking news or seems really important and/or topical or may get deleted etc. - I post it. Believe it or not, I also have other things in my life going on that need my attention and I don't always have the time to quote just the "important part or parts". My bias has been towards getting the information out there as soon as possible. My post in the intraday thread today about The Young Turks being fired from Sirius/XM was changed on their website within minutes of me posting it. If I wouldn't have posted that, no one would have been able to read the original at all. BTW I edited that one too - I left out the big part about You Tube and only posted the part about Sirius/XM. Sirius/XM legal more than likely got to them. It's the same thing that happened to Scott Walterman's website when he had posted that he was fired and it vanished right away. Thanks to me, the original post saying he had been fired, and all of his comments about this, is intact at the beginning of this thread. In the intraday thread, I assume that people want the news NOW and I try to deliver it as fast as I can - saving them from having to click around through ad screens etc.. BTW, the whole Intraday Thread was my idea and it was created at my suggestion. For a long time in the beginning, I was the only one posting on it and keeping it flowing. I was committed to putting in the time and effort to get it started - under the theory that if I you build it, they will come. My vision was for it to become a vibrant place of information and discussion about the daily news and happenings of Sirius/XM. I had always hoped that other people would get involved and help out - and it appears to be working towards what I had hoped...

People know what this specific thread is about and they don't have to read this shit if they don't want to. Apparently, some people do want to read the shit in this thread - based on how many views this thread has...

Now you got me too paranoid to post anything........and I was just going to post this really topical piece that I just came across. I can't be in the zone now...

I guess I have been spoiled by the semblance of an uncensored arena to be passionate and creatively free in with what I was doing all of this time. It's kind of like when Howard Stern says that he doesn't really want to swear all the time, but it's more about the creative freedom of knowing that he can and that he won't be censored......it helps him relax, be more creative, and improves everything else - even if he doesn't swear at all...

Are the programming/content decisions at SiriusBuzz going to resemble some of the sucky programming/content decisions at Sirius/XM? You are already scaling back the live radio show to just 2 times a month.....Bubba is now on live twice as much.

BTW, the article I was just about to post was about how Sirius/XM has been censoring the Opie & Anthony show and how it is killing the creativity and passion in the show.

How ****ing ironic is that?

I guess people will have to search the internet and find it themselves this time...if it's still there.

Unlike Howard, I get paid absolutely zero dollars for this and can take a vacation or quit whenever I want....

I bet this post will get erased too......

Demian
    Last edited by Demian; 01-28-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Head Honcho
    01-28-2009, 02:07 PM #133
    Its not about censoring, its about doing the right thing. I wouldn't want people to copy our an entire article onto their site, I would much rather they post a link so people visit. Its about net etiquette. Sorry if you were offended.

We are only doing 2 shows per month now because we are low on content and frankly don't have the time. I think the last couple of shows have been much more entertaining because we aren't scrambling for content to talk about.

We only have a few people calling in and listening to the live show in comparison to the hundreds who listen to the archived show every week and as soon as the number of fans and content warrant 4 shows per month, I am sure we will revisit the topic.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-28-2009, 03:45 PM #134
    I hope being new to this site allows me to ask this question.
    What show, where can I listen to it?

01-28-2009, 04:01 PM #135
    Quote Originally Posted by DADEO View Post
    I hope being new to this site allows me to ask this question.
    What show, where can I listen to it?
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Sirius-...-Radio-Show-36

Mentor
    01-28-2009, 06:34 PM #136
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Its not about censoring, its about doing the right thing. I wouldn't want people to copy our an entire article onto their site, I would much rather they post a link so people visit. Its about net etiquette. Sorry if you were offended.

We are only doing 2 shows per month now because we are low on content and frankly don't have the time. I think the last couple of shows have been much more entertaining because we aren't scrambling for content to talk about.

We only have a few people calling in and listening to the live show in comparison to the hundreds who listen to the archived show every week and as soon as the number of fans and content warrant 4 shows per month, I am sure we will revisit the topic.
    Charles,

Thanks for your diplomatic response. I do respect your reasoning and point of view. I'm all about the net etiquette and am sensitive to that - that's why I always post a link to everything I post when possible and ask others to do the same when they post something without a link. I have seen SiriusBuzz articles posted around the net without a link a handful of times and I always yell at them and link back to the site. The short bashers loved posting your last article about "Why Sirius XM Will Not Survive". There are some websites I am more sensitive to than others - The Motley Fool is not one of them, but other sat rad sites such as Orbitcast are (I only post a short quote if anything when I link to anything from Orbitcast).

As far as the radio show goes... It's one hour a week by phone for crying out loud. This is not the time to bail on the weekly show with the stock price where it is and all of the things going on now and all that is to be faced just right around the corner. There were recently some buffering problems with the live feed of the show which made it impossible to listen to live - even over a high speed internet connection. This may have explained the drop off in live listeners and an increase in more downloads of the show recently. It appears to be working better now, as of the last show. No content? There are tons of things to talk about. Tons, I tell you.....

Get some more guests.....

Talk about the credit market and the bonds....

Talk about the DirecTV and Dish Network deals...

If you want the SiriusBuzz momentum to continue, now is not the time to bail on the weekly show IMHO.

Nothing worth anything comes without some kind of fight....

Demian
    Last edited by Demian; 01-28-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Addict
    01-28-2009, 06:48 PM #137

SiriusBuzz radio show

I agree.....now is not the time.... I thought the show was good last week.. and it seems to be building up with more listeners....If there is anyway I could help with monitoring or maybe some of the other guys could help to reduce your berden and give you all a break every other week maybe that would help... I dont know if that actually possible but its a idea!

Head Honcho
    01-28-2009, 07:01 PM #138
    The momentum of SiriusBuzz is to the point that we can barely keep up. Tyler and I both have day jobs and we do the best we can. I know the show is just an hour but on top of that I spend time preparing topics and to be frank, I don't have a free 15 minutes never mind an hour.

On top of Siriusbuzz I am responsible for a dozen or so other websites and I freelance develop new sites for a growing list of clientele everyday.

BTW, I would love to get more guests but we don't even have time to do that. If anyone has someone in mind and a way to contact them, I would be happy to fire off some emails and phone calls.

As far as discussion points for the show... if its finance or stock related email Tyler and give him the suggestions!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-28-2009, 10:14 PM #139
    Sounds like you and Tyler need to reassess your priorities...

Personal Life Coach?
    Last edited by Demian; 01-28-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 01:14 AM #140
    I cant speak for Tyler but my priorities are spot on.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder