Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    11-06-2008, 02:14 PM #11
    Ok, thanks. The timing is interesting and I liked your point that this was a formality that has been passed.

Mentor
    11-06-2008, 02:43 PM #12
    Homer - you are the Man!

Thank you so much for your insight and knowledge.

Addict
    11-06-2008, 05:39 PM #13
    DEMIAN...

Your buddy at motley was cruel again today...I read your comments when he posts siri news...he must do it intentionally now to taunt you to see how you comment.

Mentor
    11-06-2008, 05:43 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    DEMIAN...

Your buddy at motley was cruel again today...I read your comments when he posts siri news...he must do it intentionally now to taunt you to see how you comment.
    I have no buddies at The Motley Fool....

I wouldn't be surprised if they started deleting my comments under their articles pretty soon....

Addict
    11-06-2008, 06:01 PM #15
    DEMIAN...what do you think about this?

i found this post…make any sense?

This will be the first SIRI Conference Call I can remember to be held after hours rather than in the morning. I think there are two possible explanations….. Common wisdom has always been that you reveal good news in the morning, to affect trading, and delay bad news until after hours. That doesn’t seem to fit this time since earnings will be revealed in the morning, revenue and EBITDA guidance is holding up, and slowing sub growth has already been disclosed….. The other, and perhaps more likely explanation is that something significant is scheduled for Monday and SIRI wants to command attention when they make the announcement. Could that be refinancing, particular after the strange timing of the announcement of projections?

I’m clinging to the hope that Mel is setting a trap for shortie. New financing should do the trick.

Great Strategy by the CEO?
    The shorties will start thinking tonite!

Enthusiast
    11-06-2008, 06:08 PM #16
    Doesn't Mel seem to report good news in the morning? I would have to guess that a 4:30 call would not be held to announce great news. I don't think it will be bad news...just nothing that would cause any pops. Hope I'm wrong.

Mentor
    11-06-2008, 06:22 PM #17
    I don't know if you can read into the timing of the CC too much. Lots of companies have their calls after the bell. There is more likely to be a short squeeze in AH than during regular trading.....IMO.

I don't know what goes into the scheduling of the call after the bell vs. before the bell. You can speculate, but I wouldn't read into it too much. Good and bad news is reported before the bell and after the bell all of the time....

Apple always has their calls after the bell.

Addict
    11-06-2008, 06:29 PM #18
    Will be a long weekend and long monday to wait for the CC...just hope it pays off in some way and we begin the climb back to .75-1.00 the next few weeks. I am being hopeful we can be back to a 1.00 by end of 2008.

you think so Demian?

Addict
    11-06-2008, 06:36 PM #19
    The report stated, “The lowered subscriber outlook reflects both the weak auto market and a higher saturation of natural demand for the product, in our view.

Would this statement seem to reflect on lower auto sales or lack of consumer interest?

Mentor
    11-06-2008, 06:38 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    Will be a long weekend and long monday to wait for the CC...just hope it pays off in some way and we begin the climb back to .75-1.00 the next few weeks. I am being hopeful we can be back to a 1.00 by end of 2008.

you think so Demian?
    Boy, I hope so SiriusHope........I really hope so.

I am pretty confident that SIRI will recover. I really believe that the current stock price is mostly due to short term manipulation, in spite of the horrible market, and it will be manipulated back up......IMO.

Page 2 of 3 123