Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    11-05-2008, 06:50 PM #1

We need brand recognition

Brand Recognition

As the number of manufacturers including Sirius XM in their products increase, Sirius needs a way to let consumers know that their product is involved. Consumers looking for the product will appreciate the ease by which they can quickly identify that Sirius is paired with this device.

Think of this as the "Intel Inside" advertising model. I can look at my laptop and tell that it has an Intel chip and MS Vista. When shopping for it, I didn't have to look too hard to determine which computer I wanted. Sirius can include a logo decal for each device that contains Sirius. When you look at the product, you can determine within seconds that it either does or does not have Sirius.

For larger ticket items, like cars, trucks, or SUVs (I know, but gas prices are coming down), you could put a decal on the window if it is a standard feature. This helps a car buyer identify a feature on the car. Anything that can sell a car is a plus in this tough market. Commercials could show a little icon in the corner.

Product branding is important, especially when other manufacturers are creating their own devices. Anything that helps the consumer buy Sirius can make the sale much easier. You wouldn't want the consumer to get confused and accidentally buy some crappy HD Radio.

Guru
    11-05-2008, 10:06 PM #2
    Funny, you say that about the emblem on the window, i just saw the focus or one of fords cars had the sirius logo on the driver side window. also, at the end of i think the sante fe commercial is a flashing xm logo that says something like "xm inside"

Addict
    11-05-2008, 10:22 PM #3
    Thanks IMROMO for your response...I will look for them now when i see a ford product.

Guru
    11-06-2008, 09:30 AM #4
    I checked the lot at work today, it was a Mercury Milan. It has the dog logo and says "Sirius satellite Radio Equipped"

Pretty cool. Lets hope they keep it up and expand to the other models if not so already.

Come back with an update if you see anything.

At the end of one of our shows the girl says that her husband is still planning on buying great gifts for everyone, then the mom goes "you better tell him to not get me anything" and the daughter says "he's getting you sirius radio" and them mom goes "really oh, ok, never mind"

Addict
    11-06-2008, 11:32 AM #5
    Thanks IMROMO...I will be giving few gifts as well for xmas and hope most of the shareholders do the same with multi year sub.

Enthusiast
    11-06-2008, 01:31 PM #6
    Doing the same. Lifetime sub for my Dad.

Addict
    11-06-2008, 04:51 PM #7
    anyone have suggestions for more brand recognition?

Guru
    11-07-2008, 08:21 AM #8

Test Driving

I went test driving cars last night. Dodge Challenger and Ford Edge.

I have to say the Challenger had a nicer voice recognition setup, it offered suggestions if you didn't know voice commands. One of the Voice commands was "Say FM, AM or Satellite"

The Ford Dealership had a 6'x3' display for Sirius which was pretty cool to see.

The thing that caught my attention was that even though I knew both vehicles had Sirius I (even a very technical person) had trouble figuring out how to get the radio to be on satellite. Then I also had a difficult time getting to the channel I wanted. Not to say that after one full day with the car that I wouldn't have all my favorites programmed but the initial jump in the car didn't catch my attention.

So, I would like to see a small placard, I say a 3x3 card with a tab on it that fits into the CD player so that it hangs in front of the radio and has SIRIUS Logo and introduction to satellite radio.
    I think that would be excellent in also selling the vehicle, I mean, you can tell it has a sunroof, you can tell it has leather seats, but there isn't anything that jumps out that "You are about to buy a special vehicle that is equipped with something special, sirius satellite radio"

I bet there are thousands of people that have sirius in their vehicle that don't even know it!

Guru
    11-07-2008, 12:48 PM #9
    i sent my suggestion to sirius advertising.

Mentor
    11-07-2008, 07:04 PM #10
    I do like the idea of a sticker that says Sirius Inside or XM Inside. I think they should send all current subscribers a sticker to put on their vehicles (or at least to those that request them). I would definately put one in my car.

I agree that Sirius / XM is difficult to find in a new vehicle, unless they have a navigation system that displays AM/FM/XM on the screen. Some know about it but don't realize that it comes free for the first few months. It would definately help to have something to make it more prominant and obvious, along with a current channel guide saying "Enjoy your free 3/6/12 month subscription to Sirius / XM Radio!"

Definately also need to let potential subscribers know that they can save money buy going to a long term contract.

Page 1 of 2 12