Page 1 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 06:56 PM #1

Q3 moved to nov 10th

Next Earnings Date: November 10, 2008 Earnings are probably the most closely followed aspect of a firm's income statement as an indicator of profitability. Also referred to as the net income for a specified period of time, earnings are equal to a company's after-tax income on the income statement. The net income is calculated by taking revenues and adjusting for depreciation, interest, taxes and expenses incurred through business operations. Annual Earnings and Estimates

IF A COMPANY MOVES BACK EARNINGS RELEASE IS THAT A GOOD SIGN OR A BAD SIGHN??

THAT DAM HARTLIEB PISSED OFF MEL..LOL..

WAR/\ STEELERS POUNDING THE SKINS. VOTING IN UNDER 1 HR. AND MEL WITH SIRIUS XM GIVING US SOME GOOD NEWS

11-03-2008, 07:55 PM #2
    In most instances, moving earnings up is a bad thing. Moving them back more than likely isn't a good thing either. This leads me to believe that they are possibly having difficulties ironing out numbers.

This however is understandable since it will be the first full quarter with both companies under the same umbrella.

Just my opinion.

11-03-2008, 08:06 PM #3
    Keeping it factual, Sirius has not announced an earnings date yet. If they have announced a date, and then move it -- then I'd agree with you. However there has been no official announcement of a date. It's kind of hard to move a date that hasn't been announced.

Any speculation of an earnings date before the official announcement is just that, speculation.

-------

Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 08:49 PM #4
    My Brokarage firm has released this date.. but like you say nothing offical.. so Im still hoping and wishing for good info soon..or..

11-03-2008, 09:19 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by APEXSPORTS View Post
    My Brokarage firm has released this date.. but like you say nothing offical.. so Im still hoping and wishing for good info soon..or..
    I hear you Apex, but just note -- other than the last earnings release for XM (at the closing of the merger), both Sirius and XM have always put out a press release of when they would be releasing their earnings. And over the years of watching these equities, my brokerage (and several other sites) have always put out dates ahead of time -- but those dates were just speculation based on when their analysts believe it will happen... but that doesn't make it accurate. Until I see an official PR announcing the date, anything posted on any site is just speculation.

And FWIW, I too have heard that 11/10 would be the date. But that is just mindless speculation from me.

--

11-03-2008, 10:27 PM #6
    I agree with Homer985. If you get a quote from your online brokerage and click on earnings, you will get the announcement and explanation of how important earnings are. These are estimated dates and general definitions of the importance of earnings to a company. If you go to Sirius' site and sign up for email notifications of "Press Releases", this has been the best and most reliable way to get scheduled earnings release dates in the past. You will also get notices of SEC filings if so desired.

Head Honcho
    11-03-2008, 11:04 PM #7

Fwiw

FWIW I had felt it would be this Wednesday or Thursday, but now feel that Moday is the day. Look for a PR in the next two days or so
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    11-04-2008, 10:51 PM #8
    I was obviously wrong about my prediction of Tuesdays press release regarding earnings, but I am sticking by my next Tuesday release of earnings. Perhaps tomorrow or Thursday they will release the PR.

Enthusiast
    11-04-2008, 11:15 PM #9
    NEWMAN YOU MUST BE A COWBOYS FAN

ME AND MY SUZZ ARE GOING TO THE STEELERS COWBOYS GAME IN DECEMBER

ITS A DANG SHAME YOUR BOYZ ARE GONNA GET SPANKED

PEACE

Mentor
    11-04-2008, 11:25 PM #10
    With Romo, Witten, and Felix Jones healthy, I will place money that you are wrong.

With them out? I'll take the spanking, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12