Page 2 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 09:28 AM #11
    Further proof is that Mel had no plans in place upon merger approval. Because his job was only to get the two companies merged for Leon Black, whom brought Mel out of retirement. Mel will be well compensated by Leon Black in the end. Mel's skin in the game is only a smoke screen. He stands to lose nothing.

Addict
    11-03-2008, 10:14 AM #12
    XM...YOU hit it on the head about Mel. TO HELL WITH MEL!!!

11-03-2008, 01:52 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginsirius View Post
    This feeling of betrayal was ratcheted up a notch when Mel promised NO Reverse Split or further dilution at the same time Sirius issued a proxy asking for a 1 for 50 Reverse split and 4 BILLION more shares of dilution!!!
    Keeping it factual, Karmazin never made a "promise" of "no reverse split" or further dilution.

Kindof hard to break a promise that was never made.

11-03-2008, 02:02 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Further proof is that Mel had no plans in place upon merger approval.
    No offense, but you have NO idea of what their plans were or weren't upon merger closing.

I know you'll respond and say that had he had a plan in place -- then things wouldn't be like they are right now, but that argument is bogus. Because even the most detailed of plans set up ahead of time can come crashing down for many various reasons. With the crash of the debt market as the merger was closing -- it is very possible (if not likely) -- that the crash would have killed any plan set up ahead of time. Don't believe me? Look at the Clear Channel deal to go private. They had their refinancing completely set up -- and publicly announced -- ahead time only to have it fall apart due to the crashing of the debt market.

IMHO, I believe that you are being very presumptuous about such a claim.

----

Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 02:03 PM #15

Attn: Friggin

Well, are you happy now with what your hero, Hartlieb just did to the stock price, and the value of your investment?

Do you really believe that he is working for YOUR best interest?

Any upside momentum has just been broken. I expect to see it back down to the mid twenties again.

Way to go!

11-03-2008, 02:16 PM #16
    And FWIW, I wish the best of luck to those of you joining Hartleib -- not Hartleib himself -- but those of you who are joining him. I hope you've shielded yourself from the possible countersuits.

Reading his complaint only confirmed my suspicions about him that I've discussed at length... he is only furthering his agenda that he has had for a couple years now. But now he's suckering in you guys to help foot the bill, playing off your emotions of a depressed stock price. Emotions need to be checked at the door when it comes to the stock market.

Ask yourself this... if Karmazin did do what Hartleib claims, taking the company private at a cheap price -- do you really believe that there wouldn't be a slew of lawsuits? Of course there would. Or do you believe that there wouldn't be a bunch of lawsuits if any of the accusations that Hartleib made came true? Of course there would. So why then would you rush out to join Hartleib now, being a party to potentially libelous statements and putting yourselves in a position for a countersuit?

If any of what Hartleib alleges is true, then there will be lawsuits out the wazzoo that all shareholders could be a party to -- and not have to worry about reprecussions -- due to a disgruntled shareholder with an ax to grind against the company. I have no problem sitting on the sidelines watching you guys take the bullet. If it's true, I'll have no problem joining one of the OTHER numerous lawsuits that would be filed -- but I trully believe that that won't happen. So for now, best of luck to you... I hope you're protected.

---------

Addict
    11-03-2008, 04:59 PM #17
    HOMER

If you read the actual lawsuit...Michael is the only one named as plaintiff in the papers as suing...not the other 500 mentioned in his press release.

Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 05:14 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    HOMER

If you read the actual lawsuit...Michael is the only one named as plaintiff in the papers as suing...not the other 500 mentioned in his press release.
    EXACTLY my point. Where is the benefit to the other 500 shareholders?

I actually believe that Mr. Hartlieb is trying to kill the stock. Filing a lawsuit is one thing. But what is the purpose of publicizing it by sending copies to every news organization and internet site?

Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 05:22 PM #19
    I will wait for the q3 synergys, outlook and what mell has for us before I start the concpieracy therory etc.. remember this will be the first qrt since we merged and mell has been cutting costs etc.. hartlieb and others will look like an ass if mel has refinancing we beat est.. and stock shooys up to .75$ in a day

Enthusiast
    11-03-2008, 05:36 PM #20
    What Apex said.

Page 2 of 3 123