Page 1 of 19 12311 ...
    Mentor
    11-01-2008, 10:47 PM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 11/03/08

Also known as the Demian Stock Update thread....

Lets keep UP the UPTICKS.

11-02-2008, 11:35 AM #2
    This is not to be construed as investment advice but we are getting ready to cycle down again. 5-7 cents.

Just my opinion.

Enthusiast
    11-02-2008, 01:46 PM #3
    3-2-1 buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. Shoot and a miss..

11-02-2008, 06:00 PM #4
    Apex -

What does your analysis tell you we are heading up to?

Thanks

Enthusiast
    11-02-2008, 06:25 PM #5

Conferance Call

Anyone hear when the conferance call is this week?? I would have expected a heads up by the company by now???

Addict
    11-02-2008, 10:43 PM #6
    Good example of RS's...

Sun Microsystems shares dropped close to 8 percent Thursday, closing at $5.21. The company now has a stock-market value of $3.9 billion and has close to $3.5 billion in cash, said thecchief executive Jonathan Schwartz in an interview Thursday after the market closed.

Last November, Sun engineered a one-for-four reverse split that bolstered its stock price from about $5.14 to more than $20 a share.

11-02-2008, 11:13 PM #7
    SiriusHope - You nailed that one.

Mentor
    11-03-2008, 12:51 AM #8
    Here are my thoughts on the action this week:

Sirius will come out and announce their conference call on Tuesday (the 4th), and that the conference call will be held Tuesday the 11th. I believe NASDAQ states that they have to have the CC by the 14th, or second full week of November, but I am not positive on this.

Stock will initially pop upon the announcment, maybe 5-8 cents, and then drop for the rest of the week. It will be sitting around 27-30 Friday at the close, hitting my buy order for 2000 shares at 0.30.

Any other guesses how the week will go? I know that means the stock goes down for the week, but I think people are expecting a bad conference call.
    Last edited by Newman; 11-03-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Addict
    11-03-2008, 08:30 AM #9
    From Consumer reports...

October 31, 2008
    Satellite radio: More interesting, more complicated
    The merger of XM and Sirius satellite radio has started to bear fruit.

Subscribers to each service can now add a select group of channels from the other (called Best of Sirius and Best of XM) for about $4 more per month, which brings the total monthly cost to $16.99. While the selections are limited to a handful of channels that may not suit everyone's taste, Sirius XM Radio says that more new packages are on the way, although it's not yet clear how many of those will graft channels from one service onto the other.

For XM subscribers, the Best of Sirius package available now adds two full-time Howard Stern channels, NASCAR races and shows, NFL games, Martha Stewart Living, and Playboy. For Sirius, subscribers, the Best of XM adds Oprah and Friends, NBA games, the Virus (which includes Opie and Anthony), and NHL games, the PGA Tour, College Sports, and XM Public Radio.

Both services now also offer various packages of their own, such as "mostly music," "news sports and talk," for $9.99 per month. Sirius offers an a la carte package, starting at $6.99 per month, which lets you choose 50 channels (this requires a la carte-capable receiver, such as the Starmate 5 radio and vehicle kit, $130.)

Even with these new offerings, there is still no radio on the market capable of receiving both services in their entirety and there probably won't be anytime soon. As a condition of receiving approval for their merger last summer, XM and Sirius agreed to make it possible to produce such an interoperable radio by next summer.

For now, if you're looking for a satellite radio receiver, you'll be limited to models that access just one service, with the option to add a few channels from the other service for a few dollars more per month. Be sure to check out our Guide to Mobile Electronics for more on audio, video, and GPS systems for your car.

—Jeff Fox

For complete Ratings and recommendations on appliances, cars & trucks, electronic gear, and much more, subscribe today and have access to all of ConsumerReports.org.

Mentor
    11-03-2008, 12:09 PM #10
    SiriusHope,

Thanks for posting that article. Do you have a link to the original source? Try to post links along with articles if at all possible...
    Last edited by Demian; 11-03-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ...