Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    10-26-2008, 05:55 AM #1

A Question For Michael Hartleib

Where the hell is the interoperable radio you said was out there, that only needed a firmware update to work? Please dont tell me that you were wrong. That what the DOJ said was right, and after the DOJ stated it, you still said that you were correct. Please dont tell me that this was just a conspracy theory of yours that turned out to be wrong.

Enthusiast
    10-26-2008, 03:37 PM #2
    Good question where are they? It has been 10 years and cost shareholders 20+ million dollars and yet still no interoperable devices quote COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE. Yet I have a cell phone that is a TV ,GPS, camera, radio ,Mp3 player, photo album calculator ect. All of this and it fits in my shirt pocket. The unit in a dashboard of a car is 20 times the size so what is the problem? Sirius states that dual mode decoding chips are in their radios and that their radios only need a modification to the tuner portion only to become interoperable.

Enthusiast
    10-26-2008, 03:58 PM #3
    What about the firmware update?

Banned
    10-26-2008, 07:27 PM #4
    Sirius states that dual mode decoding chips are in their radios and that their radios only need a modification to the tuner portion only to become interoperable.
    Show me where they say this.

Guru
    10-27-2008, 05:39 AM #5
    hartleib1, that was my question to you. You were the one that said they only needed a firmware update. You said this even after the DOJ which had all the internal documents from SIRI and XMSR, that they dont currently have a interoperable radio ready to go and that it would be at least a year before they get them to after market and 3 years before they would be able to get them into OEMs. Now you say that a company that has a radio that is the biggest steping stone to being really profitable is not going to start them up. That flies in the face of all logic, and totally contradicts the DOJ. Now is it your opinion that the DOJ is part of this conspiracy to keep interoperable radios off the market until now. The fact is, I am sure they have seen all the documents on this that you have and then some or should I say much more.

Enthusiast
    10-27-2008, 04:00 PM #6
    "their radios only need a modification to the tuner portion only "

that little tid-bit above was in the big reply sirius sent to the fcc in response to the list of questions submitted to both xm and sirius from the fcc.

the same document went on and stated the xm devices needed as i recall three things finnished up at that point.

Enthusiast
    10-28-2008, 01:42 AM #7
    Tim I have been to busy to dig it out!

Enthusiast
    10-28-2008, 01:46 AM #8
    John the double protective docs came out after the DOJ ruled, they were not privy to them. The FCC should have informed the DOJ about these docs.

Enthusiast
    10-28-2008, 01:50 AM #9
    Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) has accused Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. chief executive Mel Karmazin of providing misleading testimony to Congress, according to the New York Post.

Brownback yesterday sent a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) asking that redacted portions of a May 27th letter from C3SR be released to the public.

According to The Post, Brownback is concerned that Karmazin wasn't being candid about the companies' efforts to make and market "interoperable" receivers in his testimony to Congress.

"I am very troubled by the notion that Congress may have been misled in its prior hearings on this merger," wrote Brownback in reference to Karmazin

In addition to firing back at C3SR's claims, a spokesman for Sirius-XM said: "There is no contradiction, and Sirius' testimony was completely accurate."

"[This] is another example of our broadcast competitors' willingness to say and do anything to try to stop this merger," the spokesman told the The Post.

[New York Post]

Guru
    10-28-2008, 09:08 AM #10
    hartleib1, As for the documents you speak of, I am not aware of any that the DOJ did not get. The interoperable radio was discussed in congress and elsewhere well before the DOJs second request for internal documents to include any sensitive material. The DOJ did not have to worry about public discloser issues.

Page 1 of 2 12