Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    10-25-2008, 08:48 PM #1

3 months free sub

Does anyone know if this is the truth...I found this post.

Hello, Just wanted to let everyone know that I received an email today from Sirius XM about a promotion for receiving the BEST OF XM for 3 months FREE. Its looks like they will pull in some more revenue from this promotion.

10-25-2008, 09:52 PM #2

Added revenue?

Hey SiriusHope -

How do you figure this will bring in more revenue? If it's free, it's free? Right?

Or are you coming from the angle that many more people will be exposed to the offerings of "Best Of" and will possibly get more people to sign up for it after they try it?

Addict
    10-25-2008, 10:07 PM #3
    AGAIN i was not the one to originally post this. So the projections are not mine.

Maybe it would expose more renewals to more subs.

Addict
    10-25-2008, 10:11 PM #4
    Did anyone else receive this type of email from siriusxm marketing or sales?

Enthusiast
    10-25-2008, 10:26 PM #5
    once you try best of you will switch to it or keep it!! it WILL bring in revenue!! if we can start thinking long term we will be ok.. 1 year from know we will be kicking ourselves in the ass for not buing at .30$ when it trades at 3.00$

peace// war steelers over giants and bucks over penstate

Addict
    10-25-2008, 11:57 PM #6
    I agree APEX...i want to buy more if it should go below .30 again.

10-26-2008, 01:02 AM #7

Added subs

From in investors standpoint I agree that the more current subscribers that add the "Best Of" to their package, the more it would add to the bottom line, obviously. From subscribers standpoint it would be nice to have all of XM and Sirius in one package at the reasonable price of $10-13 per month.

My opinion is that we should be going after the masses by giving people one heck of a radio package for a reasonable price. Maybe $16.95 a month is reasonable for many but I think that if SiriusXM wants to grow the way I think it should grow they should be going after quantity, quantity, quantity. How do they do it? By offering a killer package of everything for $10 a month that anyone who listens to radio couldn't turn down.

I've been a subscriber for a few years now. Prior to that regular radio was fine for me. Why pay for something that I can get for free, right? But now that I have it I couldn't imagine living without it. I think this is similar for most people that don't already have it.

So, some of you have suggested getting free radios out and/or free short term subscriptions, or ??? and I think that would be the way to go possibly. It's one of many I guess.

In regards to free radios, I'm still using my XAct that I paid 29.99 a few years back so I think these things can be produced for much less today.

10-26-2008, 03:56 AM #8

I am the one who posted this on the Yahoo Boards

I still have the email if anyone would like to see it. By giving months free, it will allow people to sample the XM programming and them maybe generate some additional revenue after the 3 months.

Mentor
    10-26-2008, 04:32 AM #9
    SiriusHope:

My understanding is this: If you are a NEW subscriber and sign a contract for a year, you will get 3 months of best of for free.

Basically, it is enticing people to sign the year contract (and pay it up front of course) instead of going month to month. This is how it brings in some quick cash (the year subscription up front).

Addict
    10-26-2008, 12:59 PM #10
    Thanks Newman and Steve for your responses.

Page 1 of 2 12