10-25-2008, 01:45 PM #1

Buzz Radio "Special" Guests Should be Special

Over on the News webpage Shark correctly pointed out that under the WorldSpace article most of the posts, including one that I added, had nothing to do with Tyler's article. For that I apologize because Shark made a good point. To make amends I for one will try to keep my general SIRI posts in the Forum, unless a News article applies specifically to the stock. As a starter, below, I have copied my SIRI related post from under the WorldSpace article to here, with some clean-up edits. I wonder what others think about the suggestion that follows:

Sure would like to learn that the special guest on the next SIRIbuzz radio show is Mel (with his legal counsel in his ear is fine) or any of his key C’s (CFO especially), or the canned CitiG analyst Tony, or that GS hack Mark. No more litigant wanna-be’s, whiners and other time wasters on the show, PLEASE. OR … I’d like to see BuzzRadio air thoughts about the stock coming from an interested, bona fide investigative journalist from a reputable pub such as the WSJ, IW, Barrons, or the like. While the dialogs on this board and the radio show are entertaining, I seek facts at a critical time (Sell, Hold, Buy?). At .25 centavos SIRI is a dark joke for those of us that got in and averaged down based on what have been leveled as executive lies. I remain on hold, avg’d down to 1.15 on a relative bucket load of shares–and very disappointed in Sirius XM management. I know they can do better and they damn well should for the coin they pocket. Further alienating a massive number of forlorn shareholders/subscribers is not smart. Mel, if he has the moral courage, should accept an opportunity to come on the show with some rules prearranged of course and answer some of the charges made against him and his circle. Hearing him provide candid answers to legitimate questions on [Brandon's and Tyler's] show could turn my sentiment positive, and it could have a much-needed positive effect at a far broader level. It could not do much worse to what already has been [done] to the stock’s value. On the other hand, I will expect the worst if Mel continues to skulk in the shadows until the shareholder meeting (by which time SIRI may well be on the pink sheets). Brandon and Tyler, if you truly want to represent us longs then at least contact and offer Mel the invite. If you could swing the event, give us lead time to prepare questions. We could submit our questions ahead of time to you by email. If he accepts, then on the show one or, preferably, both of you could get some answers directly from Mel on our behalf. Compiling and sending him questions in advance would help him prepare to respond and feel more comfortable. The show could even exclude or limit callers’ questions to limit the risk of someone hijacking the show (I’m thinking Hartleib or someone else with an agenda–although they too could submit questions in advance.) You could screen for questions in common and boil them down to a set that can be asked and answered within the show’s time limit. You could determine the top five to 10 questions that longs most want answered, prioritize them and ask them in priority order so we get answers to the most important ones before time expires on the show. I believe that all of us greatly want to know WTF Mel WILL do [to] move SIRI north. Will you accept the mission? If no, then try to get one of the other guests suggested above.
    Last edited by PMO; 10-25-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Addict
    10-25-2008, 04:16 PM #2
    You will never see Mel on this show until they are past this crisis, as he would not be letting information out on a small radio show before doing it on a conference call or special press conference.

I do agree that with all the negativity surrounding this equity that Tyler should try and get someone other than negative Hartleib conspiracy theorist who hears voices in his head and his NAB bashing doosh Greg that called in.

And your right that Tyler shouldn't be so accepting and gullible that this was truly this Greg's (the Professional's - lol) opinion. He obviously had an agenda, not just for Sirius, but Yahoo & Ebay. He should have cut that boiler room loser off and put him in his place.

And Brandon puts out some poorly timed & silly articles like that one saying what great news it was for Sirius when they exchanged debt for equity, but hasn't been on the show for weeks.

Yes, let's get some guests on the more optimistic glass is half full side of things that also don't have a seperate agenda, hopefully.

Enthusiast
    10-25-2008, 05:36 PM #3
    Last week I had an interesting telephone conversation with Paul Blaylock from Sirius Investor Relations. I complained about the lack of corporate commentary from the company. He replied that they have to be very careful about what they say. This because of the reactions to any statements and that there are a lot of angry people out there. I stated that I felt that a lot of the anger was the result of a lack of commentary. I then suggested the Sirius have someone (Mel hopefully) appear on SiriusBuzz radio and he was not against the idea.

I also feel that it makes people leery and gives creedence to conspiracy theories when we have to find out about things by someone finding a SEC filing or something else on line. Wouldn't it be better for the company to come out and say what they did, why they did it and how it will benefit the company. Transparency like this could end a lot of the wild speculation which doesn't do anybody any good.
    Last edited by J56D; 10-25-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Head Honcho
    10-25-2008, 09:20 PM #4

response

As much as I would like to have Mel (or anyone from Sirius XM) on the show, it is not an easy task to accomplish. While I am proud of Sirius Buzz and SiriusBuzz Radio, they are not major publications/operations, and because of that I think it would be hard to get anything meaningful from management in an interview. If they have something to announce, they will announce it in a bigger way than here.

I have extended invitations before, but the stars simply have not alligned as yet to make it happen.

I have been making efforts to have additional guests, but again, it is not always easy, and I do not always have the time to jump through some of the hoops required.

Thank you for the suggestions.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

10-25-2008, 11:26 PM #5
    Tyler, thanks for considering and don't underestimate the value of SiriusBuzz. Elsewhere on the board and some time ago I posted on why I turn to this resource. How about giving us some stats on SiriusBuzz, akin to what gets reported about websites? How many visitors per day. Average per week, month year. Growth in number of visitors over time. Etc. I know that SiriusBuzz is about more than SIRI, but my guess is that way more people follow the articles, stock forum and threads than those of us who contributed one day and got hooked.