Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Mentor
    10-21-2008, 07:02 PM #11
    Does he want the settlement offer from Sirius to go up or the share price to go up?

If his settlement offer goes up, does he care if it's at the expense of the share price going up?

Enthusiast
    10-21-2008, 07:39 PM #12
    IMHO, If Hartleib gets his money back in a settlement, I don't think he cares what happens after that.

This is a point that I have been hitting a bit. He is looking out for his own interests. Though the crux of his argument holds water, I distrust his expressions of concern for the rest of us chickens.

Class Action Lawsuits are the suck. If Harleib can drum up a successful settlement for himself, more power to him. If the rest of us end up in a class, we'd get pennies. Whether you believe Harleib's accusations are true or not, if you are goind to sue then you need to sue as an individual as he is doing.

Perhaps the best idea, is for this site to spearhead the campaign for us to finance the company ourselves. A million shareholders at $500 each or 500,000 shareholders at $1000 each or whatever.

The publicity wouldn't hurt at this point. It might encourage stock purchases.
    Like Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

Enthusiast
    10-21-2008, 07:50 PM #13
    Furthermore, Hartleib needs to show SIRI that he can inspire a massive shareholder revolt. He needs SIRI to see that it is better off to pay him to shut him up.

This is where his efforts to rile everyone up works to suit his agenda.

This does not mean that he is not correct in his argument that Mel and Apollo wanted the huge spectrum at any price, then screw the shareholders and take it private.

Harleib may or may not be correct as far as that goes. Unfortunately. thus far, he presents a very strong theory.

Mentor
    10-21-2008, 07:54 PM #14
    Does the honor system work on wall street?

I would be afraid that people would rather buy the stock and let someone else finance them?

I don't think there are many SIRI investors with much money left either...

The best way for them to raise cash that I can think of is to really push the multi-year contracts to new subscribers - and that is what they are doing with their new promotions...

Enthusiast
    10-21-2008, 08:05 PM #15
    Everyone is nervous. Low Stock Price, Serious RevSplit consideration and dilution, No Product Roll Out, Very Little Advertising, Mel's weirdness.

I see your point, I hope that works. It should.

Mentor
    10-21-2008, 08:17 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by deewcom View Post
    Everyone is nervous. Low Stock Price, Serious RevSplit consideration and dilution, No Product Roll Out, Very Little Advertising, Mel's weirdness.

I see your point, I hope that works. It should.
    Everyone is nervous - Good time to buy?

Low stock price - Little downside?

RevSplit consideration and dilution - Already priced in even if it doesn't happen?

No Product Roll Out - What about the new "best of" packages, the "a la carte" and new portable radios?

Very Little Advertising - Big advertising rollout could be right around the corner for the holidays...

Mel's weirdness - I've got nothing for that one...

Enthusiast
    10-21-2008, 08:37 PM #17
    Demian,
    Your glass is definitely half full. Although I would argue the downside is bankruptcy. That is a very real possibility.

Enthusiast
    10-21-2008, 08:55 PM #18
    Well on the bright side, the cat is out of the hat. Hartleib just may have spoiled Mel's and Leon Black's plan. It would now be to obvious if Mel sells the company privately for pennies.

Mentor
    10-21-2008, 09:13 PM #19
    Why would Leon Black hold over 90 million shares this whole time if this theory is true? Why would he do that? And why would Mel have bought all those shares too? I don't get it.....
    Last edited by Demian; 10-21-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Enthusiast
    10-21-2008, 09:34 PM #20
    Demian,

That is a question that should be asked to Hartleib on Thursday. Call and ask him Thursday night on the Sirius Buzz Radio.

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...