Page 20 of 20 ... 10181920
    Enthusiast
    10-25-2008, 01:52 PM #191

New to the Forum

Hi gang - very informative and helpful forum! A quick question to anyone that can assist - How can i find out how many shares of the company are held by the management?? Looking VERY seriosly at Sirius - for the long term but VERY scary!!

10-25-2008, 02:27 PM #192

Brevity Please

Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Is someone forcing you to read this intraday update thread?

If everyone wants me to stop posting the latest SIRI news, I will stop...

Demian, I like to move quickly through threads and the entire articles that you post (copyrighted?) slow me down so I don't read them (and have seen most of them published by their sources). Here is a suggestion: Instead of copying entire articles into threads, just give us a synopsis and post a link to the article. Anyone who is interested may then read more by following the link. Also, the SP updates are unnecessary. Most of us have trading platforms and some of us have Level II, etc., tools that provide all the real-time and AH data that we need. Don't take the above except as intended, constructive criticism. Your presense on the board is valued along with that of other regular participants. I will read a long post by participants but don't want to see lengthy reprints and "sportscasting" of SP data. JMHO

Enthusiast
    10-25-2008, 03:34 PM #193

Just Like A Tattoo

Hey Rick. Most of us hold several thousand shares in the three dollar range and up. You want to know if SIRI at 25 cents is a good deal? Some of us have added to our positions to average down in case of a lousy buyout deal. Obviously, there is no protection from BK and reorganization. Many of us hope we have enough votes to stave off a reverse split. If we weren't so bitter, clinging to our guns and bibles, we would probably tell you unequivocally to jump in at 25 cents. Even with a revsplit, you could afford to buy enough shares at this price to make a good profit.

The company has huge potential. It has more bandwidth than AM and FM combined. National broadcast capability, good programming, advertising growth potential, OEM contracts with every major auto manufaturer and nearly 20 million current subscribers.

The debt, the debt management, the hellacious short selling of shares prompted by the debt refinancing at merger, bad PR, lousy IR, bashing by Cramer and analysts, and the economic downturn, have killed the SP.

If you could take the emotions out of the equation, many of us would envy your position to take a stake in the company at current levels.

We're angry because we are out thousands of dollars and we are fear the possibility of no recovery.

I don't presume to speak for everyone. I assume that more than a few others share my view by the information I've extracted here and elsewhere. Others may have different opinions.

10-25-2008, 04:20 PM #194
    Yep average now at $1.80.Cant average down any more,original purchase 15,000 shares at $2.80 looking for that easy merger pop,hahah on me

Enthusiast
    10-25-2008, 08:32 PM #195

Deewcomm

Many thanks!!!! Your honesty and information is invaluable. I too feel that the product is excellant and it should be alright going forward but I am not a "Bill Gates" no doubt like most folks here I cannot afford to risk everything. The amount of negative chat that i have read about this Mel fellow did have me a bit perplexed - thus the reason for attempting for trying to find out what the managementss share position was. If I invest, and I am considering doing so, I will be in for the longer term - I really expect that this should be a $5ish stock within the year. Again - thanks!!!!

Enthusiast
    10-26-2008, 02:03 PM #196
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    I really expect that this should be a $5ish stock within the year. Again - thanks!!!!
    If that is your expectation, then you will be very disappointed. Realistically you might look for $1.50, if everything goes right. And that is being optimistic.

Think about it this way: At $5.00, you are looking for a 2000 percent increase. Even $1.50 in a year is a 600 per cent increase in price.

Mentor
    10-26-2008, 02:44 PM #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post

Think about it this way: At $5.00, you are looking for a 2000 percent increase. Even $1.50 in a year is a 600 per cent increase in price.
    Look at it this way, people that got in SIRI around $4.00 about a year ago are just looking to break even - and that would be a 0% gain...

Page 20 of 20 ... 10181920