Page 14 of 20 ... 41213141516 ...
    Mentor
    10-23-2008, 12:00 PM #131
    WRSP is up again today for the fourth day in a row....

They filed chapter 11 BK last week and they have been green all this week while SIRI has been red all week.....

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 12:11 PM #132
    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...lenews_barrons

October 23, 2008, 11:50 am
    Sirius: Yet Another New Low, As Liquidity Worries Intesify
    Posted by Eric Savitz
    Sirius XM (SIRI) shares have reached another new low, as concerns about the company’s balance sheet continue to grow.

Adding fuel to the already raging fire: a Business Week story which notes that the company has a $1 billion in debt coming due in 2009, but not enough cash to pay it off. The story says Sirius believes it can avoid bankruptcy, but the shares increasingly trade as if all of the company’s value is in the hands of its debt holders.

SIRI today is down 4 cents, or 11.5%, to 28 cents, dropping the company’s market cap to $890 million.

Guru
    10-23-2008, 12:35 PM #133
    had $35 in the account, bought another 90 shares, oh well, throw it all in....

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 02:06 PM #134
    SIRI just hit a new low of .26.

Please tell me someone thinks that it's worth more than a quarter a share...

SIRI is now down over 90% from the $2.68 it reached on July 23'rd.......

Down over 90% in 3 months????????????

How does this happen?

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 02:10 PM #135
    Another worthless article from the Motley Fool......

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-g...-xm-radio.aspx

Let's Save Sirius XM Radio
    By Rick Aristotle Munarriz October 23, 200

"Let's try something different," I wrote last week. "What will it take to make Sirius XM Radio a winning investment? The question isn't rhetorical. Kick in with your thoughts on what can turn things around for Sirius. I'll be back in a few days to go over some of the best responses."

You certainly chimed in, nearly three dozen responses deep. As promised, I'm back to go over a few of the more compelling responses. With shares of Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) hitting a new all-time low this morning, I think we better get started on righting this ship before it's too late.

Show us the money, Mel
    tmph1 writes:

Time for Mel to move fast with the new financing structure and not general statements that he is confident it can be done. Investors are not as confident, will it be done and how?

Definitely. Sirius has three debt repayment milestones to tackle next year, and they're all huge.

A $300 million Sirius convertible is due in February.
    $350 million in XM bank debt must be repaid come May.
    A $400 million XM convertible is due in December.
    Until the company secures the funds to clear all three hurdles, the market is going to fear the worst.

Ad it up, Mel
    JasonMcCann writes:

Some factors I have never heard being talked about:
    1) Double the satellites (post-merger) = double the bandwidth! More TV channels, and how about Internet capabilities? Mobile hotspot anyone?
    2) Marginal increases of the ad revenue dollar -- 10 million subs is nothing to shake a stick at but 20 million will grab the attention of advertising heavyweights.

Doubling the bandwidth will become a greater selling point once interoperable receivers come out, capable of receiving both XM and Sirius. For now, the company is limited to offering up a sliver of the more popular channels from one service on vacant channels of the other as a smart upcharge service. Since the company can't replace the roughly 19 million hamstrung receivers already in the market that can only receive XM or Sirius, it will be limited in its upgrade.

The ad revenue potential is an even bigger head-scratcher. As an old-school radio guy, CEO Mel Karmazin should know how to milk ad revenue from broadcasting better than just about anybody. It hasn't happened here. In fact, it's actually going the other way. In the second quarter, Sirius ad revenue per subscriber clocked in at a measly $0.32 during the period. It was at $0.45 per member a year earlier. Naturally the commercial-free music channels are a big draw to premium radio, but if Sirius XM is going to sell ad space on its other content channels, it really needs to get on the ball here.

Is it a tough environment to smoke out sponsors? Sure, but even Six Flags (NYSE: SIX) has been able to milk more out of turnstile clicks by generating more ad revenue. It can even brand its commercial-free music channels the way that XM once did with Starbucks (Nasdaq: SBUX), only this time with some real money flowing in the satellite radio giant's direction. Now that XM and Sirius are closing in on 20 million subs, why can't specialty retailers like Hot Topic (Nasdaq: HOTT) or Zumiez (Nasdaq: ZUMZ) sponsor an alternative rock channel? Pick any of the dozens of commercial-free channels and I'm sure you can come up with several potential naming right opportunities.

In with the new
    K444fool writes:

With an extremely aggressive marketing/advertising campaign, the XMp3 could easily be perceived as the MUST HAVE tech-toy gift for this holiday season for baby boomers.

A hot new product can certainly kick a company out of the doldrums. The way that XM and Sirius have struggled outside of the car dealerships in moving new receivers, a retail hit would be huge.

XM and Sirius have put out promising portable players like Inno, Stiletto, and S50 in the past. The problem is that they have been dwarfed by the popularity of Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPod as a cheaper solution. Since the iPod touch offers free Wi-Fi access to radio and music discovery sites like CBS' (NYSE: CBS) Last.fm, AOL Music, and Pandora, it's hard to justify a $280 XMp3 purchase that's tethered to a monthly subscription plan. Marketing can distort the value perception, but this is probably not the best holiday season to peddle a premium subscription-based gadget, even if it certainly has the right ingredients to work in a kinder climate.

You still have more to say
    I'm just scratching the surface with some of your great responses. I'll be back in a few days to tackle the rest of the killer suggestions to get Sirius XM Radio on track.

In the meantime, feel free to post other comments on what you think it will take to get Sirius XM back into the market's good graces.

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 02:25 PM #136
    I can't believe SIRI just hit a new low of .25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is going on?

Is this stock worth anything?

Who is selling down here?

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 02:43 PM #137
    **sigh**

I actually wanted to take advantage of this price and buy more shares, going against my previous plan of waiting until Q3 CC.

Made a deposit to my Scottrade account, and lo and behold, you cannot buy a stock under $4 on the same day as you make a deposit. I will have to wait for 3 days before my funds are available. I just know Sirius is going to rally on Friday, gain 10-15%, and I will be out that gain. That pisses me off. I guess my last few purchases that I made when I deposited on the same day were of XMSR before the merger, so I never had the problem of being under $4 before.

Maybe Brandon is right... maybe a reverse split isnt so bad (AFTER financing is achieved). There are just too many restrictions on "penny stocks" to frustrate investors.

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 02:48 PM #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    **sigh**

I actually wanted to take advantage of this price and buy more shares, going against my previous plan of waiting until Q3 CC.

Made a deposit to my Scottrade account, and lo and behold, you cannot buy a stock under $4 on the same day as you make a deposit. I will have to wait for 3 days before my funds are available. I just know Sirius is going to rally on Friday, gain 10-15%, and I will be out that gain. That pisses me off. I guess my last few purchases that I made when I deposited on the same day were of XMSR before the merger, so I never had the problem of being under $4 before.

Maybe Brandon is right... maybe a reverse split isnt so bad (AFTER financing is achieved). There are just too many restrictions on "penny stocks" to frustrate investors.
    Newman,

How did you deposit the money? The restrictions are different depending on how the money was deposited. A wire transfer from your bank account doesn't have this restriction as far as I know, but it has to be the kind of wire transfer that you have to go into the bank to do - not the online one.

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 03:02 PM #139
    Prediction - .25 was the low and it will not be broken.....

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 03:11 PM #140
    It was an ACH deposit. ACH deposits are usally instant, but apparently for stock transactions, it has to CLEAR the bank before you can use it for investing. Also, they could not dig into my margin account because of the stock price of course.

I was trying to place my buy at $0.25 when a ton of shares were trading at that level... I agree, I don't think it will go lower than that.

Page 14 of 20 ... 41213141516 ...