Page 1 of 2 12
    10-13-2008, 05:58 PM #1

CD Quality Audio

Currently I have the Sirius everything package. I've been a subscriber since April 05. I often listen to the internet radio stream when at home or at work. I'm thinking of upgrading to the CD Quality Audio for $2.99/month. Does anyone know if I this will work with the Mozilla add on and/or the Yahoo! Widget for online listening? I don't want to have to go to www.sirius.com everytime to listen. Thanks in advance for the help!

Mentor
    10-14-2008, 10:49 PM #2
    I have used the CD quality upgrade with Starplayr and SiriusMac2 and it works great. I even get the high quality stream on my Windows Mobile phone using the SelectRadio app.......

SelectRadio

http://www.selectradio.com/index.html

Starplayr

http://starplayr.com/ourproducts.html

SiriusMac

http://www.siriusmac.com/SiriusMac.html
    Last edited by Demian; 10-14-2008 at 11:14 PM.

10-15-2008, 07:37 AM #3
    Thanks for the reply!

I can't seem to get the StarPlyr link to work...when I click the link to download the app (or any other link pointing to the geekstoolbox domain), it says page not found. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Thanks again!

Edgar
    Last edited by edgar; 10-15-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Mentor
    10-15-2008, 10:33 AM #4
    I wonder if they haven't finished this yet?

GeeksToolBox.com / StarPlayr for Windows Downtime
    « on: October 10, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »
    We plan to move our servers to a new data center facility
    this weekend, starting at 10:00pm EDT on Saturday, October 11,
    2008, and continuing into Sunday, October 12.

There will be a period of time when StreamSmart, StarPlayr for Windows and
    GeeksToolBox will not be available. We will do our best to minimize this
    downtime; we expect that it will last
    between 12 and 24 hours, though we will work to restore service
    as quickly as we can, and it is likely that our sites will be
    up and running again by mid-day Sunday.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We have scheduled this data
    center move over a Saturday night/Sunday morning, when Web site
    traffic is typically at its lowest, to minimize disruption.

Note to Mac users: This disruption may also interfere with the Tracker data on some versions of StarPlayr2.

10-15-2008, 11:57 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I wonder if they haven't finished this yet?

GeeksToolBox.com / StarPlayr for Windows Downtime
    « on: October 10, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »
    We plan to move our servers to a new data center facility
    this weekend, starting at 10:00pm EDT on Saturday, October 11,
    2008, and continuing into Sunday, October 12.

There will be a period of time when StreamSmart, StarPlayr for Windows and
    GeeksToolBox will not be available. We will do our best to minimize this
    downtime; we expect that it will last
    between 12 and 24 hours, though we will work to restore service
    as quickly as we can, and it is likely that our sites will be
    up and running again by mid-day Sunday.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We have scheduled this data
    center move over a Saturday night/Sunday morning, when Web site
    traffic is typically at its lowest, to minimize disruption.

Note to Mac users: This disruption may also interfere with the Tracker data on some versions of StarPlayr2.
    I wondered the same thing as well. I guess I will just wait a bit and try again in a few days. Thanks for the help!

Edgar

10-16-2008, 07:05 AM #6
    I saw some other posts to this effect on the Stern Fan forum. Appears the move is still ongoing.

Mentor
    10-16-2008, 12:38 PM #7
    Edgar,

Are you using a Mac or a PC? The SiriusMac app works pretty good, but is not as feature rich as the Starplayr app. The older version of Starpayr lets you record and save to iTunes. This recording feature has been removed from the new version, no doubt due to legal and royalty issues - although the older versions were still available for download on their website just a few days ago...

10-17-2008, 07:36 AM #8
    I use a PC. The recording sounds great...I'd love to use that for talk programs. I havent checked the site again because been so busy at work, but i'll try again today. Thanks Demian,

Edgar

Edit: It appears to be working now so I'll try the d/l...where did you see the older versions of StarPlyr? Thanks!
    Last edited by edgar; 10-17-2008 at 07:39 AM.

10-17-2008, 09:03 AM #9
    This is what is appearing on their website...

GeeksToolBox / StarPlayr Windows/ StreamSmart Server Update

I have finally gotten a real answer as to what is going on at the host. It seems my host has been sold... and that is the reason they are performing the data center move.

The inability to get a straight answer from them in a timely manner as to what was going on and why, coupled with their inability to perform the move (timely, competently, or otherwise) has deemed it necessary we search out a new host.

Our host needs to be capable, competent, and able to scale to support very large numbers of users. Even during the Alpha phase of the project the simultaneous user count is mind blowing given that the applications are not advertised and are known only by word of mouth.

We were about to release several more clients including the Windows Mobile client when this occurred... so while it is annoying and has my blood pressure through the roof... I would rather it happen now during the Alpha phase of the project.

All of that being said... we are carefully considering our options before choosing the new home for GeeksToolBox and StreamSmart.net. Our user community is very important and believe me when I say for me (and I am sure GoodTime as well) this is truly painful.

It is especially frustrating because I am very familiar with server technology and could have personally migrated to another data center easily and quickly... and I am astounded that the host is unable to do so.

I like to think we do business differently than most... we care, we are competent, and it actually matters that our users have been inconvenienced even though our offerings are currently free. We need to find a hosting solution run by a team that is part of a like minded, like motivated, and competent organization. I would like to give a timeframe on resolution, but we are in the early stages of designing and selecting a replacement hosting solution for the StreamSmart system and client distribution service.

There is a possibility things may be back up for a short time between now and the provider switch... but I can't guarantee when, for how long, and at what quality of service.

Dave

Edit: StarPlayr2 for Mac is also affected as GeeksToolBox.com provides the bandwidth for the Mac version. If it does not look lke an update will make by this weekend, we will work on and alternative solution for our Mac users.

Mentor
    10-18-2008, 04:28 PM #10
    Edgar,

They appear to be up and running now.....

http://starplayr.com/ourproducts.html

Page 1 of 2 12