Page 2 of 12 1234 ...
    Mentor
    10-13-2008, 01:24 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thejared View Post
    i think this little run is just that...a "little run".

we have all seen this before, and you know whats coming.

there are two things upcoming that im sure will drive this stock down probably to ~.30, because when this stock gets hit with any kind of bad news it tanks hard...hell ive seen the damn thing tank on good news.

1. the delisting warning, just the warning which means nothing will of course negatively effect this stock as does every other piece of news it seems.

2. the 3Q earnings call which we all know is gonna be poor, will of course drive the price lower still.

but after those two things, im planning on jumping in again. lost about 10k in this ship already, but i really believe in the product and think the merged channels and "best of" will help generate revenue.

not sure when the delisting warning will come...last day at a $1 was 9-19 so 30 trading days later is...10/31 a friday. anyone know when the 3Q earnings come in?
    thejared,

There may be a couple problems with your theory......

What if SIRI trades over $1.00 before any delisting notice happens? What if the NDAQ extends it's delisting policies (as has been reported) and no delisting warning comes? What if the Q3 #'s are better than expected and the merger synergies are ahead of schedule? What if the debt financing crosses the wires and the stock ramps before Q3 or any delisting notice? What if everything that possibly could go wrong and more is already priced in? These are questions that must be asked at this level....

Thinking that SIRI will go lower than over 90% off of it's 52 week high seems a little wacky IMHO....I'm surprised it ever got this low!

Joined: Jun 2008 Location: God's Country --- Up North Posts: 57
    10-13-2008, 01:54 PM #12
    Demian, honestly, how long have you been following Sirius? I'm starting to wonder... Sirius is obviously not a company to be traded at these levels... IMHO. If you looking for a little pop to get out, you must not understand this industry and the opportunities available. In fact, I think that many people here do not understand the potential.

The current focus of Sirius is on Audio Entertainment. And Mel has focussed on providing content, despite the technological platform and how technologies with change and converge over time.

But as I understand the business and competencies, Sirius is a high-tech company with a "Radio Station". I'm not expecting the company to telegraph its punches. But I believe it has a lot of people fooled right now. And I am referring to a very specific opportunity, unique to Sirius, but highly valued by one distinct industry. So, is SIRI a "speculation" stock. I'd have to resoundingly say "YES". It is very speculative and very misunderstood. This is of course, IMHO, and I'm not recommending any course of action in terms of anyone's personal finance. Just academic inquiry.

Who here thinks Sirius is a "Radio" company, solely? What other opportunities do the rest of you think Sirius may have down the road that may vastly effect its bottom line in a very material way?
    Last edited by Seamless82; 10-13-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: redefine post...

Mentor
    10-13-2008, 02:03 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamless82 View Post
    Demian, honestly, how long have you been following Sirius? I'm starting to wonder...
    I have followed SIRI and XMSR for several years now. I owned SIRI at $4 and change, but sold it when it broke $4.

I have waited for about 3 years to get back in again. I traded it for awhile when it was bouncing around between the $1.30 - $1.40 level. I bought more at .38 on friday and am now averaged in at about just over a dollar.....

I wish I would have followed my stop losses, but I never dreamed it would get this cheap...ouch!

SIRI will rebound off of these absurd levels.....

Mentor
    10-13-2008, 02:08 PM #14
    The bastards are at it again......trying to wack SIRI down again along with the whole market....trading around .48 now.

Can SIRI ever hold onto it's gains without needing to retrace?

10-13-2008, 02:12 PM #15
    Thats the CRAZY thing about being this low. People SELL at 10 cent pops! So it makes it THAT much harder to climb out of this hole.

It's going to take some monster news to get above $1 again. But as soon as we do, I doubt we go back below a buck.

Mel is speaking at TWO upcoming conferences this month. Orbitcast is saying this is a positive sign in that Mel usually does this on the verge of announcing BIG news.

<ahem!> I'd LOVE for that to be true. But if Sirius has made me anything(cause it CERTAINLY hasn't made me money yet!)...it's CYNICAL.

I'm an optimist by nature, but when it comes to Sirius, I QUESTION EVERYTHING.

I am going to let the shares I have ride....but If I can come up with some more cash, I MAY use that to trade Sirius with at these levels. If it takes off, GREAT I've got more shares. If not I doubt it will drop too much lower. <Gulp!>

Mentor
    10-13-2008, 03:21 PM #16
    Why cant SIRI get over .50?

Mentor
    10-13-2008, 03:41 PM #17
    Those bastards are at it again......someone just tried to knock it down to .47 after it breached .50......crawling back up now.

.50 again! Please break .50..........please! Pretty please!!!!!!!

Mentor
    10-13-2008, 06:12 PM #18
    Ok, SIRI closed at .51, but I am disappointed as WRSP broke out and closed way up while SIRI couldn't even close at the high of the day. SIRI should of been much higher with the markets up so much.....it's high beta, right? Anyway, SIRI doesn't always trade with the market. Hope it continues it's uptrend. I think it bottomed out. I bought more at .38 on friday....

10-13-2008, 06:35 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    thejared,

There may be a couple problems with your theory......

What if SIRI trades over $1.00 before any delisting notice happens? What if the NDAQ extends it's delisting policies (as has been reported) and no delisting warning comes? What if the Q3 #'s are better than expected and the merger synergies are ahead of schedule? What if the debt financing crosses the wires and the stock ramps before Q3 or any delisting notice? What if everything that possibly could go wrong and more is already priced in? These are questions that must be asked at this level....

Thinking that SIRI will go lower than over 90% off of it's 52 week high seems a little wacky IMHO....I'm surprised it ever got this low!

from what i remember reading regarding the new delisting rules, they are still going to have the delist warning after 30 days... but they would extend the amount of time the warned company has to climb above the $1 mark.

the Q3 numbers can be great like Q2 was but what happened that day? an expected loss of .06

this stock will hit the .30's before it sniffs the .90's...nothing short of a buyout offer will push this stock over a buck for the rest of this year.

Mentor
    10-13-2008, 06:53 PM #20
    Are you short SIRI at this level? You don't think that debt financing will cause a massive short squeeze? I think that the stock has bottomed and the 30's are history...

Page 2 of 12 1234 ...