10-09-2008, 03:02 PM #1

Internet data Card

sirius xm has satellite signal, Alltel, sprint, Vorizon sells data card for $60.00 a month and it does not work everywhere, depending upon avaible coverage.
    If sirius coverage is better than wireles phone why not provide internet to a people who live in rural part of the country that can't have internet for $25.00
    a month i bet everybody would suscribe. Q is is possble that sirius xm can do.
    somebody please look in to this.
    Thanks

11-02-2008, 02:41 PM #2
    well for one thing the data cards work off the cell towers just like the phones, sirius is sattelite which is why it has better coverage then data cards. And I keep hearing about bandwidth issues know so they probably dont have that or the patents for internet service. your best bet would be sattelite internet or dsl but I also heard they might work on internet in the future.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-24-2009, 12:40 PM #3
    jUST A TEST FOR ME

06-26-2009, 03:09 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jayp1953 View Post
    sirius xm has satellite signal, Alltel, sprint, Vorizon sells data card for $60.00 a month and it does not work everywhere, depending upon avaible coverage.
    If sirius coverage is better than wireles phone why not provide internet to a people who live in rural part of the country that can't have internet for $25.00
    a month i bet everybody would suscribe. Q is is possble that sirius xm can do.
    somebody please look in to this.
    Thanks
    Internet is 2 way communication, you send data, then receive data.

Sirius sat's are pretty much one way, you only receive data. On top of that, I believe they have the equlivant of about 24Mbps of bandwidth on the sat's all together. In the internet world, that's about... nothing.

The sirius sat's absolutely can not do internet on them.