Page 2 of 7 1234 ...
    Mentor
    10-08-2008, 02:50 PM #11
    The market is selling back off now as SIRI flatlines at .48........

Volume is pretty low so far today at 36 million, but I expect that to change going into the close. I am always amazed at these long flatline periods that SIRI has. How can they keep a choke hold on it like that?

Prediction - SIRI closes green

Enthusiast
    10-08-2008, 02:58 PM #12
    Regarding Earnings... I spoke with someone in IR on Monday and she told me they were looking at early November. She didn't give me much information, but did say that growth will continue to be the story, despite lagging auto sales. Hopefully it won't be as bad as many of us fear.

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 03:18 PM #13
    You would think that any bad Q3 numbers would be baked in at this point and the focus would be on the progress of the merger synergies, the "Best Of" adoption numbers, and the forward view going into the holidays and Q4. If Mel had some positive news about the financing of the debt, the stock would rocket - regardless of the Q3 numbers...

Enthusiast
    10-08-2008, 03:23 PM #14
    I agree Demian... but I doubt we'll hear anything solid about debt refinancing before or during the Q3 cc. And as we all know - even if we think bad news is "baked in" to the stock price, we always seem to bake a little more on anything perceived as bad news.
    Last edited by winagain35; 10-08-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 03:35 PM #15
    Yea, I know, but maybe, just maybe, we are over baked right now. I, for one, feel cooked to a crisp. It's so frustrating when the Dow is up 100 points and SIRI is struggling to stay green......

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 03:43 PM #16
    Market selling off hard now.......DOW is now red! Amazing swings in this market. SIRI down less than a penny now after hitting some strong resistance at .49 a couple times earlier.

oops.....now its down two pennies.

This market sucks!

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 03:51 PM #17
    SIRI is now bouncing off of .45 again with 10 minutes left. My prediction of SIRI closing green is looking pretty bad now, but you never know......

Enthusiast
    10-08-2008, 04:14 PM #18
    Again and again, day after day, someone trading on the CINN is taking down this company. I don't know what it will take SiriusXM management to do something about it.

Joined: Jun 2008 Location: God's Country --- Up North Posts: 57
    10-08-2008, 04:20 PM #19
    Hey Everyone,

I don't know if you ever look at ALEXA.com, traffic ranking. But being into web marketing in the past, it's a site that I became familiar with. I used to follow Sirius.com and follow their rankings, but now I've been following XMRADIO.com
    as well.

Check this out:
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...ls/xmradio.com

Look at the bottom of the screen. XM Radio is now almost in the top 1000 websites in the USA! Do you want to know the most popular page for visitors? I'll tell you, over 1/3 of all visitors are those logging in to listen!

Sirius.com is now pushing to gain top 600 placement in the USA, among all websites. Where visitors are going is more ambiguous. But they are looking quite popular in New Zealand, now ranking in the top 1500 sites!

Think global people. Sirius, going forward, may capture a lot of growth from overseas. Sure, we may be in a recession, but one theme underscores everything in the markets; we are globalizing.

This is noted today with the central banks taking joint action in reducing interest rates. Unprecedented action! The fear on the street is that the world financial system is disintegrating, but we see global cooperation and integration! What we are seeing in the markets is a revaluation of currencies and, mortgages and equities, as we further integrate our financial systems. The fear is only making it easier to accomplish this feat.

But when you think of Sirius, think of a global business. That's all I can say. Right now, its grasp exceeds its reach, but IMHO I believe both will be one and the same. A global media powerhouse! IMHO. I'm no financial adviser, just someone who watches and reads a lot, with lots of opinions and are to be taken as such. Opinion.

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 05:36 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Again and again, day after day, someone trading on the CINN is taking down this company. I don't know what it will take SiriusXM management to do something about it.
    I have heard reports about corruption and manipulation at the CINN. And it's amazing how the manipulation of the price below the bid and the ask comes from there...

Something seems crooked.....

Page 2 of 7 1234 ...