Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    Head Honcho
    10-08-2008, 01:20 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 10/06/08

This is the first of a weekly sticky thread for forum members to talk about the intraday happenings of Sirius XM. If I fail to create a new thread each Monday morning feel free to create a new thread with a like title (see above) and I will be sure to make it sticky
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    10-08-2008, 09:54 AM #2

Boy it sure got quiet in here

When times get tough, silence befalls us.
    no new news, not many discussions, this forum has become as dead as the stock, oh well.
    Wheres the updates, positive guidance, updates on the fraudulent CEO?
    I guess the curtain has fallen.

Guru
    10-08-2008, 11:41 AM #3
    October 6th was definately quiet for the hype in september. I have a feeling that with the headlines in the market this week a decision may have been made to not waste good headline fodder.

The 3rd quarter is done correct? When do the results come out?

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 12:57 PM #4
    Thanks to Charles for adding this sticky for intraday discussion of SIRI...

I will start the discussion by saying that the market sucks right now, but it also depends on how you look at it. If you are a new investor or trader coming in with fresh money, you might have a different view. Good stocks are on sale for fire sale prices. If you are underwater with your trades and investments, you clearly have a different view.

SIRI is now testing it's recent intraday low of .45. If there is a total panic washout, I am bracing for a panic sudden dip to around .39, which was the bottom before it took off to around $10 in 2003. I'm not saying that will happen, but this market is nuts.....SIRI could just as well recover and close green for all I know. It did bounce off of this .45 level pretty hard earlier this morning....

There hasn't been any SIRI specific news that I have seen today. I am surprised that the Fed action and rate cuts didn't juice the market more. People are in panic mode and it seems every rally is getting sold off. This can't go on forever.....or can it?

Head Honcho
    10-08-2008, 01:04 PM #5
    Jason,

I merged your thread into this one.
    I think it is specifically quiet here because we are all working twice as hard to earn back all of the money we lost in our Sirius stock.

Demian,

I agree... and I sure could use some cash to invest right now.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    10-08-2008, 01:27 PM #6
    sittin on some cash waiting to pull the trigger, even a snippit from Mel would be good right now, just to say, "oh yeah by the way were working on..."

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 01:42 PM #7
    My view is that Mel has got to time his statements right for the greatest bang. You don't want his statements to be wasted and overshadowed during broad market swings, when the stock would be under pressure with the market or rebound with the market from oversold conditions anyway.

You don't want his statements to be wasted at the wrong time. I would prefer to see the stock rebound on it's own a bit first, and then see his statements give it some additional momentum....

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 01:50 PM #8
    The markets just turned green and SIRI is trying to follow. SIRI seems to be in an uptrend after bouncing off of .45 again, but having a hard time breaking out above .47 -.48....

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 02:09 PM #9
    Market is now in full blown rally mode and SIRI is struggling to go green...so frustrating! It needs to break out above that .47-.48 wall to run......come on SIRI!

Mentor
    10-08-2008, 02:24 PM #10
    SIRI just broke .48 with some volume......run baby, run!

SIRI is now green.........it should be with the DOW up 150 for crying out loud!

Page 1 of 7 123 ...