Page 7 of 7 ... 567
    Mentor
    10-12-2008, 04:26 PM #61
    Seamless,

One thing I have learned over the years is to not buy all at once. It is much better to always have cash on hand to take advantage of crazy bargains. Stop losses get confusing, but my big losses have been from riding stocks into the ground not wanting to panic etc. Things always got worse than I thought they would. I wished that I would have scaled into positions over time, and sold spikes to generate cash on hand too. The problem is that by the time you learn to be conservative the game changes and you should be all in....

As far as Apple putting sat rad receivers in their iPods.... Apple always has different price tiers for their products, so they could offer this in a premium product while still selling cheaper models. Apple needs to keep invigorating the iPod line to keep consumers interested. I think adding sat rad to the iPod would be a way for them to do that. Siri could even do revenue sharing with them like they do with the OEM's. It would be a win for Apple and Sirius. Millions of subscribers would be added....

10-12-2008, 04:40 PM #62
    Is the market open tomorrow?

Mentor
    10-12-2008, 04:54 PM #63
    Yes, the market is open on monday. Here is the holiday calendar.......

http://www.nyse.com/about/newsevents/1176373643795.html

New Year's Day

January 1
    Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

January 21

Washington's Birthday/Presidents' Day*

February 18*

Good Friday

March 21

Memorial Day

May 26

Independence Day†

July 4†

Labor Day

September 1

Thanksgiving Day†

November 27†

Christmas†

December 25†

Guru
    10-12-2008, 04:55 PM #64

Stern doubles potential audience

"Stern, who rarely gives interviews, and his representatives declined to comment for this story. But Sirius officials note that with their company's merger, the radio host will now be able to reach a "potential" audience of 19 million subscribers, though they would not provide exact audience numbers. (XM subscribers must pay about $4 extra per month to hear Stern"

Thanks to the merger!

Mentor
    10-12-2008, 05:10 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    "Stern, who rarely gives interviews, and his representatives declined to comment for this story. But Sirius officials note that with their company's merger, the radio host will now be able to reach a "potential" audience of 19 million subscribers, though they would not provide exact audience numbers. (XM subscribers must pay about $4 extra per month to hear Stern"

Thanks to the merger!
    Do you have a link to that article?

Page 7 of 7 ... 567