10-07-2008, 09:48 PM #1

Using an outdoor antenna

I`ve looked over the distribution kits for use thru a cable tv line and it seems the kit Sirius offers will only work with one cable input. I have 4 leads comming from my cable box to various rooms in my house. With only one combiner and splitter included in the kit, you could only really connect to just one cable outlet. Correct?
    So the only difference between just the outdoor antenna and the CATV antenna is that you wont have to drill a hole into your house for the antenna wire to go to?
    Thinking of getting a second Sirius player (1 for myself and 1 for the wife). Just wondering if there was a way to run the CATV to two rooms thru cable or should I just just buy 2 outdoor antennas and run them to seperate locations?
    Could you use a splitter in place of a combiner, just use it backwards? And could you use just any cable splitter this way so I wouldnt have to buy more combiners/splitters or another kit for the second player?

Mentor
    10-18-2008, 04:43 PM #2
    Why not use an indoor repeater? No need for additional wires and then you would also have the freedom to move the radios around anywhere in the house.

Here is one such product.....

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-echo...s1-p-4423.html

10-19-2008, 12:34 AM #3
    I have a 2 story 4 bedroom home. Would a repeater like this cover this whole house?

Mentor
    10-19-2008, 11:01 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by YoMoma View Post
    I have a 2 story 4 bedroom home. Would a repeater like this cover this whole house?
    This is what it says in the product description...

"Discreetly connect additional SIRIUS Radios Wirelessly up to 75 feet from the Echo Signal Repeater."

There may be more powerful products available than this particular model. I would shop around a bit online for price and features etc..

One thing you could do is centrally locate the repeater in your home to extend it's coverage. Having the freedom to move the radio around is a real benefit to this setup. Depending on the placement of the repeater, the signal could reach out to the backyard, garage, laundry room, or basement...

I have heard of people using multiple repeaters to cover a larger area, but this may not be necessary for your setup. I would shop around first for the best price and performance.