09-03-2008, 07:53 PM #1

looking for most cost effective way to hear howard stern again

so i think i want to subscribe to sirius but the only programming i'm really interested in is Stern. that said, i signed up for sirius' free 3 day trial for internet radio and apparently stern is not included! so it looks like i have to buy some kind of hardware.

is there any way i can just buy an antenna, connect it to my computer and listen that way? i'm not really interested in buying a separate receiver. if i need a separate receiver can you guys recommend one ?

also, is there any type of 'on demand' service? i'd like to be able to just listen to the whole show and pause as needed.

Head Honcho
    09-03-2008, 11:14 PM #2
    Stern is definitely available online... I listen via the net everyday at work Maybe it is not included with the 3 day free preview?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-04-2008, 02:43 AM #3
    hmm how odd, right on, thanks!

11-15-2008, 07:26 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by geeeeoffff View Post
    so i think i want to subscribe to sirius but the only programming i'm really interested in is Stern. that said, i signed up for sirius' free 3 day trial for internet radio and apparently stern is not included! so it looks like i have to buy some kind of hardware.

is there any way i can just buy an antenna, connect it to my computer and listen that way? i'm not really interested in buying a separate receiver. if i need a separate receiver can you guys recommend one ?

also, is there any type of 'on demand' service? i'd like to be able to just listen to the whole show and pause as needed.
    how do you think youj would connect an antenna to a computer? afterall it's a computer not a radio. last i heard they don't make a plug in to receive sat radio on a computer other than receiving it over the internet

Mentor
    11-15-2008, 11:51 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by geeeeoffff View Post
    Now, you said cost effective, so Im not sure what kind of price range you are in, but I would point you over to one of the SiriusBuzz site sponsors TSS Radio.

If you are interested in "on demand" type service, you would have to go with a portable player. These things are sweet, and I wish XM's service had something like this with WiFi. It is called the SIRIUS Stiletto 2. It can connect via satellite, terrestrial repeater (if you have them in your area) or even WiFi. You can store Sirius programming (record Howard and play him back at your convienience) and it even doubles as an MP3 player with a micro SD chip.

Check out the links above to see what all it offers, and let us know if you need more assistance, or contact the fine people there at TSS Radio. They do a wanderful job.

11-16-2008, 01:24 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfelder View Post
    how do you think youj would connect an antenna to a computer? afterall it's a computer not a radio. last i heard they don't make a plug in to receive sat radio on a computer other than receiving it over the internet
    Some computers have an audio input jack. If you did, you could run the output from your Sirius receiver right into your computer and play it through your speakers.