Thread: Have Sirius Subscription, Have XM in my car, will I be able to add to Sirius account?

Have Sirius Subscription, Have XM in my car, will I be able to add to Sirius account?

Hi All,

I've got a subscription to Sirius with 2 radios. My truck came with XM in it. I'd like to drop one of my Sirius radios and add the XM radio as an "additional" radio in my truck (as it has a nice LCD controlled screen, etc). Anyone have any idea if they have thought of this situation? I obviously don't want to pay for 2 primary accounts.

thx!

As of today they are still two separate services so, I know this is not possible. That being said... there would be no harm in asking a customer service rep to give you XM at 6.95 per month (since that is what they were doing when people where running from the service a year ago). Maybe some rep will cut you a break but, with the "best of" just being launched, it will be some time before the services actually merge into one system.

Angry Sirius in home, Sirius in wife's Mercury SUV, but...

I have XM built into my GM Chevrolet HHR, but it was never activated...wires! antennae! plugs! everywhere! ...to have Sirius in the car at the $6.99 rate...again, never activated the XM...maybe there are more of us in this boat (car)...take pity corporate folks...

4. Ad Fairy Senior Member