01-31-2008, 10:36 AM #1

Outdoor Antenna

Sometimes my reception is "iffy." This may sound like a stupid question, but, how on earth would I attach an outdoor antenna to my bricks? And how do I know where to put it since it would be permanent? Can you use that putty I see advertised on TV? I have a very large tree out front that may be blocking my reception during the summer as it produces millions of leaves. Right now my reception is best if I keep my antenna inside, but there are times when absolutely no bars are showing on my receiver. HELP!! Thanks a million!

Head Honcho
    01-31-2008, 11:47 AM #2

Lana

I don't say this because they are a sponsor, but because i believe in these guys, and know them well. TSS Radio can answer your questions and they are a pleasure to do business with.

First go here - http://www.tss-radio.com/home_reception.html

Then, consider this:

Sirius Outdoor Home Antenna:
    http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-outd...nna-p-231.html

It allows you to mount on a pipe or use a screw mount. The screw mount can be attached to brick. It will require a "hammer drill" with a masonry bit. Drill into the grout joint between bricks, insert a screw sleeve (plastic sleeve that ensures the screw stay put) then screw the mount to the wall. You could also use the pipe mount by driving a small piece of 3/4" electrical coduit into the ground near your house. Hammer it in a few feet if possible, and leave a couple of feet abouve ground. Then use the pipe mount to install the antenna onto the conduit.

You may also need the extension kit.

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-ante...le-p-3834.html
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

02-01-2008, 01:19 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    Sometimes my reception is "iffy." This may sound like a stupid question, but, how on earth would I attach an outdoor antenna to my bricks? And how do I know where to put it since it would be permanent? Can you use that putty I see advertised on TV? I have a very large tree out front that may be blocking my reception during the summer as it produces millions of leaves. Right now my reception is best if I keep my antenna inside, but there are times when absolutely no bars are showing on my receiver. HELP!! Thanks a million!
    We just purchased the home antenna and it works flawlessly! We had the same problem "iffy" signal strength. It solved the problem!

Joined: Sep 2008 Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee Posts: 6
    09-13-2008, 03:07 PM #4
    I have an antenna that has been on my roof for 4 years now, and it has worked flawless. When it rains or snows hard the tv satellite goes out but the sirius radio keeps right on truckin! It is one that came with the home docking kit. I had thought about buying one of the external antennas to connect to our tv antenna tower, but i really dont need to unless the one up there quits working.