Guru
    05-20-2009, 12:37 PM #1

Audiovox Principle supplier

Audiovox was announced as the new supplier for Sirius XM back in December.

Should we expect something soon, ie new products?

Anybody heard any news from this relationship and whether supply is picking back up, I had read that demand was greater than the supply through the old supplier.

Just looking for an update on this relationship...

Enthusiast
    05-20-2009, 01:26 PM #2
    nothing i saw really new,even the cc for audiovox said next to nothing they stated would do more business going forward, but the margins on sdars would be a drag on the sector its included in. dont recall new devices.

Enthusiast
    05-20-2009, 05:24 PM #3
    So far we have had great success in dealing with them and I am looking forward to the future. I haven't heard anything about new products, but I think they are playing catch up right now. I am sure we may see something new by Christmas time this year.

05-21-2009, 06:37 PM #4
    I can tell that Audiovox is working on some good accessories and things that will come out in the next 6 months or so. They are picking up where Directed left off. The core products like Radios and Kits is something SIRIUS engineers and then Audiovox distributes. It's a complicated relationship for me to understand let alone the average consumer.

So far I'm a good bit happier dealing with Audiovox then Directed and I used to be a huge Directed Fan and was not happy about the transition. I don't feel that way any longer.

Also the manner in which SIRIUS Product is distributed it different then before. It's now blanketed better throughout a full line of independent distributors throughout the country.

It makes it much easier for little mom and pop retailers to get SIRIUS product. They always had it easy getting XM product but now the SIRIUS product is simply easier to buy and sell.

Guru
    07-06-2009, 10:51 AM #5

Supplier Updates?

TSS, do you have any new experiences you can share regarding communications with suppliers, new product expectations and such?

thanks.

07-10-2009, 05:59 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    TSS, do you have any new experiences you can share regarding communications with suppliers, new product expectations and such?

thanks.
    Lately I've been hoping to see more products and more companies getting involved but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm just hoping for more products and I know some will come out around Sept/Oct or so but still anxious.

Mentor
    10-29-2009, 09:27 AM #7
    bump thread