Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: The Best of Sirius on XM -

  1. #11
    SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO is offline
    Junior Member
    SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt6201 View Post
    I have a Kenwood plug and play and the radio did update but I do not see the two XM categories so I guess that radio is useless.
    Good chance if you call up and complain that you cant get the best of XM package they will offer you a brand new compatible radio free of charge. They have been doing this on a 1 on 1 basis.
    I feel the same about this merger that Sirius long term loyal subscribers are getting the short end of the stick here from non compatible radios to a non comparable best of Xm package vs the best of Sirius package. I almost feel like XM is the one who bought out Sirius because thats the way things feel now. Your almost better off dropping your sirius subscription and getting an XM subscription and adding the best of Sirius package. XM subscribers certianly are making out way better on this deal than Sirius subscribers are with much less hassle and aggrevation due to the merger.

  2. #12
    Lt6201 is offline
    Junior Member
    Lt6201's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Location: Philadelphia Posts: 18
    I just wish there was a better email address to write and complain to. Everytime you send one to customer service you pretty much get a form letter reply.

    Maybe a ton of emails to someone big in SiriusXM would get them to realize that Sirius listeners aren't to happy.


    Quote Originally Posted by SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO View Post
    Good chance if you call up and complain that you cant get the best of XM package they will offer you a brand new compatible radio free of charge. They have been doing this on a 1 on 1 basis.
    I feel the same about this merger that Sirius long term loyal subscribers are getting the short end of the stick here from non compatible radios to a non comparable best of Xm package vs the best of Sirius package. I almost feel like XM is the one who bought out Sirius because thats the way things feel now. Your almost better off dropping your sirius subscription and getting an XM subscription and adding the best of Sirius package. XM subscribers certianly are making out way better on this deal than Sirius subscribers are with much less hassle and aggrevation due to the merger.

  3. #13
    SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO is offline
    Junior Member
    SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 21
    I cant even begin to tell you what a frigin disaster this Merger has become for SIRIUS subscribers. How is it that SIRIUS AQUIRED XM and all the problems lie with Sirius equipment and radio compatibility. I was so for this merger when it first came out, but now NOT SO MUCH. The concept of Sirius getting Xm channels and Xm getting Sirius channels is a great idea, but the fact is that Sirius is using its dual company platform to move and shuffle things around to profit more from the Sirius and XM subscriber. The first problem from this merger occurred when they started testing a new frequency to get the signal to your radio to get ready for the merger. Sirius starting testing this frequency back in April to get ready for this merger and did it in 48 to 72 hours blocks. This affected some Sirius ST2R Replay and XTR8 units and cars with pre installed head units and subscribers for months with no explanation with the oscillation aquiring signal problem. Anyone who called was told your radio is defective and you need a new one. As I have explained in another post ANY older head units and ST2R & XTR8 units not yet ever activated and used are NOW useless. Sirius hung me out to dry with 300 ST2R units that I was selling flawlessly until they started screwing with the signal. Now that the merger is completed they have switched to this new frequency and those radios are now obsolete and useless. So why did they press release this and put this guarantee on their website???

    http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDe...leaseID=255847




    They did it to influence the FCC merger vote while keeping the known compatibilty problem completely secret and telling you your radio is defective or hoping no one is going to notice or complain. Im completely disgusted by these actions and it borderlines pure corruption and collusion at its finest. Maybe all the terrestial people were right after all. Sirius Xm is becoming the monopoly everyone hoped they would not. Not by having an advantage over regular radio or Mp3 players, but by lying to their own loyal and faithful customers and stock holders and hoping they would not notice. Sirius deserves to have its STOCK IN THE DUMPER at 60 cents because it reflects their actions lately. Sirius XM better start fixing and making good on these problems soon. They should offer DEEP discounts to sirius customers who have had to endure these problems and make it up to them somehow. Realize that all the subscribers who have dumped hundreds and hundreds of dollars for their radios, boomboxes, home kits ,car kits are your faithful and loyal base and are what made your company what it is now and allowed you to make this merger happen. Turning your back on everyone with uncompatible radios due to this merger is real bad timing on your part especially in this economy when your forcing subscribers to buy new equipment when they were told in black and white and press released that the equipment they own would not become obsolete for at least 10 years as I heard Mel say on Howards show and we would be able to get Xm channels with no issues or compatibility problems. I really dont know what Sirius Corporate is thinking these days except how to profit more from US. I undertand this is a business and making money is what it is all about, but if I was to predict that before the merger that all XM subscribers would be the ones with no compatibility problems and can have alacarte programming and the best of Sirius with no problems or issues everyone would of thought I was crazy. I admit now I envy Xm subscribers because they got the best end of this Merger by far. Thanks alot Sirius XM and I hope you get your act together beacause your customer service and business practices are coming in to SERIOUS question.
    Last edited by SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO; 10-03-2008 at 02:23 AM.

  4. #14
    bbking32 is offline
    Junior Member
    bbking32's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt6201 View Post
    As far as I am concerned Sirius subscribers are getting screwed on the best of XM package. Why the hell would I want to listen to Oprah and who on earth wants to LISTEN to golf on the radio.

    and of course......................... part of the package is not Major League Baseball.

    Its a joke.
    I was told by 2 or 3 people that i could listen to MLB games if i got a new
    radio. I had to upgrade my boombox to get stratus 5 radio. The last person i spoke to said the games might be on after Oct 6th, I wont hold my breath

  5. #15
    Lt6201 is offline
    Junior Member
    Lt6201's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Location: Philadelphia Posts: 18
    I was looking at some of the things on the website and decided to call Sirius. Of course when I told the guy I had a Kenwood Plug and Play he laughed then told me that those models are not able to get XM. As far as the guarantee they told me that what they said was right. NO RADIO WILL BECOME OBSELETE. Just some will get the best of XM and some won't but either way you will still get Sirius.

    I was reading more on the site about the new ala carte radios and from what I can gather if you purchase one of those radios you would still only get the Best of XM and the ala carte they are talking about are only Sirius Channels.

    Its going to get to the point where I cancel all my Sirius Subscriptions and purchase XM radios so I can get my baseball and Howard Stern.

    Again I would love to find a corporate email address for Sirius so they can truly hear what the customers are saying.

    Sorry for the rant but I really feel like I am getting raked over some nasty hot coals.






    Quote Originally Posted by bbking32 View Post
    I was told by 2 or 3 people that i could listen to MLB games if i got a new
    radio. I had to upgrade my boombox to get stratus 5 radio. The last person i spoke to said the games might be on after Oct 6th, I wont hold my breath

  6. #16
    bbking32 is offline
    Junior Member
    bbking32's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt6201 View Post
    I was looking at some of the things on the website and decided to call Sirius. Of course when I told the guy I had a Kenwood Plug and Play he laughed then told me that those models are not able to get XM. As far as the guarantee they told me that what they said was right. NO RADIO WILL BECOME OBSELETE. Just some will get the best of XM and some won't but either way you will still get Sirius.

    I was reading more on the site about the new ala carte radios and from what I can gather if you purchase one of those radios you would still only get the Best of XM and the ala carte they are talking about are only Sirius Channels.

    Its going to get to the point where I cancel all my Sirius Subscriptions and purchase XM radios so I can get my baseball and Howard Stern.

    Again I would love to find a corporate email address for Sirius so they can truly hear what the customers are saying.

    Sorry for the rant but I really feel like I am getting raked over some nasty hot coals.
    if i went with xm and got the best of sirius would i get nfl and nascar coverage or no? hell i still got my old boom and radio might as well exchange new for xm stuff and subscribe w/xm

  7. #17
    homer985 is offline
    Senior Member
    homer985's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 485
    Couple of thoughts on this topic (beyond what I talked about earlier)... working in the business, I understand (I know) that it is doubtful that MLB would even consider discussing changes to the XM contract while the season is on-going. That is pretty much standard -- especially with MLB, given that they are VERY protective of their content. I would be surprised to see something before December or January -- quite frankly. That is not the fault of Sirius or XM, that's just how it goes. XM's contract with MLB runs from February to February of each year... I would expect (and do expect) an announcement by then. Yes, unfortunately they could miss this holiday selling season.

    Second, I saw someone posted the "guarantee" above -- I will add that the guarantee was for Sirius radios working with Sirius content after the merger. I don't see anything in the guarantee that says anything about the ability to receive XM content.

    At the same time, as a side note, I see that XM stated that ALL of their receivers will work with the Sirius channels. This was the result of the difference in technology between the two in the early stages... Sirius had to make some difficult changes to their tech to catch up to XM, which they did... but they did so be limiting the functionality of their older legacy receivers. XM did not have this problem. This of course is not a dig against Sirius -- just a fact and why there is this issue today.


    -------

  8. #18
    bbking32 is offline
    Junior Member
    bbking32's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Couple of thoughts on this topic (beyond what I talked about earlier)... working in the business, I understand (I know) that it is doubtful that MLB would even consider discussing changes to the XM contract while the season is on-going. That is pretty much standard -- especially with MLB, given that they are VERY protective of their content. I would be surprised to see something before December or January -- quite frankly. That is not the fault of Sirius or XM, that's just how it goes. XM's contract with MLB runs from February to February of each year... I would expect (and do expect) an announcement by then. Yes, unfortunately they could miss this holiday selling season.

    Second, I saw someone posted the "guarantee" above -- I will add that the guarantee was for Sirius radios working with Sirius content after the merger. I don't see anything in the guarantee that says anything about the ability to receive XM content.

    At the same time, as a side note, I see that XM stated that ALL of their receivers will work with the Sirius channels. This was the result of the difference in technology between the two in the early stages... Sirius had to make some difficult changes to their tech to catch up to XM, which they did... but they did so be limiting the functionality of their older legacy receivers. XM did not have this problem. This of course is not a dig against Sirius -- just a fact and why there is this issue today.


    -------

    Us sirius subs are still getting screwed. We cant listen to MLB games but xm subs can listen to all NFL games. Granted they dont get the Nascar crew talk channels but NFL is more popular

  9. #19
    Whynot is offline
    Enthusiast
    Whynot's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Location: The Mid-Atlantic Posts: 113

    Lighten up Francis.....

    Gents,

    I don't see how any of the above moaning about the few service issues and hardware glitches are helping any of our Sirius Long positions.

    This is the first time in the history of media that a merger of these types of services has ever been offered and there are bound to be a few problematic issue, especially in it's infancy stages.

    I think (or rather I hope) that most everyone on this forum is Sirius LONG and we should be focusing on sharing the good news and the optomism needed to help this merged entity survive and flourish, rather than harping about a few hiccups in the process. If anyone moaning on this formum thinks that you're offering "late breaking or earth shattering" news to Mel & The Chief Officers of Sirius/XM, well......I think they probably already know about these difficulties and are on their way to rectifiying the situation.

    ANYONE could be reading these threads and posts, including all of the anti-Sirius folks desperate to see the company flounder and more importantly, those on the fence who can't decide whether to invest, buy some of the products and services or stay the hell away and tell 50 of their friends to do the same. If all these folks read on OUR forum is negativity, then why would anyone join our cause??

    Let's try to look at the bright side, encourage folks to sign up, buy loads of shares and then we can watch this company and our stock value SKYROCKET.

    Keepin' it real......

  10. #20
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    You know Homer, I have always had a sneaking suspicion that Sirius XM would do what ever they could to get people to switch to the XM radios... and this only strengthens that suspicion.

    Everyone knows that the XM technology is superior to that of Sirius. From the compression ratios to the chip sets to the Codec, XM technology has Sirius beat hands down. Could this in fact be a ploy to get people to switch over to XM and buy the best of package?
    1) You have to buy a new radio (increase in revenue at retail)
    2) You sign a contract with XM = long term revenue from subs.
    3) You buy best of and pay an extra $4 per month = more added revenue.
    4) They get more people off of the sirius codec and onto the superior XM codec.

    Just a thought.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •