Page 1 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    09-28-2008, 12:53 AM #1

The Best of Sirius on XM -

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/be...-up-on-xm.html

Reports have come in of the "Best of" Sirius channel logos are showing up on the XM Satellite Radio service, and someone even snapped off a few photos of them in action.

As far as we know, the "Best of" services are still scheduled for an October 6th launch, so these are probably just live tests and the channel assignments could very likely change.

But it's still pretty cool to see.

Temp Channels for the service on XM side from message board source

63 - NASCAR Radio
    86 - Sports Play-by-Play
    99 - Playboy Radio
    103 - Howard 100
    104 - Sports Play-by-Play
    105 - NFL Radio
    106 - Sports Play-by-Play
    107 - Sports Play-by-Play
    108 - Sports Play-by-Play

Banned
    09-30-2008, 07:53 AM #2
    wow thats worth 17.99 a month?No thanks!!!

09-30-2008, 12:00 PM #3
    $17.99 per month? Huh?

Ummm, you're already paying $12.99 a month, genius. Then to add the extra channels noted above is only another $4.00 per month. It is not $17.99 per month.

Being an XM subscriber, adding Stern and NASCAR is probably worth $4/month more to me... so I'll sign up for it... that is, if the friggin website would stop with the errors already. Their website sucks.

Unfortunately, system errors occurred during your login process. Please try to login again at a later time, or call 1-800-XM-RADIO (1-800-967-2346) for assistance We apologize for this inconvenience.

-------

09-30-2008, 12:08 PM #4
    P.S. -- It's no where near $16.99 per month either, if you know how to do it....

My wife has been an XM subscriber for over 5 years. She's signed up through the mulit-year prepaid plan, so it only costs $9.99/month. Then my radio is on the family plan, so I only pay $6.99/month. That's $16.98/month for 2 radios.

I can then add the Sirius package to my radio for the additional $4/month.

As I said, if you take advantage of the offers, it can be worth it...

-------

09-30-2008, 06:17 PM #5
    I'm a sirius subscriber and i can get the best of xm channels now, but i need to get a better radio. Should the new Stratus 5 radio work with the sportster boombox? I've had it for close to 2 yrs. I think the model # is SP-b1ra
    Last edited by bbking32; 09-30-2008 at 09:16 PM.

10-02-2008, 12:23 AM #6

Many sirius radios uncompatible with best of xm package

Older sirius radios uncompatible with the new xm add on package

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately many of the very first Sirius 12 volt powered radios released and the foundation of the long term Sirius loyal subscriber base are the ones who will have to do without the Best of XM package unless you buy a new radio. Here is a partial list of radios that wont get the XM channels.

Sportster SP-R1
    Sportster Replay SP-TK2 ( first 2 years of release) If you get Hardcore sports 98 on your radio you should be good for the Xm add on (call customer service)
    Orbiter SR4000 DISH SR200 BRIX STREAMER
    All Audiovox and Jensen plug & play radios
    Most Sirius One SV1 radios.
    STARMATE ST1 & ST1R
    STARMATE ST2 & ST2R & XACT XTR8 Replay ( first 2 years of release) If you get Hardcore sports 98 on your radio you should be good for the Xm add on (call customer service)
    Xact XTR1 & XTR2
    Xact XTR3 Visor radios

SO here is the way Sirius is slowly retiring the radios they got fined by the FCC for due to the Strong Fm transmitter design that were in these radios.
    If you want the Best of XM add on package you have to get a new radio.

Odd thing here is all Xm radios that I know of are compatible with the BEST of Siruis add on package and will NOT require an upgrade whatsoever.

Enthusiast
    10-02-2008, 11:51 AM #7
    I learned that I can't get "best of" XM for my factory installed radio - 2005 Jeep... BUT, they did offer to send me a new plug in play radio for free. So they are making the effort.
    I declined, because I'd prefer to keep my factory radio - but I am signing up for the best of service on my stiletto.

10-02-2008, 01:15 PM #8
    I'm going to attempt not to vent here, but Sirius XM has to get their customer service together... I realize that they just opened this option up and it's a work in progress situation, but really??? Should it take 50 minutes to get this worked out to add the Sirius Best of package on my XM? (I was on-hold for less than 5 minutes while I waited to start the process... the other 45 was dealing with the CSR).

I hope someone at Sirius/XM reads this to realize what's going on here...

First, I went to the XM website to add the Best of package to my radio, which is a family plan sub... my wife listens to hers in an office where Stern isn't really office friendly, so she has no use for the best of package. So I tried to add the option, but the webiste doesn't give me an option to add the Best of package to a family plan sub -- only to buy a full package for $16.99 (or multi-year discounts). The site does say that my account "qualifies" for a multi-radio discount, but it doesn't say how it is reflected in the account. I'm left to with one option for this, adding a full package.

So I give up and call the 1-866 number. The CSR was very friendly, knowledgable and understandable -- but at the same time, too robotic with the prepared responses.

All I wanted to do was add the Best of package to my radio, but they couldn't do it - because my radio wasn't the "primary radio", but rather it was a family plan radio. I would have to add the Best of package to BOTH radio's, to get it on my radio -- even though I didn't want it on the primary radio. Frustrated at this point with going back and forth with the robotic CSR, I was ready to say forget it. I was ticked, especially because the website says that the Best of package can be added to family plan subs for just $4/month (I was already prepaid with my sub for another 10 months)... the CSR kept saying it would be $16.99/month to do it.

Finally, the CSR said they could refund the amount remaining on my wife's prepaid 3-year plan -- and refund the amount left on my prepaid 1-year family plan... then recharge her radio as the family plan sub, and mine as the new primary radio. GREAT! At least now we're getting somewhere...

The refund was what it should be -- the new charge for the family plan sub on my wife's radio was fine ($6.99/month); but the new charge on my radio was not... the CSR kept saying it would come to $356 for 2 years, but the website showed that it would be $322 for 2 years of "XM Everything plus Sirius Best of". What gives? I explained for several minutes that the amount on the website was different than what he was quoting -- tough to explain to a robot that kept repeating from cards... he finally agreed to look into it. After 10 minutes on-hold while the CSR looked into it, they finally came back and said the $322 was the correct amount. I have no idea what the discrepancy was or why... just that they said I was right. I was done.... finally.

NET - NET, I paid $37 out of pocket for 2 years of Sirius Best of -- (not a bad deal, however I got 6 months less service on the primary sub and 2 extra months on the family plan sub with this). But this still took 50 minutes with a CSR that was likely getting frustrated too -- although very apologetic.

This whole thing could have been avoided if they just allowed a family plan sub to add the Best of package without having to swap everything around, refund subscriptions and recharge new subscriptions... that just complicates matters, allows mistakes to be made, subscribers (and CSR's) to get frustrated and most of all, wastes the time of all involved. Too many moving parts introduces potential problems. Seriously, give the family plan sub an easy option to buy the Best of package for an additional $4/month... and the whole thing can take lest than 5 minutes. Instead all of this??? Doesn't make sense... and I can't be the only one that will have to go through this nightmare.

Okay, so I did vent... sorry, this is just ridiculous...

--------
    Last edited by homer985; 10-02-2008 at 01:29 PM.

10-02-2008, 05:34 PM #9

Best Of Xm

As far as I am concerned Sirius subscribers are getting screwed on the best of XM package. Why the hell would I want to listen to Oprah and who on earth wants to LISTEN to golf on the radio.

and of course......................... part of the package is not Major League Baseball.

Its a joke.

10-02-2008, 05:38 PM #10
    I have a Kenwood plug and play and the radio did update but I do not see the two XM categories so I guess that radio is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO View Post
    Older sirius radios uncompatible with the new xm add on package

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately many of the very first Sirius 12 volt powered radios released and the foundation of the long term Sirius loyal subscriber base are the ones who will have to do without the Best of XM package unless you buy a new radio. Here is a partial list of radios that wont get the XM channels.

Sportster SP-R1
    Sportster Replay SP-TK2 ( first 2 years of release) If you get Hardcore sports 98 on your radio you should be good for the Xm add on (call customer service)
    Orbiter SR4000 DISH SR200 BRIX STREAMER
    All Audiovox and Jensen plug & play radios
    Most Sirius One SV1 radios.
    STARMATE ST1 & ST1R
    STARMATE ST2 & ST2R & XACT XTR8 Replay ( first 2 years of release) If you get Hardcore sports 98 on your radio you should be good for the Xm add on (call customer service)
    Xact XTR1 & XTR2
    Xact XTR3 Visor radios

SO here is the way Sirius is slowly retiring the radios they got fined by the FCC for due to the Strong Fm transmitter design that were in these radios.
    If you want the Best of XM add on package you have to get a new radio.

Odd thing here is all Xm radios that I know of are compatible with the BEST of Siruis add on package and will NOT require an upgrade whatsoever.

Page 1 of 3 123